Hating on Reach

Why do people in the community and the forums hate Reach? Just curious.

Because it’s the “cool” thing to do.

Halo 4 will come out and people will hate on that, too.

Arrives after “Reach Defense Force”

Because of certain decisions made by Bungie that people disliked. It has nothing to do with “It’s the cool thing to do”, people just don’t like certain things about it (myself included). A lot of people despised gameplay in Default Reach (again, myself included). That’s why we now have the Anniversary playlists. So the game is now closer to the original style of play than Default Reach, and the people who disliked Default Reach can have their fun too.

Oh, I don’t know, maybe it has something to do with the game sucking in so many different departments.

> Oh, I don’t know, maybe it has something to do with the game sucking in so many different departments.

That’s kind of vague. :slight_smile:

> > Oh, I don’t know, maybe it has something to do with the game sucking in so many different departments.
>
> That’s kind of vague. :slight_smile:

Armor Abilities, 100% Bloom/Bloom in general, movement speed decreased from past Halo games, jump height decreased from past Halo games, Vehicle balancing out-of-wack, the non-DLC maps, weapon balancing, the Credit/so-called “ranking” system, the Campaign was disappointing, no-bleed melees, Sword Block, so few disc maps, lack of quality on disk-maps, etc. There’s a lot of things people dislike. It’s not “haters gonna hate”, a lot of the “haters” you see complaining are long-time Halo fans, too. We just don’t don’t like the direction Bungie took with Reach, or we just don’t want to constantly kiss developer butt and praise the game no-matter what it does.

Even if you disagree, they are at least understandable positions. But the “Reach Defense Force” likes to distort those views.

> > Oh, I don’t know, maybe it has something to do with the game sucking in so many different departments.
>
> That’s kind of vague. :slight_smile:

You’re joking, right?

1. Dull, disappoining campaign.
  2. Broken trueskill.
  3. Uneven numbers of ranked and social playlists.
  4. Meaningless global ranking system.
  5. Bad stock maps.
  6. Too few stock maps.
  7. Broken splitscreen.
  8. Bloom by default.
  9. No bleedthrough by default.
  10. Slow movement speed.
  11. Low jump height.
  12. Nerfed theater mode.
  13. Increased kill times.
  14. Poor sandbox.
  15. Overpowered AAs.
  16. Bad stock maps.
  17. Too few stock maps.
  18. Dull Forge World colour.
  19. Broken or missing Custom Games options (sequential KOtH for example).
  20. Too many playlists for the current population size.

If you had bothered to do elementary research on the game, you could’ve saved me from all that redundant typing.

> Because it’s the “cool” thing to do.
>
> Halo 4 will come out and people will hate on that, too.

> > > Oh, I don’t know, maybe it has something to do with the game sucking in so many different departments.
> >
> > That’s kind of vague. :slight_smile:
>
> Armor Abilities, 100% Bloom/Bloom in general, movement speed decreased from past Halo games, jump height decreased from past Halo games, Vehicle balancing out-of-wack, the non-DLC maps, weapon balancing, the Credit/so-called “ranking” system, Campaign. There’s a lot of things people dislike. It’s not “haters gonna hate”, a lot of the “haters” you see complaining are long-time Halo fans, too. We just don’t don’t like the direction Bungie took with Reach, or we just don’t want to constantly kiss developer butt and praise the game no-matter what it does.
>
> Even if you disagree, they are at least understandable positions. But the “Reach Defense Force” likes to distort those views.

Me disagree? When I asked a question like that, I am completely neutral.

> > > Oh, I don’t know, maybe it has something to do with the game sucking in so many different departments.
> >
>
> You’re joking, right?
>
> 1. Dull, disappoining campaign.
> 2. Broken trueskill.
> 3. Uneven numbers of ranked and social playlists.
> 4. Meaningless global ranking system.
> 5. Bad stock maps.
> 6. Too few stock maps.
> 7. Broken splitscreen.
> 8. Bloom by default.
> 9. No bleedthrough by default.
> 10. Slow movement speed.
> 11. Low jump height.
> 12. Nerfed theater mode.
> 13. Increased kill times.
> 14. Poor sandbox.
> 15. Overpowered AAs.
> 16. Bad stock maps.
> 17. Too few stock maps.
> 18. Dull Forge World colour.
> 19. Broken or missing Custom Games options (sequential KOtH for example).
> 20. Too many playlists for the current population size.
>
> If you had bothered to do elementary research on the game, you could’ve saved me from all that redundant typing.

Well that is why I came to the forums after all. Bing or Google isn’t the answer to all questions. I wanted to hear it directly from the community.

