Hayabusa helmet

so i just started playing the ninja gaiden series and I noticed something… Ryu hayabusa has the same looking mask as the hayabusa helmet in halo 3… Did bungie do that on purpose and they also have the same name to so i thought they had some kind of connection…

Hayabusa is “ninja”. Bungie I assumed just made it a helmet for fun but the reason they are the same is because its a real thing.

The Hayabusa armor bears a resemblance to the armor worn by feudal-era samurai. The armor is named after Ryu Hayabusa, the protagonist of the Ninja Gaiden series and a combatant in the Dead or Alive series. The helmet is almost an exact copy of the “ninja of the future” costume in Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox. Bungie likely created the Hayabusa armor as a tribute to Team Ninja for adding Nicole-458 into Dead or Alive 4. Team Ninja, the developers of the Ninja Gaiden series and Dead or Alive series, are mentioned in the credits for Halo 3.

from halo.wikia.com

Team Ninja who were responsible for Ninja Gaiden had employees who used to be a part of Bungie, they deicded to create for Bunge The Armour Set in Halo 3.

Dead or Alive 4 had a Spartan as a playable character, a Halo themed map and a warthog easter egg on another map. Bungie in turn had a chapter in Halo 2 called “Dead or alive… actually just dead” and Ryu Hayabusa’s armour and katanna as unlockable armour in Halo 3.

> so i just started playing the ninja gaiden series and I noticed something… Ryu hayabusa has the same looking mask as the hayabusa helmet in halo 3… Did bungie do that on purpose and they also have the same name to so i thought they had some kind of connection…

Hence the name Hayabusa.

Yes Bungie did it on purpose because of this.

Dead or alive series was made by team ninja as was ninja gaiden.

It took you how long to notice that Ryu’s last name was the same name as the hayabusa armor once you started to play ninja gaiden?