Have they somehow ruined H3 BC, too?

Has 343i somehow messed up the released of H3 in backwards compatibility? I have latency on EVERYTHING I do online. Everything. Picking up weapons, giving/receiving damage, throwing grenades, melee registration, entering/exiting vehicles, etc.

This isn’t your run-of-the-mill lag, either. I’ve never experience this sort of latentcy on the real H3, nor MCC. I’m thinking there may be some latentcy issues with people on the Xbox One connecting with those on the 360.

It’s not like 343i had YEARS to prepare for this, huh? Well, I shouldn’t be surprised; all they care about is their precious Reclaimer trilogy.

I thought it was just me and my crapy internet. But it will probably be fixed.

Hm, interesting. I’ve had no issues of that sort at all. Everything has been running smoothly for me. Maybe try uninstalling and then reinstalling the disc. Only suggestion I can think of.

I can try it.

I’m having no issues. Remember h3 relies on hosts instead of dedicated servers so if you are a significant distance from the host you will have some amount of latency.

343 don’t work on the backwards compatible titles, that’s the responsibility of the BC team over at Xbox

What I’ve quoted I honestly agree with, the amount of times I’ve actually gotten the worst lag from this, Halo 4 runs smooth which I’m confused, and i remember Halo 3 Running smooth on the 360 as well

> I’m thinking there may be some latentcy issues with people on the Xbox One connecting with those on the 360.

Like r3sPaWn3d said, there’s no dedicated servers. If you’re in Australia and try to hook up with a player in the US good luck with that… Lag city. It also depends on the quality of the host’s ISP.

Every match for the most part is super laggy. And an even bigger issue I’m having is input lag. Everywhere that I aim feels super heavy. Like I’m moving the right stick and my Spartan does it super late. So I’m missing crucial shots and over and under aiming where I need to be aiming. I don’t like that. I’d really like to just have a Halo game that works that doesn’t have to have some dire issue like MCC shot registration, Halo 3 backwards input lag, or Halo 5 developer incompetence. Why is this so hard to ask for?

> 2535445598811616;9:
> Every match for the most part is super laggy. And an even bigger issue I’m having is input lag. Everywhere that I aim feels super heavy. Like I’m moving the right stick and my Spartan does it super late. So I’m missing crucial shots and over and under aiming where I need to be aiming. I don’t like that. I’d really like to just have a Halo game that works that doesn’t have to have some dire issue like MCC shot registration, Halo 3 backwards input lag, or Halo 5 developer incompetence. Why is this so hard to ask for?

When was the last time you played Halo 3? This is how the game has been for years. It’s not the back compat team’s responsibility to implement huge engine overhauls to a dated game. The game functions the same as it did back in 2007, or 2010, or whenever you played it last. I’m sure people will get re-acquainted with 360 H3 soon enough after un-learning MCC H3’s projectile registration and re-adapting to 30fps. Regardless, players should already understand what they’re getting into.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274802196303;10:
> > 2535445598811616;9:
> > Every match for the most part is super laggy. And an even bigger issue I’m having is input lag. Everywhere that I aim feels super heavy. Like I’m moving the right stick and my Spartan does it super late. So I’m missing crucial shots and over and under aiming where I need to be aiming. I don’t like that. I’d really like to just have a Halo game that works that doesn’t have to have some dire issue like MCC shot registration, Halo 3 backwards input lag, or Halo 5 developer incompetence. Why is this so hard to ask for?
>
> When was the last time you played Halo 3? This is how the game has been for years. It’s not the back compat team’s responsibility to implement huge engine overhauls to a dated game. The game functions the same as it did back in 2007, or 2010, or whenever you played it last. I’m sure people will get re-acquainted with 360 H3 soon enough after un-learning MCC H3’s projectile registration and re-adapting to 30fps. Regardless, players should already understand what they’re getting into.

