Haunted Helmet?

With the addition of the Pilot Gen1 helmet, I was thinking that maybe there was an Easter egg which made the Pilot helmet look like the Haunted one from Reach. Even if that’s not the case, maybe there’s something more elaborate for unlocking it. Can anyone confirm?

Nope, not going to happen. And hopefully won’t happen.

Haunted Helmet was awarded to those who could grind over 100 days of firefight, or 150 days of multiplayer. (made up statistics) In other words, while I do love the Pilot helmet, I am against the idea of bringing in the Haunted Helmet. Mainly because

A.) We already have a helmet with a skull. Which is EVA

B.) This would just frustrate the lore even more, it's bad enough we already have pizza skins and cat skins. At least the Raider helmet says it's just a fun helmet Spartan's wear and that Timmy and Olive are labeled as "glitches" in the chamber. We don't need to add a helmet where your face is replaced with a literal skull. (Although if they do add it, they may as well cancel the lore of Arena/Warzone overall that way they can do anything they want.)

I forgot the MP was considered lore and thus needed to hold some type of realistic standard. That’s a bummer to be perfectly honest. I can’t say I’m disappointed that Haunted wouldn’t fit in this game though. I still wish there was some type of reward for achieving SR 152.

> 2533274865035542;2:
> Nope, not going to happen. And hopefully won’t happen.
>
> Haunted Helmet was awarded to those who could grind over 100 days of firefight, or 150 days of multiplayer. (made up statistics) In other words, while I do love the Pilot helmet, I am against the idea of bringing in the Haunted Helmet. Mainly because
>
> A.) We already have a helmet with a skull. Which is EVA
>
> ```c

B.) This would just frustrate the lore even more, it’s bad enough we already have pizza skins and cat skins. At least the Raider helmet says it’s just a fun helmet Spartan’s wear and that Timmy and Olive are labeled as “glitches” in the chamber. We don’t need to add a helmet where your face is replaced with a literal skull. (Although if they do add it, they may as well cancel the lore of Arena/Warzone overall that way they can do anything they want.)
[/quote]
Multiplayer shouldn’t be dictated by lore to begin with, it’s simply a place people go to play vs/with others. I don’t play it expecting a cannon reason why x is in or why x functions as it does, that’s what campaign is for.

We don’t even know if we’ll get the Haunted helmet. My guess is that it’ll come out on Halloween in the future.

Then again, it’s just personal speculation.

> 2533274865035542;2:
> Haunted Helmet was awarded to those who could grind over 100 days of firefight, or 150 days of multiplayer. (made up statistics) In other words, while I do love the Pilot helmet, I am against the idea of bringing in the Haunted Helmet. Mainly because

You bought the Haunted Helmet in Reach after reaching Inheritor. For the grand price of 1cR.

> 2533274829381386;3:
> I forgot the MP was considered lore and thus needed to hold some type of realistic standard. That’s a bummer to be perfectly honest. I can’t say I’m disappointed that Haunted wouldn’t fit in this game though. I still wish there was some type of reward for achieving SR 152.

I don’t see it being a problem even with multiplayer being considered cannon. Its all a simulation so that should allow for some strange things to appear. Thats why the Sword Hog is able to exist right?

I don’t think majority of the community cares about lore in multiplayer anyways, WE WANT COOL STUFF! :slight_smile: I’d even pay money just to have my haunted hem back, seriously.

ehhhh who cares about the lore when you can look like a bad -Yoink- :wink:
all for haunted say aye!

If the Haunted ever drops by to Halo 5, it won’t be a coincidence unlocking it by reaching SR152 or the helmet is offered as a Halloween special.

> Happy Friggin’ Halloween!

I had the haunted helmet. I would like to see rare items earned in one game available in the next. Reward faithful fans.

> 2533274865035542;2:
> Nope, not going to happen. And hopefully won’t happen.
>
>
> A.) We already have a helmet with a skull. Which is EVA
>
> ```c

B.) This would just frustrate the lore even more, it’s bad enough we already have pizza skins and cat skins. At least the Raider helmet says it’s just a fun helmet Spartan’s wear and that Timmy and Olive are labeled as “glitches” in the chamber. We don’t need to add a helmet where your face is replaced with a literal skull. (Although if they do add it, they may as well cancel the lore of Arena/Warzone overall that way they can do anything they want.)
[/quote]
What about a hollogram to deceive enemies from crashed spartan pilots.

If they appear dead than they might not be killed while unconscious.

> 2533274923562209;4:
> > 2533274865035542;2:
> > Snip.
>
> Multiplayer shouldn’t be dictated by lore to begin with, it’s simply a place people go to play vs/with others. I don’t play it expecting a cannon reason why x is in or why x functions as it does, that’s what campaign is for.

It should, but it also shouldn’t. Giving everything lore sounds like a great idea like Helmets and who manufactured them or weapon descriptions. (Like Open Hand, cool to know that Prometheans/UNSC/Covenant don’t just use one variant of a weapon.), until you push it too far. (E.x.: Kinetic Bolts [Extra damage, but only vehicles?] or Old Abe/Kitten Weapon Skins?)

