Headshot Bonus

I know a multitude of people who would love a Headshot Bonus On/Off custom game option. But schnykeees, what’s a headshot bonus? You shoot an enemy in the foot, it does 25% shield damage. You shoot him in the head (with the same weapon) it does 33% shield damage. Adds a risk-reward aspect that competitive players will really enjoy. This would only be useful in a low aim-assist environment, though. Contrary to Reach.

Meh, the best application I can see for this is substituting one-shot headshots in favor of a damage bonus. I’m not exactly sure if this is what you have in mind, but hey it’s a thought for expanding the potential use of this option.

I don’t think a headshot bonus is necessary.

I see no harm in adding it for a Custom Game option, as long as it isn’t implemented into Matchmaking.

> I see no harm in adding it for a Custom Game option, as long as it isn’t implemented into Matchmaking.

It would kind of be stupid to give somebody extra points for getting a headshot whether it be in custom games or matchmaking.

> > I see no harm in adding it for a Custom Game option, as long as it isn’t implemented into Matchmaking.
>
> It would kind of be stupid to give somebody extra points for getting a headshot whether it be in custom games or matchmaking.

I would see it be useful for certain weapons, especially Precision ones.

Custom Games can be anything, not just copies of stuff in Matchmaking, hence why it will be a TOGGLEABLE option, not forced.

> > I see no harm in adding it for a Custom Game option, as long as it isn’t implemented into Matchmaking.
>
> It would kind of be stupid to give somebody extra points for getting a headshot whether it be in custom games or matchmaking.

Except in which case the main headshot bonus (IE. the one hit kill) was substituted for something a fair bit less decisive.

I’ve actually seen shooters where a percentage based damage bonus replaced the auto-win feature of somebody’s noggin and quite honestly it proved the superior way to design a game. You could still go for the risker “skill shots”, while at the same time the game wasn’t given over to purely automatic strategies of where to shoot because, in simply being a risk-reward relationship between the size of the target and a mild damage boost, you could just as well go for the body (or crotch in my case) and still be able to compete at a certain cost (damage) but with a certain benefit as well (effective accuracy, laughs). This duality added depth and thereby enjoyment to the game, and stands as a very real improvement which I would like to see as an option in Halo 4 (since I know you kids won’t ever be able to give up your face-placed crutches any time soon.)

That would be cool for Custom Games.

>

People like you should not be allowed to play Halo.