No, Genius, I play on 360. It doesn’t play the way it plays on BC. It is sluggish and aggravating when trying to aim. There is a physical problem with the implementation. I did understand what I was getting into. I was going to have more people playing Halo 3 on a properly running version of the game. But now crap like input lag will leave yet another bad taste in their mouths. I expect things to work, that’s not a lot to ask for. It drives me nuts when there’s a problem and someone on this forum has to find some overly simplistic, easily thought of excuse for crap. You’re no better than a tech support guy in Indiana asking me if I tried to restart my system. Yes! Obviously I tried that. Nobody has come to this point without having tested the problem. This is an issue in a game that inherently relies on your fast reaction to flourish and obtain victory. It’s a shooter, so logically speaking- the shooting mechanics should work right. If you don’t see the problem, then you simply did not play Halo 3 enough to know exactly how the game is supposed to feel in your hands. It’s the same crap that the loons in the MCC forum do. Like a bunch of -Yoink!- deniers screaming about “Oh, the game works for me” “There’s no shot registration issues. Halo 3 was always like this. Duuur.” Yeah, I totally remember shooting people and them dying in a minimum of 7 shots while jumping because the bullets hit and their shields didn’t activate. Halo 3 had some blooding issues. But at least the shields activated unlike MCC. 4’s exist on Halo 360. 7’s on MCC. Brain power, people.

I’m usually the first one to yell at 343I. However I haven’t encountered any issues yet. Remember the game is peer-to-peer and the servers are now a decade old. It’s honestly incredible that it’s still up and running.

> 2535445598811616;11:
> > 2533274802196303;10:
> > > 2535445598811616;9:
> > > Every match for the most part is super laggy. And an even bigger issue I’m having is input lag. Everywhere that I aim feels super heavy. Like I’m moving the right stick and my Spartan does it super late. So I’m missing crucial shots and over and under aiming where I need to be aiming. I don’t like that. I’d really like to just have a Halo game that works that doesn’t have to have some dire issue like MCC shot registration, Halo 3 backwards input lag, or Halo 5 developer incompetence. Why is this so hard to ask for?
> >
> > When was the last time you played Halo 3? This is how the game has been for years. It’s not the back compat team’s responsibility to implement huge engine overhauls to a dated game. The game functions the same as it did back in 2007, or 2010, or whenever you played it last. I’m sure people will get re-acquainted with 360 H3 soon enough after un-learning MCC H3’s projectile registration and re-adapting to 30fps. Regardless, players should already understand what they’re getting into.
>
> No, Genius, I play on 360. It doesn’t play the way it plays on BC. It is sluggish and aggravating when trying to aim. There is a physical problem with the implementation. I did understand what I was getting into. I was going to have more people playing Halo 3 on a properly running version of the game. But now crap like input lag will leave yet another bad taste in their mouths. I expect things to work, that’s not a lot to ask for. It drives me nuts when there’s a problem and someone on this forum has to find some overly simplistic, easily thought of excuse for crap. You’re no better than a tech support guy in Indiana asking me if I tried to restart my system. Yes! Obviously I tried that. Nobody has come to this point without having tested the problem. This is an issue in a game that inherently relies on your fast reaction to flourish and obtain victory. It’s a shooter, so logically speaking- the shooting mechanics should work right. If you don’t see the problem, then you simply did not play Halo 3 enough to know exactly how the game is supposed to feel in your hands. It’s the same crap that the loons in the MCC forum do. Like a bunch of -Yoink!- deniers screaming about “Oh, the game works for me” “There’s no shot registration issues. Halo 3 was always like this. Duuur.” Yeah, I totally remember shooting people and them dying in a minimum of 7 shots while jumping because the bullets hit and their shields didn’t activate. Halo 3 had some blooding issues. But at least the shields activated unlike MCC. 4’s exist on Halo 360. 7’s on MCC. Brain power, people.

I played 360 Halo 3 in it’s dormant state for years. Also played on 360 in the weeks leading up to the BC launch, even days prior to it. Never experienced any of the issues on the Xbone you claim to be experiencing. Played ranked games where the connection was also split between 5 different countries and 3 different continents on both consoles, too. Trust me when I say it’s not BC.

