have people always complained?

Some claims on Halo four’s faults are legitimate. There are issues with core gameplay mechanics, but the game is still very playable and fun with friends.

I see on the forums a lot now that people are going back to Reach in favor of that match making system. However I seem to recall just a few months ago, people complaining about how awful Reach was and that they were going back to Halo 3. In Halo 3 people jumped ship for 2.

It’s almost (in a sad way) comical. I have loved all halo games and have clocked a considerable amount of time in every one.

But it seems like no matter which halo it is, people always complain about how awful it was compared to the previous.

Does anyone agree with me? I’m curious about people opinions.

N.B: Halo 4, 3, 2, CE, Reach and ODST all have their faults. I intended this thread to be more about peoples nack for complaining.

nothing is perfect,
343i can’t please everyone

and some people can’t seem to put their heads around that

it’s good to point out the flaws of something you like, that’s a good thing
but you don’t need to just bash it, that won’t do anything

people are always saying that the new Halo is worse than the old one
always

I’m tired of seeing “Everyone complained about the last Halo game, but then they praise it when a new game comes out”.

I never complained about Halo 2, Halo 3, or even Halo Reach. It’s a faulty argument.

Just because some people did, doesn’t mean everyone did.

> and some people can’t seem to put their heads around that

Some people can’t put their head around the fact it isn’t hard or unrealistic to keep the same gametypes and game options that have been in every or most Halo games prior to this one.

Where is race, juggernaut, infection, etc? No excuse.

> I’m tired of seeing “Everyone complained about the last Halo game, but then they praise it when a new game comes out”.
>
> I never complained about Halo 2, Halo 3, or even Halo Reach. It’s a faulty argument.
>
> Just because some people did, doesn’t mean everyone did.
>
>
>
> > and some people can’t seem to put their heads around that
>
> Some people can’t put their head around the fact it isn’t hard or unrealistic to keep the same gametypes and game options that have been in every or most Halo games prior to this one.
>
> Where is race, juggernaut, infection, etc? No excuse.

Can someone please inform of how different Flood is from Infection that everybody complains about it. It feels pretty much the exact same to me.

> Can someone please inform of how different Flood is from Infection that everybody complains about it. It feels pretty much the exact same to me.

the Flood can’t pick up weapons in custom games

that’s a pretty big issue considering that lots of custom infection games revolve around the infected holding weapons

Yes, there have always been complaints as long as the games have been around. Any speculation as to the prevalence of said complaints is pointless conjecture.

People will always whine and cry. Just ignore them.

Yes but it got a lot worse since the release of Reach.

this community hates change, pretty much the whole issue in a nut-shell.

whoever said it’s a broken agrument to say that people will look back on the previous game and praise it is wrong, it fits this community like a glove. I cannot believe the number of people referencing things in reach that halo 4 should pick up, as if reach was the gem in the franchise and the model we need to get back to.

armour abilities were scorned for months, now they’re fine, instead people hate sprint or the dmr.

mistakes were made, obviously there are legitimate things to complain about (custom options etc), but this community enjoys complaining.