Hating Just To Hate

I’ve seen people whining about the intro/post game team boast the Spartans do. Seriously?

Whats next, uhhhhh the main menu has a planet in it not a Halo array? This community is so 50/50 about their own games it’s no wonder people don’t take this series seriously. I swear I never see the Uncharted community or Zelda community fight like this. The only thing those fans argue about is which of the games is the best in the series. Not, OMG 343 IS RUINING THIS SERIES. They’re not…

They’re saving it.
Open your eyes people games aren’t the same as they were 10 years ago. It’s like the people that think Halo 5 should just be an updated Halo 2. NO. Have you even played Halo 5 yet, let alone any of the more recent major FPS releases? I can’t even play the MCC lately because after playing the Halo 5 Beta H2A felt like an aged dinosaur that should’ve been left alone(almost threw a Jurassic World pun in there). I actually went back to play Advanced Warfare because quite frankly it’s the only other game out there that has some of the key features a “real” next-gem Halo game should have.

You can whine all you want, but the people who left Halo 4 so suddenly weren’t people stuck in the past with what they wanted Halo to be. It was all the Call of Duty fans who thought that Halo could be the next Call of Duty. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

Call of Duty wasn’t the so called Halo-killer. Halo killed Halo.
So wake up, pay attention, and ADAPT to the new ways to play our favorite franchise or else mark my words this series will slowly erode to a Medal of Honor death sentence I don’t want to see. Most series don’t last as many generations as successfully as Halo has, but with the unfortunate un-hyping MCC did. Halo 5 is going to need all the support it can get to make sure it won’t turn out to be another “Halo 4”.

DISCLAIMER: I love Halo 4. And I have played Halo 5 and I think it’s the most solid FPS I’ve ever played. Lot of potential.
queues Halo 3 trailer
Hope

Sorry for the rant, I’ve wanted to say worse sometimes. I just have this terrible love/hate with some of the postings this community puts on here.

Halo means so much to me, and is my entire inspiration for studying Game Design at the Savannah College of Art and Design. I wouldn’t want to work for 343 just for the sheer fact that I couldn’t live with myself knowing all the knowledge of upcoming games/stories and NOT being able to tell people.

Lol, anyways, Merry Christmas and a Happy Holidays guys/girls!

> 2533274813758308;1:
> I’ve seen people whining about the intro/post game team boast the Spartans do. Seriously?
>
> Whats next, uhhhhh the main menu has a planet in it not a Halo array? This community is so 50/50 about their own games it’s no wonder people don’t take this series seriously. I swear I never see the Uncharted community or Zelda community fight like this. The only thing those fans argue about is which of the games is the best in the series. Not, OMG 343 IS RUINING THIS SERIES. They’re not…
>
> They’re saving it.
> Open your eyes people games aren’t the same as they were 10 years ago. It’s like the people that think Halo 5 should just be an updated Halo 2. NO. Have you even played Halo 5 yet, let alone any of the more recent major FPS releases? I can’t even play the MCC lately because after playing the Halo 5 Beta H2A felt like an aged dinosaur that should’ve been left alone(almost threw a Jurassic World pun in there). I actually went back to play Advanced Warfare because quite frankly it’s the only other game out there that has some of the key features a “real” next-gem Halo game should have.
>
> You can whine all you want, but the people who left Halo 4 so suddenly weren’t people stuck in the past with what they wanted Halo to be. It was all the Call of Duty fans who thought that Halo could be the next Call of Duty. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.
>
> Call of Duty wasn’t the so called Halo-killer. Halo killed Halo.
> So wake up, pay attention, and ADAPT to the new ways to play our favorite franchise or else mark my words this series will slowly erode to a Medal of Honor death sentence I don’t want to see. Most series don’t last as many generations as successfully as Halo has, but with the unfortunate un-hyping MCC did. Halo 5 is going to need all the support it can get to make sure it won’t turn out to be another “Halo 4”.
>
> DISCLAIMER: I love Halo 4. And I have played Halo 5 and I think it’s the most solid FPS I’ve ever played. Lot of potential.
> queues Halo 3 trailer
> Hope

I like your disclaimer, and I totally agree.