Sounds like I could be the tech support bloke myself.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.</mark>

> 2533274802196303;13:
> > 2535445598811616;11:
> > > 2533274802196303;10:
> > > > 2535445598811616;9:
> > > > Every match for the most part is super laggy. And an even bigger issue I’m having is input lag. Everywhere that I aim feels super heavy. Like I’m moving the right stick and my Spartan does it super late. So I’m missing crucial shots and over and under aiming where I need to be aiming. I don’t like that. I’d really like to just have a Halo game that works that doesn’t have to have some dire issue like MCC shot registration, Halo 3 backwards input lag, or Halo 5 developer incompetence. Why is this so hard to ask for?
> > >
> > > When was the last time you played Halo 3? This is how the game has been for years. It’s not the back compat team’s responsibility to implement huge engine overhauls to a dated game. The game functions the same as it did back in 2007, or 2010, or whenever you played it last. I’m sure people will get re-acquainted with 360 H3 soon enough after un-learning MCC H3’s projectile registration and re-adapting to 30fps. Regardless, players should already understand what they’re getting into.
> >
> > No, Genius, I play on 360. It doesn’t play the way it plays on BC. It is sluggish and aggravating when trying to aim. There is a physical problem with the implementation. I did understand what I was getting into. I was going to have more people playing Halo 3 on a properly running version of the game. But now crap like input lag will leave yet another bad taste in their mouths. I expect things to work, that’s not a lot to ask for. It drives me nuts when there’s a problem and someone on this forum has to find some overly simplistic, easily thought of excuse for crap. You’re no better than a tech support guy in Indiana asking me if I tried to restart my system. Yes! Obviously I tried that. Nobody has come to this point without having tested the problem. This is an issue in a game that inherently relies on your fast reaction to flourish and obtain victory. It’s a shooter, so logically speaking- the shooting mechanics should work right. If you don’t see the problem, then you simply did not play Halo 3 enough to know exactly how the game is supposed to feel in your hands. It’s the same crap that the loons in the MCC forum do. Like a bunch of -Yoink!- deniers screaming about “Oh, the game works for me” “There’s no shot registration issues. Halo 3 was always like this. Duuur.” Yeah, I totally remember shooting people and them dying in a minimum of 7 shots while jumping because the bullets hit and their shields didn’t activate. Halo 3 had some blooding issues. But at least the shields activated unlike MCC. 4’s exist on Halo 360. 7’s on MCC. Brain power, people.
>
> I played 360 Halo 3 in it’s dormant state for years. Also played on 360 in the weeks leading up to the BC launch, even days prior to it. Never experienced any of the issues on the Xbone you claim to be experiencing. Played ranked games where the connection was also split between 5 different countries and 3 different continents on both consoles, too. Trust me when I say it’s not BC.
>
> Sounds like I could be the tech support bloke myself.

No. The game was not always like this. It is a problem with backwards. Just like Reach. The BC team needs to get it together because the implementation is a mess. I’m not the only person who has had this issue. The aiming is heavy compared to the way it plays on 360. You either magically got a better deal than us, or you simply don’t feel it or refuse to. But it’s there. You’re talking about 5 way connections, and I’m talking about the sluggish feeling when turning and aiming. Classic deflect on the forum. rolls eyes

