HCS with mouse and keyboard?

So with Halo Infinite being on both console and PC and the fact that it will, probably, be playable with a controller or mouse/keyboard; it made me wonder what the fate of HCS will be. Will pros still use controllers or will they have to make the switch?

As far as I can recall Halo has always been played with a controller competitively; since the days of Halo 3. I think, however, that there was a pro scene even before Halo 3, Naded started as a Halo 2 pro and the Ogres were there since CE, so did they play with mouse and keyboard then as those games were on both console and PC or did they stick to controllers?

IMO, it would be more logical to use controllers as the pros who shaped the HCS would, most probably, be outplayed if mouse and keyboard became the standered. There is, however, a part of me which feels that it would be a waste of potential to not use mouse and keyboard as the level of play will likely increase.

Any thoughts or info on the matter?

I feel like just because it’s been played on console all this time that it should keep doing so. Even though it’s also coming to PC I think Microsoft and 343i will think of it as a console game first and foremost.

> 2533275031939856;2:
> I feel like just because it’s been played on console all this time that it should keep doing so. Even though it’s also coming to PC I think Microsoft and 343i will think of it as a console game first and foremost.

I agree with you but just can’t unsee the lost potential keyboard/mouse would bring to the table.

> 2533274963936070;3:
> > 2533275031939856;2:
> > I feel like just because it’s been played on console all this time that it should keep doing so. Even though it’s also coming to PC I think Microsoft and 343i will think of it as a console game first and foremost.
>
> I agree with you but just can’t unsee the lost potential keyboard/mouse would bring to the table.

I can see if the game is good there being a lot of streamers who play on PC who might want to compete but then get turned off if the tournament scene was console only, but same goes vice versa. Not really sure what they should do.

To answer your question, they played on consoles since the CE days. You can find old vids on youtube of some of those MLG tourneys if you search for them. I think they’ll still use controllers with the new game as well. I just don’t see them making the switch when a controller is what they’ve been using for years.

Edit: Here is the first Halo tourney which was hosted by G4 and MS if you wanna watch. The settings they used were kind of funny looking back. Link.

I think pc players will have faster sensitivity and much more advantages than that of Xbox, it may play out nice, never know

> 2533274989469309;6:
> I think pc players will have faster sensitivity and much more advantages than that of Xbox, it may play out nice, never know

Exactly my point and I think, as Skully pointed out, the game needs to be popular on PC before the switch can be made.

HCS on PC is going to be crazy competitive because of the keyboard and mouse.

The pc version may require controllers to be used. We just don’t have any details yet.

> 2533274963936070;1:
> So with Halo Infinite being on both console and PC and the fact that it will, probably, be playable with a controller or mouse/keyboard; it made me wonder what the fate of HCS will be. Will pros still use controllers or will they have to make the switch?
>
> As far as I can recall Halo has always been played with a controller competitively; since the days of Halo 3. I think, however, that there was a pro scene even before Halo 3, Naded started as a Halo 2 pro and the Ogres were there since CE, so did they play with mouse and keyboard then as those games were on both console and PC or did they stick to controllers?
>
> IMO, it would be more logical to use controllers as the pros who shaped the HCS would, most probably, be outplayed if mouse and keyboard became the standered. There is, however, a part of me which feels that it would be a waste of potential to not use mouse and keyboard as the level of play will likely increase.
>
> Any thoughts or info on the matter?

I think MLG will stay on console just from a sales standpoint. If all the pros are playing on pc then there would be less reason buy an xbox