Yet again, Campaign is there to be the bigger part of the lore. There’s always expansion, and it’d be great if they could cover some of the easiest stuff in smaller things. Like in Multiplayer, even if they’re a simulation. You’re still getting info on them. (Like Captain Wamik making an appearance.)

> 2533274796457055;6:
> > 2533274865035542;2:
> > Haunted Helmet was awarded to those who could grind over 100 days of firefight, or 150 days of multiplayer. (made up statistics) In other words, while I do love the Pilot helmet, I am against the idea of bringing in the Haunted Helmet. Mainly because
>
> You bought the Haunted Helmet in Reach after reaching Inheritor. For the grand price of 1cR.

Yes, but I’m talking about grind of cR it took to progress to Inheritor. Sorry if that threw you off.

> 2533274950162674;7:
> > 2533274829381386;3:
> > I forgot the MP was considered lore and thus needed to hold some type of realistic standard. That’s a bummer to be perfectly honest. I can’t say I’m disappointed that Haunted wouldn’t fit in this game though. I still wish there was some type of reward for achieving SR 152.
>
> I don’t see it being a problem even with multiplayer being considered cannon. Its all a simulation so that should allow for some strange things to appear. Thats why the Sword Hog is able to exist right?

Nope, the Sword Hog is a legit vehicle. It’s a Warthog that was made from the Allegiance of Swords of Sanghelios and the UNSC. They team up at the end of Halo 5. So it wasn’t invented until after Infinity retrieved Osiris, Blue Team, and Swords of Sanghelios. But it’s a legit vehicle.

> 2533274983213185;12:
> > 2533274865035542;2:
> > snip
>
> What about a hollogram to deceive enemies from crashed spartan pilots.
>
> If they appear dead than they might not be killed while unconscious.

Doubtful, Brute’s would eat the corpse and so would Jackals. And some Elite’s puncture the dead, just in case. Even Insurrectionists would do a double-tap. The only way it could probably be added is
"The Haunted Helmet is a glitch in the system, it’s unknown what causes it but it appears to be an issue related with the Pilot helmet and EVA , causing an override in the system." or something like that. (Like they did the Timmy helmet.)

The Haunted Helmet is about as ridiculous as the Pizza Skin and the Cat Skins. I mean, if they can make it work, sure. But it can’t possibly be canon (since it defies the laws of being alive).

> 2533274950478805;14:
> The Haunted Helmet is about as ridiculous as the Pizza Skin and the Cat Skins. I mean, if they can make it work, sure. But it can’t possibly be canon (since it defies the laws of being alive).

I don’t even want it TBH.

If I can have a cat on my BR for some ridiculous reason. Why can’t they just make up some story for the haunted helmet? Spooky Pilot and katana gets my vote.

> 2533274865035542;2:
> B.) This would just frustrate the lore even more, it’s bad enough we already have pizza skins and cat skins. At least the Raider helmet says it’s just a fun helmet Spartan’s wear and that Timmy and Olive are labeled as “glitches” in the chamber. We don’t need to add a helmet where your face is replaced with a literal skull. (Although if they do add it, they may as well cancel the lore of Arena/Warzone overall that way they can do anything they want.)

This is a terrible, terrible argument that serves no purpose but to restrict the multiplayer. FUN should never be dictated by canon. The concept of the mulitplayer is canon, not necessarily what goes on inside it. When I was playing Campaign last night, Chief teabagged Warden Eternal for five minutes before throwing Fred and Linda off a cliff. Was that canon?

But fine, here’s a canon explanation: Hologram within the visor as an intimidation device. Worked with Raider, why not Haunted?

> 2533274849069111;17:
> > 2533274865035542;2:
> > B.) This would just frustrate the lore even more, it’s bad enough we already have pizza skins and cat skins. At least the Raider helmet says it’s just a fun helmet Spartan’s wear and that Timmy and Olive are labeled as “glitches” in the chamber. We don’t need to add a helmet where your face is replaced with a literal skull. (Although if they do add it, they may as well cancel the lore of Arena/Warzone overall that way they can do anything they want.)
>
> This is a terrible, terrible argument that serves no purpose but to restrict the multiplayer. FUN should never be dictated by canon. The concept of the mulitplayer is canon, not necessarily what goes on inside it. When I was playing Campaign last night, Chief teabagged Warden Eternal for five minutes before throwing Fred and Linda off a cliff. Was that canon?
>
> But fine, here’s a canon explanation: Hologram within the visor as an intimidation device. Worked with Raider, why not Haunted?

I’d love to play campaign with you, sound hilarious… that comment made me laugh!

And yeah, was it not always supposed to be a hologram?

I think it would be very cool. Especially if it was difficult to obtain.

MP is within lore.
Zombies is in MP.
Haunted Helmet is different from Infection? How?