Haven Map MIA?

It’s obvious that 343i has updated the odds for the map “Haven” appearing in Matchmaking on the 4v4 Infinity slayer playlist. I get Harvest + Adrift + Abandon 75% of the time, which is absolutely rediculous odds. The other 15% of the time I see Complex/Solace instead of Abandon, and I get to play Haven once every 20 matches.

I can only guess to why this is happening, so please help me out.

• They saw it was being picked too often, and reduced it’s odds.

• The addition of Harvest into Infinity Slayer for Crimson map pack holders screwed up the odds for Haven? (It almost doesn’t even make sense, but it’s all I got…)

Can anyone WITHOUT the crimson map pack confirm or deny if they see Haven often or not? If you aren’t experiencing this, then I’m wondering if I can somehow disable my crimson map pack? I don’t care for BTB, and I really dislike Harvest.

Thanks!

Harvest is terrible.

I got stuck on that map last night with the rest of my team quitting after handing the opponents the lead. Had to finish the rest of the game solo, I assume because JiP doesn’t work right with the new maps, or the people who were searching didn’t have them.

I think they dramatically lowered the chance of Haven coming up just before the map pack came out actually. I noticed this just before the new maps myself. It really annoys me because I don’t like playing 4v4 on Complex, its too big, and I really really REALLY dislike Abandon because when you spawn on the lower half by the cliff you have to look around to figure out where you spawned at. And Adrift is ok… I guess.

But I want to play Haven. Haven is a really good map, and its insane 343 would make their most popular map come up less often just because they’re mad we don’t want to play their other maps.

Really i been getting Haven still quite frequently last night it was actually beginning to get on my nerves as i wanted to play other maps but everyone just keeps voting Haven.

I wasn’t seeing Haven last night either in either Infinity Slayer or Team SWAT. Players were voting for Harvest in SWAT and those games took forever because (a) it’s a huge map, and (b) people quit and weren’t being replaced through join-in-progress.

Removing the most popular map in all 4v4 playlists? Seems logical, oh and replace it with worsethancomplex.map? Of course!

EDIT: Well, not remove, but you get the cut of the jig.

Haven is a terrible map; many of us are sick to death of it.

> I think they dramatically lowered the chance of Haven coming up just before the map pack came out actually. I noticed this just before the new maps myself. It really annoys me because I don’t like playing 4v4 on Complex, its too big, and I really really REALLY dislike Abandon because when you spawn on the lower half by the cliff you have to look around to figure out where you spawned at. And Adrift is ok… I guess.
>
> But I want to play Haven. Haven is a really good map, and its insane 343 would make their most popular map come up less often just because they’re mad we don’t want to play their other maps.

I think you’re right. I wasn’t sure when I noticed it honestly, but I didn’t think 343 would reduce the odds on a popular map intentionally. To me, this just brings up a larger underlying issue. The current vote system will always have this weakness. They should wise up and revert to a veto system.

I completely agree about the maps though. Complex + Harvest are absolutely terrible for 4v4 slayer. Abandon can be decent if your team can hold upper ring, and Adrift is not bad, but I don’t like how it’s tiny hallways promote camping.

> Haven is a terrible map; many of us are sick to death of it.

Your nuts dude. :wink: I think “many of us” would rather play Haven is a more correct statement. Hence the reason it’s always chosen.

I must be lucky then because it shows up quite regularly for me.

I have played on Haven 5 times today alone in Infinity Challenge Slayer. No such luck, I’m afraid.

Shows up much less often. maybe 1-5+ votes if lucky.

Considering Haven and Adrift (and Abandon I guess…) are the only correctly sized 4v4 maps in the game, and Haven > Adrift.

Wish it showed up more.

Unless you love getting to the two minute warning in Complex over and over and crouch hiding invisible taking pot shots with the DMR :smiley: :smiley: >.<

I am stuck with unfortunete situation of after playing Haven a lot getting tired of it then playing the other maps and realizing they are just too big for a reasonable 4v4 game. Its stunning to me that Haven is only map that is right size for 4v4 and its really not even that small. There have been smaller 4v4 maps that worked fine but for some reason every Halo 4 map is basically the size of a big team map.

> Shows up much less often. maybe 1-5+ votes if lucky.
>
> Considering Haven and Adrift (and Abandon I guess…) are the only correctly sized 4v4 maps in the game, and Haven > Adrift.
>
> Wish it showed up more.
>
>
> Unless you love getting to the two minute warning in Complex over and over and crouch hiding invisible taking pot shots with the DMR :smiley: :smiley: >.<

Adrift is probably also the right size I just wish it played a little faster. It has the Pit problem of sometimes games just slow down really hardcore to a near crawl.

> > Shows up much less often. maybe 1-5+ votes if lucky.
> >
> > Considering Haven and Adrift (and Abandon I guess…) are the only correctly sized 4v4 maps in the game, and Haven > Adrift.
> >
> > Wish it showed up more.
> >
> >
> > Unless you love getting to the two minute warning in Complex over and over and crouch hiding invisible taking pot shots with the DMR :smiley: :smiley: >.<
>
> Adrift is probably also the right size I just wish it played a little faster. It has the Pit problem of sometimes games just slow down really hardcore to a near crawl.

Adrift turns into everyone running around in a circle around the outer ring, or sitting at opposite corners haha

Every once in 25 games it will be a fun middle-area-bum-rush but, typically, it’s option 1 or 2.

I played Haven 4 games in a row earlier, but i dont mind as it’s probably my favorite map to date!!