[deleted]

Lol. Wait. They’re saving Halo when there was nothing to save? Reach and H4 were the downfalls of Halo. How is taking the same footsteps of these games saving Halo when it was just fine until 2010? The reason Halo fell flat is because nobody wanted all this -Yoink- in this franchise. This makes the game generic and boring. There is nothing unique about Reach, 4, and from the looks of it, 5. The only thing about H5 that has even been worth a -Yoink- is that you can do grenade tricks to blast power weapons to you just like in Halo CE. That’s about it and I can already tell the lore idiots are going to cry about it because it’s somehow “cheap” and make it some story issue when it’s an actual good feature that makes the game interesting from a gameplay standpoint. IT’S A VIDEO GAME, NOT A MOVIE!

Other than that there is nothing appealing to me. All this crap is not why I started playing Halo. Not once did I ask for ANY of these new “features” nor did I ever think something was missing from Halo’s gameplay. Truth is, there was nothing wrong with Halo’s gameplay. It was fine and that is where Halo fell. When everything changed just because they wanted to “mix things up” when that element was already there. Mixing things up is not what armor abilities or sprint provide. The game gets mixed up from great gameplay and genius map design. When you do both of these right the outcomes of matches are almost never the same. That is why SLayer on Lockout never gets old. That is why CTF on the pit was great. That is why 2v2 prisoner was a staple. Guardian odd ball was great.

And guess what? With features like sprint and abilities, say goodbye to maps like this now.

That is why countdown and haven are forgotten and nobody cares about these. Reach and 4 lack the longevity because there is nothing interesting. H5 is going down the same path and as a Halo player, this worries me.

Double

> 2535425649312293;5:
> …that is why Slayer on Lockout never gets old. That is why CTF on the pit WAS great. That is why 2v2 prisoner WAS a staple. Guardian odd ball WAS great.

Sounds like you’re having trouble letting go. So again, let me reiterate:

The Halo games still sell, more than they did before because of the name alone and “hope” that they will become the new thing. Halo: Reach sold well. Halo 4 sold extremely well too. But since none of the crowd sees any competitive or “modern” features these games die within the first month. I mean come on, are the Halo games even on pro circuits anymore?

You may not “want” change, but this series NEEDS change, or else Destiny will become the next Halo(mark my words). Actually, we’re already losing that battle.

Halo 4 was full of modern features. It bombed hard.
Halo Reach changed. It did not bomb, but it did not do anywhere near as well as its predecessors either.

If all you care about is sales, sure, but that’s rather short sighted. Sales will suffer the next time if people didn’t like the previous one.

Destiny become the next Halo? We’re losing that battle? Almost everyone I’ve met who has played Destiny despises it, not to mention it isn’t even an exclusive title. I don’t think Destiny is going to be overthrowing anything anytime soon.

Again, you keep saying we NEED change, yet you’ve done nothing to actually substantiate that argument.

What makes a game go from great to “all time” is getting a million little things right. 343i has changed almost all of them needlessly. The vib I loved is gone and I don’t like it. The game feels avg. now. Sorry I feel that way. lol

> 2533274813758308;7:
> > 2535425649312293;5:
> > …that is why Slayer on Lockout never gets old. That is why CTF on the pit WAS great. That is why 2v2 prisoner WAS a staple. Guardian odd ball WAS great.
>
>
> Sounds like you’re having trouble letting go. So again, let me reiterate:
>
> The Halo games still sell, more than they did before because of the name alone and “hope” that they will become the new thing. Halo: Reach sold well. Halo 4 sold extremely well too. But since none of the crowd sees any competitive or “modern” features these games die within the first month. I mean come on, are the Halo games even on pro circuits anymore?
>
> You may not “want” change, but this series NEEDS change, or else Destiny will become the next Halo(mark my words). Actually, we’re already losing that battle.

