Have the flood been eradicated?

So, if memory serves…I heard someone saying that Frankie said that the flood had been eradicated. Is this true?

No, there is still some Flood forms on the remaining Halo Installations. Also the Precursors have been preparing them for our test for the Mantle.

They could be in other Forerunner Stations as well. The station on Threshold(Halo 2, and 11th Halo CEA terminal) had Flood in it.

As others have said,.most likely done contained on other Halo rings, it’s also speculated they came from outside or galaxy, so who knows what’s out there

I wouldn’t be surprised if there were more situations similar to Installation 05 and the Halo Wars shield world, where the Flood has already been released and infested the installation.

The Primordial already told us that the flood has been amassing outside the galaxy for about 100,000 years now, preparing to attack humans.

> The Primordial already told us that the flood has been amassing outside the galaxy for about 100,000 years now, preparing to attack humans.

That’s crazy, I had no idea. Which book was this in?

> > The Primordial already told us that the flood has been amassing outside the galaxy for about 100,000 years now, preparing to attack humans.
>
> That’s crazy, I had no idea. Which book was this in?

Halo Primordium. That book also says there should be at least 10 Graveminds locked up on Installation 07. Unless something happened to them in the last 100,000 years.

> > > The Primordial already told us that the flood has been amassing outside the galaxy for about 100,000 years now, preparing to attack humans.
> >
> > That’s crazy, I had no idea. Which book was this in?
>
> Halo Primordium. That book also says there should be at least 10 Graveminds locked up on Installation 07. Unless something happened to them in the last 100,000 years.

Ten Graveminds? Jeez. And at the very least too.

That’s terrifying just thinking about what a single one managed to pull off in the latter part of the Human-Covenant war.

Also, didn’t ONI do a quick examination of 07?

> Also, didn’t ONI do a quick examination of 07?

We only know that the infinity found Instillation 03, although given that the installations would be evenly spaced based off of there range and assuming they all have the same range O.N.I wouldn’t have to much trouble finding the rest after the first 3.

> > > > The Primordial already told us that the flood has been amassing outside the galaxy for about 100,000 years now, preparing to attack humans.
> > >
> > > That’s crazy, I had no idea. Which book was this in?
> >
> > Halo Primordium. That book also says there should be at least 10 Graveminds locked up on Installation 07. Unless something happened to them in the last 100,000 years.
>
> Ten Graveminds? Jeez. And at the very least too.
>
> That’s terrifying just thinking about what a single one managed to pull off in the latter part of the Human-Covenant war.
>
> Also, didn’t ONI do a quick examination of 07?

The one of the 10 that was encountered in the book was pretty wimpy (as in, closer to the protogravemind from halo 1). Its possible that the larger gravemind found on installation 05 was an amalgamation of smaller ones.

I wish they were gone…

But no doubt they will return, there origin is outside of galaxy so even if the contained specimens locked up on the installations aren’t set free, there is the chance the flood will just come from outside the galaxy again and test humanity for the right to the mantle.

Cheers