Haven= 1 of my favorite maps in halo 4 so far

yeah yeah… call me crazy… but I think this Could be 1 of my favorite in Halo so far… I like its fairly balanced and simplistic setup…
It Has a lot of great CQC hallways… but it also have openings so that snipers could fire from across the map…
There are also a lot of great trick jumps to perform on this map,Particularly at top mid.
The weapon spawns, particularly the concussion rifle, feel great and balanced… if barely used due to “Gritty tactical War Simulator choose whatever weapon you -Yoink- want” loadouts… But its still a nice little touch.

It also requires good footwork and map knowledge, particularly on SWAT or Legendary slayer. Using smart tactics can land you multiple kills against groups… It requires a sort of finesse or good footwork to avoid being mowed down… of course except for cases against the power weapons in Legendary Slayer, but that’s more of a gripe with the mode itself…

Overall, I Really liked this map, and I don’t think it deserves all the flak it gets… It feels fun and balanced… Not slow paced and claustrophobic like Adrift and shutout or too wide and open spaced like complex and moniloth…

But of course that’s my opinion… Im not posing this as a fact, just how I felt overall compared to other 4v4 maps…

For 4v4, this map is just a masterpiece!

I think Haven is the only playable map in Halo 4.

> I think Haven is the only playable map in Halo 4.

At least It beats most 4v4 maps in Halo Reach IMO

> I think Haven is the only playable map in Halo 4.

Skyline is pretty good, although it IS DLC.

> I think Haven is the only playable map in Halo 4.

Alot of the DLC maps are really fun, like the last two map packs.

Agreed. I like how clean the design is. It’s got a good mix of open and closed, and cover without being cluttered or sloppy. Overall nice weapon choices, too.

Haven is on the spot for me as a great map. Remakes of it in Halo 5 anyone? :smiley:

Deleted

I agree 100% with the OP. However, one question for you: Why do you say “so far”? Have you been absent for the last 8 months? Are you new to Halo 4?

Don’t take it offensively, I can be outright sometimes. I just find it awkward to see a post like this long after the game’s release.

> Abandon, Skyline, Daybreak, Haven, Perdition, Monolith, and Exile are my favorites. Not a fan of Abandon, and I hate Solace.
>
> Notice how most are DLC maps, 343 and Certain Affinity are definitely improving their maps.

Abandon is good for smaller team games (Doubles and basic Slayer) and FFA-style games. Not good for anything else IMO.
Skyline is absolutely STUNNING with its graphics, and it is made solely for the competitive gamer. Lots of trick jumps, quick movement through the map, awesome CQC hallways and great lines of sight.
Daybreak falls in line with Skyline. It seems awkwardly created, consisting of a small base with a man cannon and a large base, however the open landscape and smaller enclosed caves make it a perfect objective map.
Haven is Haven. Need I say more?
Perdition is also insanely good for a map. It creates for great objective gameplay (CTF is a major one), as well as being perfectly balanced between each team’s side of the map. It is also large enough so it can’t be totally controlled by a single team.
Monolith is a colorful map with great aesthetics. It has a mysterious lore behind it, and with lore comes architecture. I like how it is symmetric, consisting of 2 team bases and 2 man cannons. The corridors are great for CQC, and the openness of the map makes for great long range engagements. The map also flows evenly throughout it, instead of flowing towards the middle.
Exile is a great vehicular map with awesome flow. All sides are balanced in virtually every way. Also if I may add it is a perfect map for Dominion, as it isn’t too difficult to capture and hold any of the 3 bases.

Out of every map announced for Halo 4, though, I think Vertigo is going to be my favorite. It is interactive, and flows from open ground into large cave systems.

I’m going to be the odd man out here and say Haven is actually quite possibly my least-liked map in the entire game, just behind Adrift.

I have no idea what it is, to be honest. It’s a decently-sized symmetrical map that features combat possibilities for everyone, and nothing seems to be wrong with it at first glance.

But for some reason, I just don’t understand the flow of the map. Something isn’t clicking in my head, and the same thing happens to me on Adrift. I feel like I have no direction, like I’m just walking around the map, rather than seeking out enemies.

I don’t seem to be drawn toward combat areas, and for someone who uses “tactics” like I do (Search and Destroy!), that’s… Strange. I can’t seem to identify where I’m supposed to be at any given time.

Still not nearly as bad as Adrift, but for some reason, I just can’t wrap my head around it. I know it’s not a bad map, and in fact, I feel like I should be okay with it.

I have to agree, Haven is an awesome map.

> I have to agree, Haven is an awesome map.

Only good map in halo 4, other are -Yoink-…

It’s my second best map Adrift is on the first place for me now :slight_smile:

I hate Haven almost as much as I hate Complex.

I love Solace and Adrift as well as a few others.

> Haven is on the spot for me as a great map. Remakes of it in Halo 5 anyone? :smiley:

No need.

Just continue with that style of design. It’s been around since Halo 2. Haven is simply Halo 4’s version of Zealot from Reach, which was Halo Reach’s version of Heretic from Halo 3, which was a remake of Midship from Halo 2.

Strangely enough, I thought they were the best default maps in each of the Halo games. (Heretic wasn’t default, but it was just a remake of Midship).

I’d like to hope they continue using that style in Halo 5, as it always seems to play fairly well, even if only with some minor changes.

It was one of the better launch maps in Halo 4, for sure. I’m tired of it now, though. It’s not the maps fault, I think I’m just getting tired of symmetrical maps altogether. I might be outgrowing my arena days. I still like 'em in 4v4 play, though.

Haven just flows so nicely and doesen’t revolve around a single power position like Abandon. Adrift’s great too but it gets very campy/standoffish sometimes (specially against camokids). I’d say at this point Simplex is the only map that can rival Haven as the best map of Halo 4.

> Haven just flows so nicely and doesen’t revolve around a single power position like Abandon. Adrift’s great too but it gets very campy/standoffish sometimes (specially against camokids). I’d say at this point Simplex is the only map that can rival Haven as the best map of Halo 4.

Coincidentally, both maps are derived from Midship in one way or another.