WHat? Halo died because people were not playing Halo anymore! How can you be this blind? Line up the damn facts. Halo CE! HUGE GAME! Halo 2! Huge Game! Halo 3! EVEN BIGGER! All of these games lasted YEARS! Reach came out. It changed the formula and it fell. Halo 4 followed Reach’s blueprint. It’s changed even more and it failed.

If you really can’t put the puzzle together you’re either in denial or really have no common sense! These are simple facts based on a timeline that we can see with our own eyes. The numbers are there! Halo didn’t fall until Reach dropped! Halo didn’t get dropped off the pro circuit until after a whole season of Reach. Halo 3 was HUGE in 2010! It was the pro circuits biggest year for Halo! Actually look into this stuff and read up on it.

Nobody wants Halo not to change, but do it right!

Destiny? The game is dead! Nobody is talking about that trashy game anymore! I have not heard one thing about that game in months and that’s because it’s a JOKE!

> 2533274819302824;8:
> you’ve done nothing to actually substantiate that argument.

That’s because they have no real gameplay examples. It all about how they “feel” and that it’s going to help “immersion”. Not once has anybody told me what sprint does that a higher base player speed can’t do better.

> 2533274813758308;7:
> > 2535425649312293;5:
> > …that is why Slayer on Lockout never gets old. That is why CTF on the pit WAS great. That is why 2v2 prisoner WAS a staple. Guardian odd ball WAS great.
>
>
>
>
> You may not “want” change, but this series NEEDS change, or else Destiny will become the next Halo(mark my words). Actually, we’re already losing that battle.

Does it ALL need to change? I love people repeating this mantra. It needs to change~It needs to change~It needs to change~It needs to change

Why? If the game still sells and has an audience why does it need to change? What does it need to change so much?

Answer me this… How does the post game bro down help the series? Will it bring new fans? Things like the bro down and in game announcing can only serve one purpose. Annoy the -Yoink- out of long time Halo fans.

Merry Christmas!

I view the Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer Beta as a way for 343i to gain feedback from the community on what features they like and dislike, controls, presentation and stability.

So, rather than merely being an opportunity for them to analyse a lot of data from people stressing their servers and work out the hot-spots and unforseen exploits on the maps, they can resolve open questions, such as:

  • Should you be able to reduce the spread of hip-fired weapons with the Smart Scope? What is the point of having two weapon slots on Arena maps if one SMG is sufficient?- Should you even have a Smart Scope, or revert to having Glass Scope for shoulder-fired weapons like the Battle Rifle, Covenant Carbine, DMR, Sniper Rifle & Rockets?- Should you be able to Sprint by holding (X) so that you can ‘chord’ (A) with your thumb to Cycle Grenades, rather than have to stop moving to faff around with the D-Pad?- Should you be able to Sprint by holding (X) so that you can ‘chord’ (A) with your thumb to Reload your optionally equipped Secondary Weapon?- Should you be able to Sprint by holding (X) so that you can Slide into cover by holding (LS) to Crouch and then pop out by simply releasing it?- Should you be able to Sprint by holding (X) but find that it cancels Active Camouflage pick-ups and slowly depletes your single Energy Bar?- Should you be able to Jump by tapping [LB] and have it automatically Clamber when pushing (LS) forwards when you are near an edge?- Should you be able to Hover by holding [LB] and use your Thruster Pack to Dodge in any direction by combining (LS) as you hold (X)?- Should you be able to Stomp by holding [RB] to ready your Ground Pound whilst airborne and release [RB] when looking at them?- Should you be able to Barge by holding [RB] to ready your Spartan Charge whilst Sprinting and release [RB] when behind them?- Should you be able to turn off the Intro, Outro ‘brofest’ presentation in the Options?- Should you be able to turn off the Announcer / Waypoints for Power Weapons?- Should you be able to tap to toggle Crouch on and off for sneaking / Sniping?- Should you be able to hold to temporarily Crouch to support Gandhi Hop?I’ve got my own answers to all of these important design questions and I will keep an open mind about 343i current choices when I come to play the multiplayer Beta, however it would be arrogant of them to ignore constructive criticism from their community especially if players take the time to explain why they don’t like something and what 343i could reasonably be expected to do instead, rather than gripe and moan and say ‘I hate this!!!’

