Having trouble with controller sensitivity

I used to really enjoy melee combat and sneaking around, having close range battles, which led me play on 10 or max sensitivity for Halo 2 and 3. I felt like Halo Reach and Halo 4 required more shooting so reduced it somewhat. In Halo 5, I feel like I can’t snipe except on 1 so I have to change my settings mid battle if I find a rifle and the job falls to me. Otherwise I just end up shooting around someone but not hitting them.

I have come to hate sniping so much in Halo 5 that I just waste the ammo quickly or throw the rifle over the edge before someone kills me and takes it. Other precision weapons I can do like a 2-3 sensitivity. I still like to fight at close range though, which I set the sensitivity to 5 or so these days. Then there’s look acceleration which changes everything again. Has anyone found a good all around sensitivity? Do you have any tips for me? I really hate changing it several times a match depending on what I am doing.

Typical 343i suckboy answer, “get gud.” I’d say try to grind it out to one preference by putting in the time through custom games and practicing trying to switch from different objects/targets until it becomes second habit.

> 2535461287427665;2:
> Typical 343i suckboy answer, “get gud.” I’d say try to grind it out to one preference by putting in the time through custom games and practicing trying to switch from different objects/targets until it becomes second habit.

This. I just pick a control scheme that I’m most used to, leave the sensitivity as is, and play until it feels right.

Try sniping in halo 3 then you will see how easy sniping is in halo 5

I understand your frustration clearly since I have the same problem with autos. No matter how much I changed the sensitivity I windmill the AR. My answer for that is to fine tune my headshot weapons and get rid of the AR asap. As for you, it depends how much you really want/need to snipe and change your sensitivity for the playlist/map that you are going into.

Your playstyle will fill out most of the paperwork in regards to sensitivity:

• Are you aggressive or defensive? - Do you prefer fighting from a distance, up close and personal, or anywhere in between? - Do you rush in without thinking or carefully anticipate your enemies’ movements beforehand?Lower sensitivities allow for greater stability on targets, though you have to stay alert most of the time. Otherwise, you may not be able to react fast enough to defend yourself from surprise attacks Higher sensitivities grant you overall better flexibility in close quarters combat (without hampering your long-range abilities) but the increased speed requires immense control over your muscle input to prevent overshooting.

> 2533274834066497;5:
> I understand your frustration clearly since I have the same problem with autos. No matter how much I changed the sensitivity I windmill the AR. My answer for that is to fine tune my headshot weapons and get rid of the AR asap. As for you, it depends how much you really want/need to snipe and change your sensitivity for the playlist/map that you are going into.

Autos are OP how in the *** do you windmill an AR

> 2533274805919869;7:
> > 2533274834066497;5:
> > I understand your frustration clearly since I have the same problem with autos. No matter how much I changed the sensitivity I windmill the AR. My answer for that is to fine tune my headshot weapons and get rid of the AR asap. As for you, it depends how much you really want/need to snipe and change your sensitivity for the playlist/map that you are going into.
>
> Autos are OP how in the *** do you windmill an AR

Windmilling weapons can only be done on the higher sensitivities. I always play on the absolute highest settings, which means I’m windmilling my weapons all day long. Doesn’t hinder sniping, though.

> 2535429593088083;8:
> > 2533274805919869;7:
> > > 2533274834066497;5:
> > > I understand your frustration clearly since I have the same problem with autos. No matter how much I changed the sensitivity I windmill the AR. My answer for that is to fine tune my headshot weapons and get rid of the AR asap. As for you, it depends how much you really want/need to snipe and change your sensitivity for the playlist/map that you are going into.
> >
> > Autos are OP how in the *** do you windmill an AR
>
> Windmilling weapons can only be done on the higher sensitivities. I always play on the absolute highest settings, which means I’m windmilling my weapons all day long. Doesn’t hinder sniping, though.

If you are having trouble aiming obviously the settings you are using are not the ones for you… why not change them?

> 2533274805919869;9:
> > 2535429593088083;8:
> > > 2533274805919869;7:
> > > > 2533274834066497;5:
> > > > I understand your frustration clearly since I have the same problem with autos. No matter how much I changed the sensitivity I windmill the AR. My answer for that is to fine tune my headshot weapons and get rid of the AR asap. As for you, it depends how much you really want/need to snipe and change your sensitivity for the playlist/map that you are going into.
> > >
> > > Autos are OP how in the *** do you windmill an AR
> >
> > Windmilling weapons can only be done on the higher sensitivities. I always play on the absolute highest settings, which means I’m windmilling my weapons all day long. Doesn’t hinder sniping, though.
>
> If you are having trouble aiming obviously the settings you are using are not the ones for you… why not change them?

I don’t mean it like that; the increased speed is a life-saver in close quarters, especially during Infection.