HD/HDMI ? Thank you (Cal911uNeedHelp)

I recently purchased a 50inch flat screen and I am wondering if it was worth it to upgrade my cables to HD on my 360.

Currently Halo looks fine the way it is but is the upgrade really that different?

Thanks

Member Cal911uNeedHelp was a big help here!

Yea, bro it’s totally worth it, graphics are amazing. Everything looks more cooler.

Sure, why not.

Most definitely, use hdmi cabes if you can. Don’t be a sucker and buy overpriced hdmi cable either. Hdmi is a digital signal, the cheap cables are just as good as the expensive ones for signal quality. I also hope your new 50" is 3d, I think CEA and H4 might support 3d.
Even on the original xbox hd cables made a huge difference.

I recently got a hd tv and i honestly don’t notice a difference when playing games.

> I recently got a hd tv and i honestly don’t notice a difference when playing games.

A) Do you have the settings correct on your 360 system and tv?

b) Are you using HD cables or hdmi instead of the regular av cables that came with your 360?

C) How’s your vision?

> I recently got a hd tv and i honestly don’t notice a difference when playing games.

Truthfully, you either got a poor quality tv or you need to get your eyes checked. There is a huge difference between playing HD games on an SDTV and and HDTV. (This is assuming that you are using an HD source/cables)

> > I recently got a hd tv and i honestly don’t notice a difference when playing games.
>
> Truthfully, you either got a poor quality tv or you need to get your eyes checked. There is a huge difference between playing HD games on an SDTV and and HDTV. (This is assuming that you are using an HD source/cables)

Nope. It’s a 1080p tv , i’m using a hdmi cable and my vision is only bad at a distance.

The difference is night and day.

If you are near sighted on average your sitting distance will be further than you can see clearly. Sounds like you need to go see an optometrist with your answer. HD should be quite noticeable. Eye exams are around $30-40 at alot of places including walmart, people should have them every 2 years.

> > I recently got a hd tv and i honestly don’t notice a difference when playing games.
>
> A) Do you have the settings correct on your 360 system and tv?
>
> b) Are you using HD cables or hdmi instead of the regular av cables that came with your 360?
>
> C) How’s your vision?

I have a high def YV, and just toggled the switch on the standard cable to high def. I do have a spare HDMI cable laying around. It is worth swapping it out? The change in that little switch was pretty dramatic as it is. Just wondering if it looks different or if there is an advantage with a different cable.

> Most definitely, use hdmi cabes if you can. Don’t be a sucker and buy overpriced hdmi cable either. Hdmi is a digital signal, the cheap cables are just as good as the expensive ones for signal quality. I also hope your new 50" is 3d, I think CEA and H4 might support 3d.
> Even on the original xbox hd cables made a huge difference.

Excellent info! Looks like I will have to upgrade my Box. You sound like you might be getting a commission on this…

> I have a high def YV, and just toggled the switch on the standard cable to high def. I do have a spare HDMI cable laying around. It is worth swapping it out? The change in that little switch was pretty dramatic as it is. Just wondering if it looks different or if there is an advantage with a different cable.

There’s no considerable difference between the HD using the 3/5 cables or hdmi. I like Hdmi because it’s less clutter in the wire mess behind my tv. If you have hdmi cables just laying around I’d switch them.

I jumped from standard AV to HDMI, I couldn’t believe the difference it made after making a few changes to my console settings.

> > I have a high def YV, and just toggled the switch on the standard cable to high def. I do have a spare HDMI cable laying around. It is worth swapping it out? The change in that little switch was pretty dramatic as it is. Just wondering if it looks different or if there is an advantage with a different cable.
>
> There’s no considerable difference between the HD using the 3/5 cables or hdmi. I like Hdmi because it’s less clutter in the wire mess behind my tv. If you have hdmi cables just laying around I’d switch them.

Thanks! I’ll give it a shot tonight.