There’s too many of you in denial so I’ll just add this:

Destiny has become the highest selling new IP of all time. Not only did it make its (record-breaking high video game) budget back in just 5 days, but back in November they sold through 7 million copies. Halo 4 sold 9 million copies over the course of 2 years. Destiny has been out for 3 months.

If you seriously don’t see Destiny as a serious threat then you might as well never buy another game other than MCC, because the Halo series will be left in the dust soon. And sure, Destiny obviously had little to no story at all in the game’s “campaign”, but you can’t deny the fact that Bungie(who you idiots apparently praise) can create some of the most interesting environments and skybox’s EVER. The game is also FUN TO PLAY. And according to what you hardcore Halo fans keep telling me, is that the newer Halo games are not as fun. So if people want something thats “funner” to play, wouldn’t they go play Destiny?

And what audience? The couple thousand people that want to play old school Halo still? How about the millions that want a fun and competitive experience that is in the leagues of, well, League of Legends, Dota 2, and basically anything on mainstream Twitch.

All I’m saying is this: GIVE HALO 5 A SHOT! If I learned anything from when I played it it’s that is both highly competitive and highly entertaining. Two things that haven’t seen the light of day recently within the Halo franchise. Two things that game like Call of Duty and Destiny both have.(maybe a little less on the competitive part for Destiny lol(maybe challenging?))

ANOTHER DISCLAIMER: I’m not trying to hype up Destiny as the greatest game or anything. I play it from time to time, but with the recent no luck on getting anything useful in Crota’s End Raid, I’m calling it quits… for now.

A Quick Side Note: How can you all praise the old Halo games SO much, but the second that developer makes something else you instantly go tell them to go deff off(i.e Bungie’s Destiny)? Ungrateful.

So far I like all the changes.

• 60 FPS
• Sprint
• Clamber

Halo feels modern and fresh now. And such changes long overdue. I’m sorry but walking around at 4mph when engaging in Combat doesn’t make the least bit of sense. And I always thought its absence was strange from the very first game.

Halo killed halo, lel, not true in the slightest.

COD makes players feel powerful when they are not, easily lures players in by making them feel awesome. Players like that feeling and come back for more, it’s like a drug. Also, a lot of halo fans did leave halo 4, including myself.

> 2533274813758308;14:
> -snip-

Halo 4 sold amazingly well too. In fact, I bet pretty much any AAA game ever made has sold well. Why so much emphasis on sales? The important thing is not sales, its returning customers. Right now, everyone I know is pissed with Destiny. As a result, it’s made me wary of buying it. So not only is Bungie going to scare off future purchasers like myself, they’re scaring off people that bought their game to begin with.

“How can you praise Halo 3 and hate Bungie for making Destiny?”

Why do you assume I worship or hate Bungie? I worship their games, not them. Nor do I hate Bungie, I simply am not interested in one of their games.

“What audience, the couple thousand that want to play old Halo?”

Points to Halo 4, finger falls off from pointing to Halo 4 so much while people willingly ignore it.
Not exactly compelling evidence on your end either.

“You’re all in denial.”
Yet you’ve still done barely anything to substantiate your argument. Name call all you want, it’s not going to make you right.

Halo 4 did everything you said Halo needs…absoutly failed, alienated majority of the fan base, and hurt Halo worse than any competing game could ever hope to. In a sense you’re right, Halo killed Halo, but trying to be something it isn’t, people play Halo for a specific feel and type of gameplay, changing that means the reason people played the game and were addicted to it was gone. When you try to appeal to people other than your fan base, you fail on both ends, (example will be CoD) the Halo fans will be alienated and you begin to grow hate and division in the community, and CoD fans still won’t play the gaming, why, because CoD does CoD better than Halo and they don’t want to play a ripoff hybrid. Same thing would happen if CoD tried shields and slow kill times, they would crash and burn worse than the Challenger shuttle.