Have the UNSC known of the Ancient Evil?

D you think that the UNSC has found about the Ancient Evil before Master Chief is awakened?

probably not. However, it is possible that some group from the UNSC did stumble upon the enemy but for whatever reason could not warn the rest of humanity kind of like how the spirit of fire encountered the flood but the entire UNSC was only aware of it after chief came back from Installation 04

I personally don’t think so, since it seems that the Ancient Evil will come from Requiem, possibly locked inside of it. However, I guess we’ll see when Halo 4 ships!

> I personally don’t think so, since it seems that the Ancient Evil will come from Requiem, possibly locked inside of it. However, I guess we’ll see when Halo 4 ships!

And since the ancient evil is most likely on Requim, than that would mean in order to know about it they’d have to go into Requim. That said they would have notice the Forward Unto Dawn floating by the entrance and would have been like “oh hey that looks familiar” and they would have searched the vessel (most likely) and found Chief. And we know that’s not the case since the “covenant” wake up chief.

Primordium spoiler it seems they know the story of primordium and cryptum