Have we gotten any updates on Halo Mythos?

They talked about it at the beginning of this year and I don’t believe I’ve heard anything since. Anyone else know if any more details have come out yet?

We know it comes out September 6th, we know it has 50 brand-new pieces of artwork, we know it is 208 pages long, and we know it has three writers (one of which is Jeff Easterling, or GrimBrotherOne).

> 2535408102032171;2:
> We know it comes out September 6th, we know it has 50 brand-new pieces of artwork, we know it is 208 pages long, and we know it has three writers (one of which is Jeff Easterling, or GrimBrotherOne).

Only 50 new pieces of art? I thought there would be more, around a little over 100.

> 2533274840469109;3:
> > 2535408102032171;2:
> > We know it comes out September 6th, we know it has 50 brand-new pieces of artwork, we know it is 208 pages long, and we know it has three writers (one of which is Jeff Easterling, or GrimBrotherOne).
>
>
> Only 50 new pieces of art? I thought there would be more, around a little over 100.

Some will probably be multi-page splashes. Stuff like that isnt something you can just crank out.

> 2533274992413430;1:
> They talked about it at the beginning of this year and I don’t believe I’ve heard anything since. Anyone else know if any more details have come out yet?

Are you referring to this?

> 2533274797756411;5:
> > 2533274992413430;1:
> > They talked about it at the beginning of this year and I don’t believe I’ve heard anything since. Anyone else know if any more details have come out yet?
>
>
> Are you referring to this?

No. 343 is making a huge lore type book that basically goes over all the novels and corrects/fixes any lore issues. It also has a lot of artwork and character bios.
What you refereed to is Fractures, which is a book with a bunch of mini stories written by a bunch of different authors.

> 2535408102032171;2:
> We know it comes out September 6th, we know it has 50 brand-new pieces of artwork, we know it is 208 pages long, and we know it has three writers (one of which is Jeff Easterling, or GrimBrotherOne).

Oh I don’t remember there being anything said on a release date, cool. Thanks.

I’m wondering how much it will affect the original games and novels. I haven’t been too much into the EU since there is a lot of material (stories and characters) that frankly doesn’t interest me at all. But at the same time, I’m curious at taking a look at this book once it’s released.

> 2533274887950450;8:
> I’m wondering how much it will affect the original games and novels. I haven’t been too much into the EU since there is a lot of material (stories and characters) that frankly doesn’t interest me at all. But at the same time, I’m curious at taking a look at this book once it’s released.

Eh, not by much. I think it will mostly just give us more info of the lore that the games haven’t told us. Like the Forerunners and The Fall of Reach. It will probably fill gaps as well between stories like with Halo New Blood.

Honestly I am really, really not looking forward to this book…343i already totally screwed over the series with 'Halo 5’s atrocious story - we don’t need them trying to go over anything else from the past and putting their “mark” on that too. Why can’t they just leave well enough alone?

> 2533274992413430;9:
> > 2533274887950450;8:
> > I’m wondering how much it will affect the original games and novels. I haven’t been too much into the EU since there is a lot of material (stories and characters) that frankly doesn’t interest me at all. But at the same time, I’m curious at taking a look at this book once it’s released.
>
>
> Eh, not by much. I think it will mostly just give us more info of the lore that the games haven’t told us. Like the Forerunners and The Fall of Reach. It will probably fill gaps as well between stories like with Halo New Blood.

So I think I can pass on it. I am not interested in certain things being over-explained into oblivion, until no mystery remains, nor to see 343i trying to put their mark on all of the old stuff.

Honestly it would be nice to have things like “Halo Reach” and “The fall of Reach” explained so they work together.

> 2533274961614682;12:
> Honestly it would be nice to have things like “Halo Reach” and “The fall of Reach” explained so they work together.

That’s not going to be an easy fix!
Before anyone can blame 343i for that, that was done under Bungie. Not that there’s much difference in terms of the creative minds at work…
I don’t know how they even let the final few missions of Halo: Reach roll out the way they did considering the book… Still a fun game all up, but that was a terrible idea.

> 2533274851997977;13:
> > 2533274961614682;12:
> > Honestly it would be nice to have things like “Halo Reach” and “The fall of Reach” explained so they work together.
>
>
> That’s not going to be an easy fix!
> Before anyone can blame 343i for that, that was done under Bungie. Not that there’s much difference in terms of the creative minds at work…
> I don’t know how they even let the final few missions of Halo: Reach roll out the way they did considering the book… Still a fun game all up, but that was a terrible idea.

Reach’s announcement imagine = Excitement and theroies of finally playing as Blue Team. Oh man that hype train then…

Reach’s actually story = Sh…crapped on the over all Halo’s original Fall of Reach story. Felt like Bungie’s middlefinger to Microsoft.

> 2533274805830926;14:
> > 2533274851997977;13:
> > > 2533274961614682;12:
> > > Honestly it would be nice to have things like “Halo Reach” and “The fall of Reach” explained so they work together.
> >
> >
> > That’s not going to be an easy fix!
> > Before anyone can blame 343i for that, that was done under Bungie. Not that there’s much difference in terms of the creative minds at work…
> > I don’t know how they even let the final few missions of Halo: Reach roll out the way they did considering the book… Still a fun game all up, but that was a terrible idea.
>
>
> Reach’s announcement imagine = Excitement and theroies of finally playing as Blue Team. Oh man that hype train then…
>
> Reach’s actually story = Sh…crapped on the over all Halo’s original Fall of Reach story. Felt like Bungie’s middlefinger to Microsoft.

More like a middle finger to the fans.

> 2533274961614682;12:
> Honestly it would be nice to have things like “Halo Reach” and “The fall of Reach” explained so they work together.

Here.

> 2533274961614682;12:

They already do work together with some additions to the universe in the last couple years. Hopefully this book makes that known to a wider audience

> 2533274851997977;13:
> > 2533274961614682;12:
> > Honestly it would be nice to have things like “Halo Reach” and “The fall of Reach” explained so they work together.
>
>
> That’s not going to be an easy fix!
> Before anyone can blame 343i for that, that was done under Bungie. Not that there’s much difference in terms of the creative minds at work…
> I don’t know how they even let the final few missions of Halo: Reach roll out the way they did considering the book… Still a fun game all up, but that was a terrible idea.

It is an easy fix. Hell, it was already fixed. How hard is this for people to understand