Have you predetermined Halo 4's quality?

I have always found it odd that when games come out that there is almost always a group of people who get all riled up about a review score for that said game before they have even played it. It seems that it is often the same group that would claim that the game will be the very best game ever made, that it will somehow rekindle a love from the very first time that they played the franchise in a gleaming, and triumphant return of nostalgial, and fun.

I have seen many posts on these forums, often polar opposite of one another, some saying that even though they know nothing about Halo 4 that it will in fact be great, and some saying it will be bad because it is not made by the original developers. So I ask, have you made your decisions about the game already? Do you really think that just because the game is part of a popular and up till this point a high quality franchise that quality is a given? Do you think that it is okay to get angry about a review not praising a game just because it is from a certain franchise?

Yes.

I have decided it’s great.
No matter what anyone says.

> Yes.
>
> I have decided it’s great.
> No matter what anyone says.

So, now I ask. If it get’s negative reviews are you going to be one of those people who get angry at the reviewers and claims that the reviewer must be a “COD fanboy”? Are you going to be disappointed if is not “great”? Will you make excuses for it even though you have issue with it’s quality?

Better than the last Halo game, and that’s it.

> > Yes.
> >
> > I have decided it’s great.
> > No matter what anyone says.
>
> So, now I ask. If it get’s negative reviews are you going to be one of those people who get angry at the reviewers and claims that the reviewer must be a “COD fanboy”? Are you going to be disappointed if is not “great”? Will you make excuses for it even though you have issue with it’s quality?

I will, and always have.

Halo is part of my soul.
I never abide against it.

> Better than the last Halo game, and that’s it.

This. I’m expecting it to be at least better than Reach.

> > > Yes.
> > >
> > > I have decided it’s great.
> > > No matter what anyone says.
> >
> > So, now I ask. If it get’s negative reviews are you going to be one of those people who get angry at the reviewers and claims that the reviewer must be a “COD fanboy”? Are you going to be disappointed if is not “great”? Will you make excuses for it even though you have issue with it’s quality?
>
> I will, and always have.
>
> Halo is part of my soul.
> I never abide against it.

Lets put it this way, the people who usually give negative reviews are usually bad at the game, so yes they will be a “cod fanboy” because they like the “who sees who first, 1 shot kills” kinds of games. “the ones they can actually get kills in”.

Visually I was very pleased with how Halo:CEA turned out, it was bright and colorful, I loved it. I’d be happy with that level of detail but that’s just me leaving a little room for improvement.

As far as game itself will play, I’m keeping my imagination out of it. They painted a pretty picture in a recent Bulletin that has my hopes for Halo gameplay being reimagined in a nostalgic way.

Reviews don’t hold much weight these days, at least for me anyway, at most I’ll use a review as a cornerstone to making my own judgement of a game if I’m unsure of a purchase.

> > > > Yes.
> > > >
> > > > I have decided it’s great.
> > > > No matter what anyone says.
> > >
> > > So, now I ask. If it get’s negative reviews are you going to be one of those people who get angry at the reviewers and claims that the reviewer must be a “COD fanboy”? Are you going to be disappointed if is not “great”? Will you make excuses for it even though you have issue with it’s quality?
> >
> > I will, and always have.
> >
> > Halo is part of my soul.
> > I never abide against it.
>
> Lets put it this way, the people who usually give negative reviews are usually bad at the game, so yes they will be a “cod fanboy” because they like the “who sees who first, 1 shot kills” kinds of games. “the ones they can actually get kills in”.

Wow, clearly you have a very enlightened view into the reviewing process, you should start a career in game journalism.

Not sure if you have noticed that the average Halo game get’s better review scores than the average Call of Duty game on the average game site or magazine, your argument is still stupid on many other levels, but this is just a simply way I can put it for you to understand.

Also to reply to earlier points, aside from map quality, I think Halo: Reach was a very good game.

> > Yes.
> >
> > I have decided it’s great.
> > No matter what anyone says.
>
> So, now I ask. If it get’s negative reviews are you going to be one of those people who get angry at the reviewers and claims that the reviewer must be a “COD fanboy”? Are you going to be disappointed if is not “great”? Will you make excuses for it even though you have issue with it’s quality?

Reviews don’t really mean much to me. I have loved games that have gotten bad reviews and hated games that got great reviews.

what? we dont know anything about halo 4 yet???

hopefully its better than reach, that being said, reach is my favorite halo.

its just, why would I want the series to go down?

I have decided that if it is executed properly (which it seems like it’s going to be) it will probably be better than Reach.

> > > Yes.
> > >
> > > I have decided it’s great.
> > > No matter what anyone says.
> >
> > So, now I ask. If it get’s negative reviews are you going to be one of those people who get angry at the reviewers and claims that the reviewer must be a “COD fanboy”? Are you going to be disappointed if is not “great”? Will you make excuses for it even though you have issue with it’s quality?
>
> Reviews don’t really mean much to me. I have loved games that have gotten bad reviews and hated games that got great reviews.

Fair enough, I understand where you are coming from, my point is more to the entitlement that people feel that their favourite games hold, not realizing that a review is about the opinion of the person writing it and wanting it to score high as a measurement of it’s greatness to validate themselves in the process. My favourite game site is Giantbomb.com, they’re not too huge of a group of Halo fans, but even though I am a huge Halo fan I still love that site, because they like what they like, and thier reviews almost always seem fair. You can still get value out of a Review even if you disagree with it, Jeff Gerstmann taught me that.

I want Halo 4 to score high, as everyone should want it to be good, but this idea of getting a 10 just because it is the newest game in the series is just silly.