> 2535445598811616;14:
> > 2533274802196303;13:
> > > 2535445598811616;11:
> > > > 2533274802196303;10:
> > > > > 2535445598811616;9:
> > > > > Every match for the most part is super laggy. And an even bigger issue I’m having is input lag. Everywhere that I aim feels super heavy. Like I’m moving the right stick and my Spartan does it super late. So I’m missing crucial shots and over and under aiming where I need to be aiming. I don’t like that. I’d really like to just have a Halo game that works that doesn’t have to have some dire issue like MCC shot registration, Halo 3 backwards input lag, or Halo 5 developer incompetence. Why is this so hard to ask for?
> > > >
> > > > When was the last time you played Halo 3? This is how the game has been for years. It’s not the back compat team’s responsibility to implement huge engine overhauls to a dated game. The game functions the same as it did back in 2007, or 2010, or whenever you played it last. I’m sure people will get re-acquainted with 360 H3 soon enough after un-learning MCC H3’s projectile registration and re-adapting to 30fps. Regardless, players should already understand what they’re getting into.
> > >
> > > No, Genius, I play on 360. It doesn’t play the way it plays on BC. It is sluggish and aggravating when trying to aim. There is a physical problem with the implementation. I did understand what I was getting into. I was going to have more people playing Halo 3 on a properly running version of the game. But now crap like input lag will leave yet another bad taste in their mouths. I expect things to work, that’s not a lot to ask for. It drives me nuts when there’s a problem and someone on this forum has to find some overly simplistic, easily thought of excuse for crap. You’re no better than a tech support guy in Indiana asking me if I tried to restart my system. Yes! Obviously I tried that. Nobody has come to this point without having tested the problem. This is an issue in a game that inherently relies on your fast reaction to flourish and obtain victory. It’s a shooter, so logically speaking- the shooting mechanics should work right. If you don’t see the problem, then you simply did not play Halo 3 enough to know exactly how the game is supposed to feel in your hands. It’s the same crap that the loons in the MCC forum do. Like a bunch of -Yoink!- deniers screaming about “Oh, the game works for me” “There’s no shot registration issues. Halo 3 was always like this. Duuur.” Yeah, I totally remember shooting people and them dying in a minimum of 7 shots while jumping because the bullets hit and their shields didn’t activate. Halo 3 had some blooding issues. But at least the shields activated unlike MCC. 4’s exist on Halo 360. 7’s on MCC. Brain power, people.
> >
> > I played 360 Halo 3 in it’s dormant state for years. Also played on 360 in the weeks leading up to the BC launch, even days prior to it. Never experienced any of the issues on the Xbone you claim to be experiencing. Played ranked games where the connection was also split between 5 different countries and 3 different continents on both consoles, too. Trust me when I say it’s not BC.
> >
> > Sounds like I could be the tech support bloke myself.
>
> No. The game was not always like this. It is a problem with backwards. Just like Reach. The BC team needs to get it together because the implementation is a mess. I’m not the only person who has had this issue. The aiming is heavy compared to the way it plays on 360. You either magically got a better deal than us, or you simply don’t feel it or refuse to. But it’s there. You’re talking about 5 way connections, and I’m talking about the sluggish feeling when turning and aiming. Classic deflect on the forum. rolls eyes

It must be just you because former H3 pros, current H5 pros and other known MCC streamers are searching in the MLG playlist again. I’m sure the H5 guys will bug out sooner or later, but I think MCC Hardcore regulars (who were mostly MLG 50s to begin with) are here to stay. Time will tell, of course. I don’t know what else to say to reassure you. Assuming everyone in a game is from NA and aren’t playing from a corn field, I don’t have a problem hitting 4 shots and I don’t play against potatoes.

I noticed Reach BC had issues with framerate and other visual quality bugs when I first installed it. I’m sure there were other issues at launch but I didn’t pay attention/care and I uninstalled after a few days. Regardless, I’d assume the BC team took data from the rugged Reach launch and applied what they learned this time around with H3.

Jedi Master, Sith Lord, or Time Warner Cable Tech Support Hotline? The world may never know.

