haters of 4 please read

I’m persistently seeing threads on how this game does not cater to the competitive community, is noob friendly, has ripped off COD and how 343 have destroyed the Halo franchise etc. Another theme I’m seeing is a comparison between the rigid map control systems of the earlier Halo games and the faster paced gameplay we have in 4. With this in mind I want to address these issues.

• Ordnance drops are not random. They are based on your own gameplay, how well you do etc. The better you do the quicker you get an ordnance drop. That doesn’t automatically mean that competitive gameplay cannot exist. If the other team is doing better than you and has earned a sniper rifle through ordnance, that is your teams fault, not the game itself, you started on an even playing field, just like in earlier Halo’s.

• Initial loadouts do not make the game unbalanced. There is a reason the DMR is good at long-mid ranges, while at a close range the AR would usually win. Because the weapons are balanced. You cannot say that the AR, for example, is OP because it beats you up close when you are using a LR for example, they’re different weapons. I agree here that the DMR is probably the best primary here and in my opinion it does need toning down slightly, but my point still stands true. The same goes with Frags, Stickies and Pulses, Frag grenades have an advantage over Plasmas in that they bounce etc, the Plasmas stick to people. Both have an advantage over the other. None of these things are unbalanced, just better than their counterparts in some areas. I agree that the BS is overpowered, no sidearm, regardless of charge time, counters or accuracy should have a OSK kill capacity, particularly as it has a better range than a Scattershot!!! I will concede that point as it doesn’t belong in a initial loadout setting.

• Sprint does not ruin the gameplay either. The maps are bigger and Sprint lets you get around them quicker, simple as that. Most FPS’s have them and you slow down when your getting shot, making it hard for people to run away quickly. On a side note backing out of a situation you won’t win and escaping isn’t nooby, its called being sensible.

• This brings me onto JIP, how many times in 3 did you lose a ranked game you would otherwise have won because 2 people quit? Subsequentially I’ll bet your skill dropped afterwards. Everyone has games where it places you into one that is nearly finished or where your getting your -Yoink- kicked, that’s going to happen on occasions. But the JIP attempts to rectify the problem of being several players down in a match.

• Ranking systems. I don’d understand the big craze about the 1-50 ranking system, it was a broken system anyway! how many times did you play games with derankers, people who would quit instantly, people who would betray until booted? People would form parties in LW, sell accounts etc. It wasn’t a fair system so I honestly don’t see what the fuss is about realistically. Are people really that desperate for a HS 50 against their number?

• Map control is as important as ever on this game. Take the example of Ragnarok. 9/10 the team who has control of that main hill wins the game, this is due to map control, sprint, loadouts and JIP etc haven’t taken away this fact. PS I am well aware of the problem of camo snipers sitting on bases etc and I agree its a lone wolf mentality that puts your team at a disadvantage. Unfortunately as long as things like KD’s etc are on the waypoints people will play like this for stats and medals etc.

• AA’s are an addition to the game and they’re here to stay. All but Camo are balanced in my opinion. PV lets you see through walls, I get it, but you still have radar, play smart and time a grenade etc. There are several counters to nullify this ability. I believe Camo should be a map pickup or ordnance drop. It promotes selfish gameplay with BS and snipers and makes for a very “cheap” method of farming kills, realistically.

• FF being switched off is a good thing. People didn’t care about throwing grenades when team mates were nearby anyway! You shouldn’t get to a sniper first, then get betrayed by someone for it because they threw teddy out the pram. Players who did this shouldn’t be rewarded with a power weapon. Simple as that in my eyes so I think no FF is a good thing.

If you’ve finished this whole post thankyou for reading. I hope I’ve addressed some of the issues being constantly raised on these forums. I think Halo 4 is a very good game and I also agree is has problems. For me these are the Boltshot balance, Lack of playlists, lack of custom game options and poor servers. If you miss the days of Halo 3 get a group of friends together and play it, no one is stopping you. Halo 4 caters to all forms of players (casuals and competitives). Just because the game is a different style doesn’t mean it’s inferior.

*Ordinance drops ARE random. You are only referring to personal ordinance which is slightly different but still flawed. And personal ordinance is still RANDOMLY selected by the game itself. Therefore it still doesn’t matter how well you do in the end. I understand your little scenario about a winning team earning a sniper rifle and what not, but what if that team just happens to earn 3 more sniper rifles? How, exactly, is that fair? Personal ordinance that a player earns should be decided,by the game, based upon what weapons are already being used in the match. That way, there would still be an even weapon balance.

*I have mixed feelings about loadouts so if I were to post anything about that now, my opinion might change in the future.

*Sprint may not necessarily ruin gameplay, but it would be nice to disable it for custom games… (Another HUGE topic).

*I have mixed feelings about the JIP mechanic. I understand that many players have been asking for it since the golden era of Halo 3, but now that it’s here, I’ve noticed that it has some major flaws. If you are put into a pre-game lobby with your friends and notice that you don’t have a full team yet, good luck because the size of your team is going to stay like that for the rest of the game (This is a serious problem that must be fixed). Also if you think you’re safe after leaving a game early, again. You will be smacked with a 60 minute ban. This ban policy shouldn’t makes any sense and,therefore, shouldn’t exist. After all, another player will take your place eventually right??? Players would only get a 15 minute ban for quitting in Halo Reach where this mechanic didn’t exist so why they get banned for quitting in a game where this mechanic DOES exist?

