Have you seen the new rocketlauncher?

It seems to be a new rocketlauncher for Halo 5 Guardians. I believe this will have the function that the Halo 2 Rocketlauncher had. What do you think?

i dont believe thats the new rocket launcher…

Mayb other version with lock on or something looks more like it.

But ye its a rocket tho…

The first thought I had was that it looked like a recoilless rifle. Recoilless rifles fire artillery shells which don’t leave the smoke trail of a missile/rocket. So it could be a more precise, less visible, single-shot launcher. Like a bridge between sniper and rocket launcher.

Recoilless Rifle Example

To me it looks like a one-shot, high-accuracy, low-splash anti-vehicle weapon. The SPNKr is more anti-infantry in its current iteration.

Isn’t that pretty much the purpose of the spartan laser? other than low-visibility.

> Isn’t that pretty much the purpose of the spartan laser? other than low-visibility.

Hmm. You have a point. Maybe anti-air? Actually, no, skip that, I’ve changed my view. I now think that this is the anti-infantry rocket launcher, and the SPNKr is the anti-vehicle one. Why would they put an anti-air/vehicle gun in a 4v4-only beta? Derp.

Reminds me of a high tech M72 LAW.

> > Isn’t that pretty much the purpose of the spartan laser? other than low-visibility.
>
> Hmm. You have a point. Maybe anti-air? Actually, no, skip that, I’ve changed my view. I now think that this is the anti-infantry rocket launcher, and the SPNKr is the anti-vehicle one. Why would they put an anti-air/vehicle gun in a 4v4-only beta? Derp.

What would be the purpose of having two UNSC rocket launchers though? They might technically be for different uses but is there really a need to have a RL specifically for vehicles and another one for infantry? Especially since this game is supposed to be going back to a less complicated multiplayer?

I say it’s the new version of the SPNKr.

Looks like a futuristic MK153 SMAW.

Hope this is new and not replacing the M41 SSR.

You know what? I welcome this change if it’s the new rocket launcher, we’ve had the same model for a long, long time now and it’ll be good to let it have it’s legacy in the MCC.

If it is indeed a redesigned Rocket Launcher, the nostalgia in me makes me want to hate it, but its awesome appearance makes me want to love it.

It kinda resembles the weapon from Id Software’s Rage.

ohpleaseohpleasebethenewmisslepod

It might be a missile pod or at least a replacement for it.

Well, I think I’ll miss the double barrel, but those handles look great.

It looks like the anti air launcher from halo pre xbox.

Might be a weapon specifically created for arena first?

The back half of the gun looks practically identical to the sticky detonator…it’s probably some form of a grenade launcher

I have no idea how it could work. I’m just hoping it isn’t the replacement of the SPNKR. I mean, clearly this RL will only shoot one rocket, but the 2 shots from the SPNKR is just more funner than a single shot. The single shot would need to act unique in some way.

I’m surprised. None of you have yet to mention the larger box clamped to the middle of the weapon. I’ve looked a many RLs we have today however the only ones that resemble this are one shots and take so long to reload that it’s better to just drop it and get a new one. However none of them have a box like that attached to them. This make me believe that it is not a one shot but perhaps a a four to five shot like the Brute shot or missile pod(most likely closer in damage to the brute shot). It also looks like a weapon that can lock-on to targets.