Having an ODST as second player.

I had this argument on B.net and he gave me this great idea of having an ODST as the second player in Halo 4.
I don’t know it this would work canoncially because i don’t know what will happend, but if we do see ODST’s in Halo 4 for some reason it would be pretty awesome because that would make the gameplay really interesting, like Master Chief pretty much has to look out for the ODST because he does not have shields and is alot smaller and weaker.

What you think? Please don’t go of-topic and say this would not work with the story and canon, just think of the idea, and maybe we will see other humans since Cortana did send a… don’t remeber what it was but something that would make them find them, like a radio signal something.

Or it could be a spartan II, just that it has the feeling of begin weaker and the first player has to look out for it.

> A skull that allows that would be cool, but not as default.

^That is NAAAAIIIZZZZ^

Considering I love the ODST game, I wouldn’t mind having an ODST as a second player. However, I doubt ODST’s will be in the story and the other players will most likely just be another Master Chief. (Like they did with HCEA. The other players are Master Chief, as well.)

> I had this argument on B.net and he gave me this great idea of having an ODST as the second player in Halo 4.
> I don’t know it this would work canoncially because i don’t know what will happend, but if we do see ODST’s in Halo 4 for some reason it would be pretty awesome because that would make the gameplay really interesting, like Master Chief pretty much has to look out for the ODST because he does not have shields and is alot smaller and weaker.
>
> What you think? Please don’t go of-topic and say this would not work with the story and canon, just think of the idea, and maybe we will see other humans since Cortana did send a… don’t remeber what it was but something that would make them find them, like a radio signal something.
>
> Or it could be a spartan II, just that it has the feeling of begin weaker and the first player has to look out for it.

If you had to protect the ODST this would have to be handeld very carefuly. If it made it were you restarted to checkpoint if he/she died it would make campain mind numbingly hard. But if they had it were he could die what would be the consequence’s would the story continue normaly or would it be changed, if they did this then that in my mind would chang the old halo campain style (I’m not talking about the story its self) but too me it wouldnt feel like the good Halo campain. If they did do this then I think they should have it where the stroy is changed up a little bit, but again it wouldnt make it feel like the old Halo stories (in my opinion) and would have to be handled very carefuly

To tell you the truth, I don’t think that’d work very well, it’d be like making a game where one guy plays as a young foot ball star, and another guy plays as an old guy with a bad leg. You’re forgetting that the MC is a spartan that is a super soldier who, with out the armor, could out run a Kenyan, and with the his powered armor, he could run fast enough to run 2 or 3 laps for the Kenyan’s one lap. So the ODST wouldn’t be a good CoOp character to be matched up with the Chief, but if it was a match up with a S3 and a ODST, then yeah, I could see that happening.

> What you think? Please don’t go of-topic and say this would not work with the story and canon, just think of the idea, and maybe we will see other humans since Cortana did send a… don’t remeber what it was but something that would make them find them, like a radio signal something.

A beacon.

not a fan, doesn’t work with canon and it doesn’t work with gameplay. ODSTs aren’t equiped with EVA gear nor do they have shields… It’d have to be another MC. plus if you are an ODST, that means you’re weaker and are just all around worse…

ODSTs do have EVA gear, you just don’t see them going out side alot.
If you read the books, in the Halo novel “The Cole Protocol” Cap. Keyes and a small group of ODSTs boarded a ship full of food and supplys for coloneys, and it was riged to blow up, cause there was also some black market goods or something on it, but in order for them to get back to their ship, they had to put the wounded into cargo containers, and use their BRs to go into space, and get far enough away from the soon to blow ship, to keep from getting blown up. ODSTs do have EVA gear, hell, it’d be stupid of them not to have some kind of EVA gear if they’re launched from a star ship in a single man pod that could get damage in space, and lose it’s air supply in rout to the planet.

That might not be fun for the Co-Op players. Just have them be ODST, but same speed, health, and shields.

It would make MUCH more sense for them to just have the Chief find Blue Team and have them be the other 3 coop characters.

Terrible idea. Both players should be equal.

Easy enough to just do what Reach did, and have everybody be their own Spartans in-game. Maybe one person is forced to be Chief, or maybe 1st player just gets to be “The Chief” with a different armor set in co-op.

> Easy enough to just do what Reach did, and have everybody be their own Spartans in-game. Maybe one person is forced to be Chief, or maybe 1st player just gets to be “The Chief” with a different armor set in co-op.

Worked great with elites but now idk what to have.

sounds intresting ;D

i wanna be the odst, me pick me D:

• waves my arm- DX

or since it is a forerunner planet and cheif comes a cross a damaged sentanil and put cortana in it? letting her control it?

Are you saying cortana would controll the whole planet thingy? Are you insane?

i wish they would put side missions in halo 4 like a spiecal ops like in mw2 but you play as a odst

I’m game for Rookie to my Tails.

im sure 343 already has ideas on this

Simular to this.

double post, my bad.