> > > > Oh, I don’t know, maybe it has something to do with the game sucking in so many different departments.
> > >
> > > That’s kind of vague. :slight_smile:
> >
> > Armor Abilities, 100% Bloom/Bloom in general, movement speed decreased from past Halo games, jump height decreased from past Halo games, Vehicle balancing out-of-wack, the non-DLC maps, weapon balancing, the Credit/so-called “ranking” system, Campaign. There’s a lot of things people dislike. It’s not “haters gonna hate”, a lot of the “haters” you see complaining are long-time Halo fans, too. We just don’t don’t like the direction Bungie took with Reach, or we just don’t want to constantly kiss developer butt and praise the game no-matter what it does.
> >
> > Even if you disagree, they are at least understandable positions. But the “Reach Defense Force” likes to distort those views.
>
> Me disagree? When I asked a question like that I am completely neutral.

Sorry, I wasn’t directing that at you. Just the people who are a part of the “Reach Defense Force”. I could tell you were trying to be neutral.

> >
>
> You’re joking, right?
>
> 1. Dull, disappoining campaign.
> 2. Broken trueskill.
> 3. Uneven numbers of ranked and social playlists.
> 4. Meaningless global ranking system.
> 5. Bad stock maps.
> 6. Too few stock maps.
> 7. Broken splitscreen.
> 8. Bloom by default.
> 9. No bleedthrough by default.
> 10. Slow movement speed.
> 11. Low jump height.
> 12. Nerfed theater mode.
> 13. Increased kill times.
> 14. Poor sandbox.
> 15. Overpowered AAs.
> 16. Bad stock maps.
> 17. Too few stock maps.
> 18. Dull Forge World colour.
> 19. Broken or missing Custom Games options (sequential KOtH for example).
> 20. Too many playlists for the current population size.
>
> If you had bothered to do elementary research on the game, you could’ve saved me from all that redundant typing.

You said “bad stock maps” and “too few stock maps” twice. Just thought I’d throw that out there.

Because Reach is far away from the original Halo experience that people are used to.

It is a boring and often frustrating game to watch and play.

The precision weapons are crippled with multiple random mechanics (bloom + uncontrollable spread for some).

We basically became tin cans that were nerfed in every way to make room for the garbage AA’s that further reduce skill gap.

Bloom is my biggest issue. It wouldn’t be a problem if I could pace my shots and win or lose a fight strictly due to strafing or being out strafed. I, on the other hand, shouldn’t be penalized for pacing my shots when my opponent isn’t, allowing them to win 4/10 times. Thus why Halo had 28,000 people playing tonight while MW3 have 300,000 people playing an hour later (1:00 am). Bloom has made it near impossible to replicate individual skill. In other halo games, if you knew the map and had better aim, you would win the battle 95% of the time. In MW3, if you know the map and know your gun, then you are in control of you skill. In Reach i find myself losing to non pacers 40% of the time at mid range with the dmr. . . . The reason I enjoyed previous Halo games was because it was a little more difficult than MW2, but not to the point to where I HAD to rely on team shooting to decisively win a 1 on 1 matchup (obviously not 1v1, lol) ,and w/o the team shooting its many times sheer luck as to whose bullets land due to bloom.

People complain about everything for various reasons, that’s just how society works. Unfortunately, it seems to be the “cool” and “popular” stereotype to hate on Reach, and the majority of people that do, do so because they see their friends and others complain about it. It just goes to show how easily influenced people are.

Yes, Reach isn’t flawless, I stand by the motto “if you don’t like it, don’t play it”. It’s just a video game. In a year’s time none of this isn’t going to matter anyways.

I believe that there are very few people hating Reach because they think it’s a bad game I think that most people hate Reach because it isn’t Halo 3

People hate on reach because of the horible maps the annoying way they tried to balance vehicles and the fact that every armour ability just shouldn’t be in halo.What I think about reach I think that if every halo was a cake then ce is a simple cake halo 2 is a cake that is tasty but has a little to much sugar and halo 3 is a great cake but what reach did was add mustard and hamburger buns to the recipe of great halo cakes and some people like epic mealtime are going to love the cake but every one else is to scared to take another bite out of this new recipe so they went back to the old cake

because bungie took a good game (halo CE-Halo 3) ripped it to shreds and spat on it… multiple times…

A better question is that if they hate it why do they even post in these forums?

Seems to me their time would be better spent playing the games they do like, and posting in discussion forums for those games.

I hate those other games like CoD and BF3, but I’m not posting rant threads in the discussion forums for those games (if they even have them).