> 2533274802196303;15:
> > 2535445598811616;14:
> > > 2533274802196303;13:
> > > > 2535445598811616;11:
> > > > > 2533274802196303;10:
> > > > > > 2535445598811616;9:
> > > > > > Every match for the most part is super laggy. And an even bigger issue I’m having is input lag. Everywhere that I aim feels super heavy. Like I’m moving the right stick and my Spartan does it super late. So I’m missing crucial shots and over and under aiming where I need to be aiming. I don’t like that. I’d really like to just have a Halo game that works that doesn’t have to have some dire issue like MCC shot registration, Halo 3 backwards input lag, or Halo 5 developer incompetence. Why is this so hard to ask for?
> > > > >
> > > > > When was the last time you played Halo 3? This is how the game has been for years. It’s not the back compat team’s responsibility to implement huge engine overhauls to a dated game. The game functions the same as it did back in 2007, or 2010, or whenever you played it last. I’m sure people will get re-acquainted with 360 H3 soon enough after un-learning MCC H3’s projectile registration and re-adapting to 30fps. Regardless, players should already understand what they’re getting into.
> > > >
> > > > No, Genius, I play on 360. It doesn’t play the way it plays on BC. It is sluggish and aggravating when trying to aim. There is a physical problem with the implementation. I did understand what I was getting into. I was going to have more people playing Halo 3 on a properly running version of the game. But now crap like input lag will leave yet another bad taste in their mouths. I expect things to work, that’s not a lot to ask for. It drives me nuts when there’s a problem and someone on this forum has to find some overly simplistic, easily thought of excuse for crap. You’re no better than a tech support guy in Indiana asking me if I tried to restart my system. Yes! Obviously I tried that. Nobody has come to this point without having tested the problem. This is an issue in a game that inherently relies on your fast reaction to flourish and obtain victory. It’s a shooter, so logically speaking- the shooting mechanics should work right. If you don’t see the problem, then you simply did not play Halo 3 enough to know exactly how the game is supposed to feel in your hands. It’s the same crap that the loons in the MCC forum do. Like a bunch of -Yoink!- deniers screaming about “Oh, the game works for me” “There’s no shot registration issues. Halo 3 was always like this. Duuur.” Yeah, I totally remember shooting people and them dying in a minimum of 7 shots while jumping because the bullets hit and their shields didn’t activate. Halo 3 had some blooding issues. But at least the shields activated unlike MCC. 4’s exist on Halo 360. 7’s on MCC. Brain power, people.
> > >
> > > I played 360 Halo 3 in it’s dormant state for years. Also played on 360 in the weeks leading up to the BC launch, even days prior to it. Never experienced any of the issues on the Xbone you claim to be experiencing. Played ranked games where the connection was also split between 5 different countries and 3 different continents on both consoles, too. Trust me when I say it’s not BC.
> > >
> > > Sounds like I could be the tech support bloke myself.
> >
> > No. The game was not always like this. It is a problem with backwards. Just like Reach. The BC team needs to get it together because the implementation is a mess. I’m not the only person who has had this issue. The aiming is heavy compared to the way it plays on 360. You either magically got a better deal than us, or you simply don’t feel it or refuse to. But it’s there. You’re talking about 5 way connections, and I’m talking about the sluggish feeling when turning and aiming. Classic deflect on the forum. rolls eyes
>
> It must be just you because former H3 pros, current H5 pros and other known MCC streamers are searching in the MLG playlist again. I’m sure the H5 guys will bug out sooner or later, but I think MCC Hardcore regulars (who were mostly MLG 50s to begin with) are here to stay. Time will tell, of course. I don’t know what else to say to reassure you. Assuming everyone in a game is from NA and aren’t playing from a corn field, I don’t have a problem hitting 4 shots and I don’t play against potatoes.
>
> I noticed Reach BC had issues with framerate and other visual quality bugs when I first installed it. I’m sure there were other issues at launch but I didn’t pay attention/care and I uninstalled after a few days. Regardless, I’d assume the BC team took data from the rugged Reach launch and applied what they learned this time around with H3.
>
> Jedi Master, Sith Lord, or Time Warner Cable Tech Support Hotline? The world may never know.

I have literally zero idea how any of the top paragraph relates to what I’m talking about, but okay. I’m talking about an input lag and hard stops when aiming, and you’re talking about MLG players. Who cares that they’re playing the game. This is a legit issue. I can 4 as well. But that doesn’t mean the aiming isn’t off.

