Have 343i created a better Halo than Bungie?

So as we all know, Bungie are the progenitors of the Halo series, and have created five separate Halo games. My question is if 343’s own creation, the newly released Halo 4, is any better than one of Bungie’s games. In relation to aspects such as gameplay, design, storytelling and multiplayer, do you think that Halo 4 have out performed one of Bungie’s Halo titles? And do you now feel that Halo is in safe hands with 343i? Please discuss below.

CE > Halo 4.

Halo 2 < Halo 4.

Halo 3 < Halo 4.

Halo Reach = Halo 4.

ODST > Halo 4 (just by a bit).

Edit: The arrows are “greater than” or “less than” signs.

> Have 343i created a better Halo than Bungie?

ahahah. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA…AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHA
Im crying of laughter.

No.

I still think it’s to early to really tell if they 343i made a better game.

Halo 4 is better then H3 and Halo:Reach.

H2 is better then H4 by a small margin.

H:CE shouldn’t be compared. Too old now. Wouldn’t make sense to compare it.

we are gonna have to wait a month or 2 before we can tell…

CE > Halo 4.

Halo 2 < Halo 4.

Halo 3 < Halo 4.

Halo Reach = Halo 4.

ODST > Halo 4 (just by a bit).

Edit: The arrows are “greater than” or “less than” signs.

Second Edit: Sorry, didn’t read OP all the way through.

Yes, I think Halo is in good hands. I’m very excited for the next decade of Halo.

Honestly right now my answer is “we’ll see”. There are good gameplay elements but also some bad ones. I think it has potential for sure. Throw in a classic ranked hopper with visible 1-50 and a social hoper a la Halo 2/3 and ask me again. The answer would be yes in that case.

Campaign wise, it was better than Halo 2 and Reach. Not CE or 3. Great Campaign overall.
As far as competitive MP is concerned, 343i aren’t even close. I even preferred Reach.

The technology is gorgeous at least.

The franchise lore and storytelling is probably in good hands, as long as they don’t pull a Mass Effect 3 or anything like that (I know a few Bioware employess snuck their way in to 343i).

The MP better be more simplistic in Halo 5, as this attempt at creating depth by adding pseudo military FPS additions to the MP like killstreaks, JiP and instant respawn is distorting the franchise’s MP identity.

> > Have 343i created a better Halo than Bungie?
>
> ahahah. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA…AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHA
> Im crying of laughter.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> No.

I don’t know. I’ve seen a lot of people here claim that Halo 4 is better than Halo: Reach, if only marginally. I certainly think so.

Except for reach this is the worst halo game to date.

> I still think it’s to early to really tell if they 343i made a better game.

Halo 4 is already out, and most of us have played it…

no.

only thing they did better was graphics which mean nothing to me…soooooo…no.

campaign was a little sucky in my opinion. not bad, but not good either. id say the weakest of all Halos.

> CE > Halo 4.
>
> Halo 2 < Halo 4.
>
> Halo 3 < Halo 4.
>
> Halo Reach = Halo 4.
>
> ODST > Halo 4 (just by a bit).
>
> Edit: The arrows are “greater than” or “less than” signs.

so… ur saying that halo 4 is better then halo 2 and 3 but halo 4 is also as good a halo reach?

I think they made an admirable effort and as its their first try I will give them another chance (dlc/halo 5) to improve on certain mistakes. Let’s not forget Bungie had a few goes to perfect the formula.

I still will be awaiting Bungies next gen shooter, those guys are good :slight_smile:

> no.
>
> only thing they did better was graphics which mean nothing to me…soooooo…no.
>
> campaign was a little sucky in my opinion. not bad, but not good either. id say the weakest of all Halos.

I’d have to disagree, I think the Campaign was one of the very best I’ve played. To each their own, though!

> > CE > Halo 4.
> >
> > Halo 2 < Halo 4.
> >
> > Halo 3 < Halo 4.
> >
> > Halo Reach = Halo 4.
> >
> > ODST > Halo 4 (just by a bit).
> >
> > Edit: The arrows are “greater than” or “less than” signs.
>
> so… ur saying that halo 4 is better then halo 2 and 3 but halo 4 is also as good a halo reach?

In essence. Halo 3 was good, but I really liked Reach. And I thought Halo 2 was kind of… meh.

> > I still think it’s to early to really tell if they 343i made a better game.
>
> Halo 4 is already out, and most of us have played it…

… and so have I?

I love Halo 4 and i believe 343i put this franchise onto a path that was required to stay in the upper echelon of its genre.

also…there are Many former Bungie employees now employed with 343i…so alot of the same minds are putting their 2 cents into the mix.

> Halo 4 is already out, and most of us have played it…

Wrong, there is a possibility for changes. CSR is coming(what form we don’t know yet however) and changes will be made. It will take at least until then for it to be determined if it is better than any of bungie’s games.