Have the confirmed they BETA resolution?

just wondering if they have confirmed what it will run at, like destiny was 720 or so before getting put up to 1080 on xbox one. just curious to know the beta’s as the trailer just says 60 FPS

Destiny was also designed cross-platform.

I get the feeling Halo 5 will be 1080p given the MCC was and loved to promote it. It’d sound like a downgrade if they did otherwise. I have no confirmation though.

I’m kind of curious myself. Though it isn’t a big deal to me, I do like to keep up with things and I’ve been out of the loop for too long

It will be OK with anything 720P or better since most people can’t see the differences beyond 720P

The beta could possibly be 720p but I’m sure the finished game would be 1080p given the promotions for the MCC. I’m ok with less textural detail and less particle effects if it means a higher resolution that reduces “jaggies” as they say. I hate jaggies.

I don’t know about 1080p but it’ll definitely be 60fps

Normally, it should be in 1080 p, after it knows the Xbox One…

I just want 1080p, the frames don’t make such a difference in Halo as it would to say a third person game like GTA etc.

They’ve constantly said 60fps, but not 1080p. I’m thinking it’s resolution will be similar to Halo 2 Anniversary campaign. Maybe 1080p as they wont be running two games at the same time.

> 2533274844635278;5:
> I’m ok with less textural detail and less particle effects if it means a higher resolution that reduces “jaggies” as they say. I hate jaggies.

Jaggies… I like it! Always wanted a word for that…

I think Guardians should be truly next gen. 1080p, 60 fps. This is a statement game. So make a statement, right?

I HATE JAGGIES also, man GTA 5 was so bad for them xD, but either way halo4 looked -Yoinking!- fantastic if they make this look like that i’'d be fine. anything over is a bonus.

It would have to be 1080p, 60fps it wouldn’t make any sense whatsoever to downgrade.

> 2533274809169058;1:
> just wondering if they have confirmed what it will run at, like destiny was 720 or so before getting put up to 1080 on xbox one. just curious to know the beta’s as the trailer just says 60 FPS

its a beta, not a trial or demo, you will get what you are given and the finished game should be better

Destiny beta was 900p on Xbox One and to be honest it wasn’t this giant improvement when it got to the Xbox One. I’m fine with 900p at 60 fps because we already know the game will be gorgeous. Look at screenshots there is literally the smallest of differences, especially after upscaling.

This shouldn’t even really matter as it will be the beta build. Personally I don’t care as long as the game looks good. I couldn’t care less about the games having to run in 1080p 60fps as long as they are fun.

my real question is why do we only have 30 fps and 60 fps? Why aren’t games running at like 42-48 fps? There’s all this wiggle room so why are we arbitrarily stuck at either 30 or 60 fps and 900p or 1080p.

> 2533274831961512;14:
> my real question is why do we only have 30 fps and 60 fps? Why aren’t games running at like 42-48 fps? There’s all this wiggle room so why are we arbitrarily stuck at either 30 or 60 fps and 900p or 1080p.

It’s because of how modern displays work. They refresh the picture at a rate of 60 Hz from top to bottom. That is, it takes 16.67… ms to draw the image from top to bottom of the screen. If it takes longer than 16.67 ms from the console to draw the image, the display will take whatever the console has to give after 16.67 ms, which is most of the new frame, but a part of the old frame in place of what the console didn’t have time to draw. You end up with artifacts called screen tearing.

At 60 fps, every frame is drawn normally, and at 30 fps, every frame is just drawn twice, so you have no tearing. At any intermediate frame rate however, you end up with tearing artifacts which are not pleasant to look at. So, every frame rate but 30 and 60 fps is out of the question.