> 2535445598811616;16:
> > 2533274802196303;15:
> > > 2535445598811616;14:
> > > > 2533274802196303;13:
> > > > > 2535445598811616;11:
> > > > > > 2533274802196303;10:
> > > > > > > 2535445598811616;9:
> > > > > > > Every match for the most part is super laggy. And an even bigger issue I’m having is input lag. Everywhere that I aim feels super heavy. Like I’m moving the right stick and my Spartan does it super late. So I’m missing crucial shots and over and under aiming where I need to be aiming. I don’t like that. I’d really like to just have a Halo game that works that doesn’t have to have some dire issue like MCC shot registration, Halo 3 backwards input lag, or Halo 5 developer incompetence. Why is this so hard to ask for?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > When was the last time you played Halo 3? This is how the game has been for years. It’s not the back compat team’s responsibility to implement huge engine overhauls to a dated game. The game functions the same as it did back in 2007, or 2010, or whenever you played it last. I’m sure people will get re-acquainted with 360 H3 soon enough after un-learning MCC H3’s projectile registration and re-adapting to 30fps. Regardless, players should already understand what they’re getting into.
> > > > >
> > > > > No, Genius, I play on 360. It doesn’t play the way it plays on BC. It is sluggish and aggravating when trying to aim. There is a physical problem with the implementation. I did understand what I was getting into. I was going to have more people playing Halo 3 on a properly running version of the game. But now crap like input lag will leave yet another bad taste in their mouths. I expect things to work, that’s not a lot to ask for. It drives me nuts when there’s a problem and someone on this forum has to find some overly simplistic, easily thought of excuse for crap. You’re no better than a tech support guy in Indiana asking me if I tried to restart my system. Yes! Obviously I tried that. Nobody has come to this point without having tested the problem. This is an issue in a game that inherently relies on your fast reaction to flourish and obtain victory. It’s a shooter, so logically speaking- the shooting mechanics should work right. If you don’t see the problem, then you simply did not play Halo 3 enough to know exactly how the game is supposed to feel in your hands. It’s the same crap that the loons in the MCC forum do. Like a bunch of -Yoink!- deniers screaming about “Oh, the game works for me” “There’s no shot registration issues. Halo 3 was always like this. Duuur.” Yeah, I totally remember shooting people and them dying in a minimum of 7 shots while jumping because the bullets hit and their shields didn’t activate. Halo 3 had some blooding issues. But at least the shields activated unlike MCC. 4’s exist on Halo 360. 7’s on MCC. Brain power, people.
> > > >
> > > > I played 360 Halo 3 in it’s dormant state for years. Also played on 360 in the weeks leading up to the BC launch, even days prior to it. Never experienced any of the issues on the Xbone you claim to be experiencing. Played ranked games where the connection was also split between 5 different countries and 3 different continents on both consoles, too. Trust me when I say it’s not BC.
> > > >
> > > > Sounds like I could be the tech support bloke myself.
> > >
> > > No. The game was not always like this. It is a problem with backwards. Just like Reach. The BC team needs to get it together because the implementation is a mess. I’m not the only person who has had this issue. The aiming is heavy compared to the way it plays on 360. You either magically got a better deal than us, or you simply don’t feel it or refuse to. But it’s there. You’re talking about 5 way connections, and I’m talking about the sluggish feeling when turning and aiming. Classic deflect on the forum. rolls eyes
> >
> > It must be just you because former H3 pros, current H5 pros and other known MCC streamers are searching in the MLG playlist again. I’m sure the H5 guys will bug out sooner or later, but I think MCC Hardcore regulars (who were mostly MLG 50s to begin with) are here to stay. Time will tell, of course. I don’t know what else to say to reassure you. Assuming everyone in a game is from NA and aren’t playing from a corn field, I don’t have a problem hitting 4 shots and I don’t play against potatoes.
> >
> > I noticed Reach BC had issues with framerate and other visual quality bugs when I first installed it. I’m sure there were other issues at launch but I didn’t pay attention/care and I uninstalled after a few days. Regardless, I’d assume the BC team took data from the rugged Reach launch and applied what they learned this time around with H3.
> >
> > Jedi Master, Sith Lord, or Time Warner Cable Tech Support Hotline? The world may never know.
>
> I have literally zero idea how any of the top paragraph relates to what I’m talking about, but okay. I’m talking about an input lag and hard stops when aiming, and you’re talking about MLG players. Who cares that they’re playing the game. This is a legit issue. I can 4 as well. But that doesn’t mean the aiming isn’t off.

Your issue is either blown out of proportion or flat out non-existent. I’m not saying you’re lying, but more that you’re misunderstood. I’m telling you I don’t notice these issues based on my thorough experience of playing the game on both platforms on a very recent timetable. Look at my record (which isn’t modded and 100% legitimate) and you’ll see that I’ve been around the block on H3. None of my friends have these complaints either.

My point of notable players returning to the game and staying speaks volumes; if they’re willing to stay with the game, then the BC team must have done something right. As I said before, time will tell. But players departing from the game after a couple of weeks will probably be from boredom or other miscellaneous reasons rather than frustration with “input lag” or “hard stops when aiming”.

In a condescending manner, you keep mocking me by saying I’m not experienced and that I’m blindly defending the devs, when that’s far from the truth. I hardly agree with any of the choices 343i makes as a studio, but it gets old hearing the same old regurgitated arguments from the anti-343i bandwaggon. I’m all for raising awareness, but using 343i as a scapegoat is not raising awareness, but just beating a dead horse.