Have Flag Carriers Use The Sidekick

You could hold a pistol while carrying a flag before. Why not bring that back?

2 Likes

which halo game let you do that? I don’t recall that in Halo 3

Halo 4 and 5, but it was an awful mechanic. Glad to see the back of it.

2 Likes

I’m glad it’s not in this game, that doesn’t sound fun

1 Like

In Halo 4 you could also see the enemy flag carrier at all times. Awful gametype.

1 Like

It was also in Reach I believe.

I really disagree with this take. Flag carriers should not be able to defend themselves, as that would make the objective way too easier, and it wouldn’t promote teamwork. I know teamwork is already lacking in Infinite’s MP, but this would worsen it imo

1 Like

Only in H4, but there you couldnt drop the flag. So the pistol was your only defense (for enemies not directly next to you). In every other halo (except 5 perhaps?) you could just drop the flag and fire with your normal weapons, so you could carry a power weapon to defend yourself then.

Nah it wasn’t in Reach.

I mean sure. Objective melees right now succcck.

Just drop the flag?
Drop it, win the fight with your team or 1v1 and then carry on.
I dont get what’s so hard about just dropping it tbh, I see so many people moan their team cant win a 3v4 all the time when the 4 obviously has a massive advantage. Use this tactic in oddball too

I straight up start smackin’. With or without teammates around. Works out okay in close quarters.

1 Like

That’s gonna be a no from me dawg

2 Likes

Yeah I was wrong. My memory was boggling with me or something.

1 Like

This was a bad feature. They tried it in Halo 4/5 and it made the carrier OP. They just need to return the objective melee to one hit kill.