*The reason for why there is such a huge craze about the old 1-50 ranking system is because it is one of the most ACCURATE ranking systems put into a video game. The ranking system stayed TRUE to the player and developed the more the player enhanced his or her skill. During Halo 3’s prime, I knew I was really good at the game but I also knew that I wasn’t the best. That’s why my highest skill level ended up being 45 which I was (and still am) perfectly fine with. There was no need for a typical XP bar because the ranking system was centered around SKILL and not the amount of hours you put into the game.

*Using Ragnarok is a horrible example of explaining map control. All the new features in Halo 4 completely change the way we play on this classic map. Especially the Mantis. It is too out of place to be put into an old map. However, I’m not saying that I dislike the Mantis. It would just make more sense to put the majority of new features into the new maps. Further more, it’s far too easy to gain map control now that players don’t have to worry about rushing to the power weapon spawn or camping it mid-game. All they have to do now is get a power weapon via a lucky personal ordinance and have a field day.

*There are times where I like AAs and there are times where I don’t. That’s all I have to say regarding AAs. I’m just glad that Armor Lock is gone. Also, I don’t think that Active Camo is THAT overpowered. Maybe it just needs to have its duration shortened.

*As for FF, I also have mixed feelings about that.

All false Halo 4 is the worst Halo game made even though I have fun on it.

Such false points of defence, I don’t know where to begin. I will just not bother seeing as someone already posted a suitable rebuttal.

> Such false points of defence, I don’t know where to begin. I will just not bother seeing as someone already posted a suitable rebuttal.

^This.

Seriously, OP? You couldn’t even get the facts right with the first sentence of your second paragraph. How is it your fault if you get and an enemy get ordnance at the same time, but one gets a needler and another gets a sniper? It’s not, do you even hear yourself talk OP?

You don’t even realize the full impacts of sprint either, or how base speed was nerfed to compensate. Combined with Magnetism, strafing is now pointless. But no, you only look at a single issue at a time instead of seeing how they tie into each other. Don’t even get me started on map control either.

Put some effort into your defense.

This is why I, a ‘hater’, take very few of these arguments seriously.

> *Ordinance drops ARE random. You are only referring to personal ordinance which is slightly different but still flawed. And personal ordinance is still RANDOMLY selected by the game itself. Therefore it still doesn’t matter how well you do in the end. I understand your little scenario about a winning team earning a sniper rifle and what not, but what if that team just happens to earn 3 more sniper rifles? How, exactly, is that fair? Personal ordinance that a player earns should be decided,by the game, based upon what weapons are already being used in the match. That way, there would still be an even weapon balance.
>
> *I have mixed feelings about loadouts so if I were to post anything about that now, my opinion might change in the future.
>
> *Sprint may not necessarily ruin gameplay, but it would be nice to disable it for custom games… (Another HUGE topic).
>
> *I have mixed feelings about the JIP mechanic. I understand that many players have been asking for it since the golden era of Halo 3, but now that it’s here, I’ve noticed that it has some major flaws. If you are put into a pre-game lobby with your friends and notice that you don’t have a full team yet, good luck because the size of your team is going to stay like that for the rest of the game (This is a serious problem that must be fixed). Also if you think you’re safe after leaving a game early, again. You will be smacked with a 60 minute ban. This ban policy shouldn’t makes any sense and,therefore, shouldn’t exist. After all, another player will take your place eventually right??? Players would only get a 15 minute ban for quitting in Halo Reach where this mechanic didn’t exist so why they get banned for quitting in a game where this mechanic DOES exist?
>
> *The reason for why there is such a huge craze about the old 1-50 ranking system is because <mark>it is one of the most ACCURATE ranking systems put into a video game</mark>. The ranking system stayed TRUE to the player and developed the more the player enhanced his or her skill. During Halo 3’s prime, I knew I was really good at the game but I also knew that I wasn’t the best. That’s why my highest skill level ended up being 45 which I was (and still am) perfectly fine with. There was no need for a typical XP bar because the ranking system was centered around SKILL and not the amount of hours you put into the game.
>
> *Using Ragnarok is a horrible example of explaining map control. All the new features in Halo 4 completely change the way we play on this classic map. Especially the Mantis. It is too out of place to be put into an old map. However, I’m not saying that I dislike the Mantis. It would just make more sense to put the majority of new features into the new maps. Further more, it’s far too easy to gain map control now that players don’t have to worry about rushing to the power weapon spawn or camping it mid-game. All they have to do now is get a power weapon via a lucky personal ordinance and have a field day.
>
> *There are times where I like AAs and there are times where I don’t. That’s all I have to say regarding AAs. I’m just glad that Armor Lock is gone. Also, I don’t think that Active Camo is THAT overpowered. Maybe it just needs to have its duration shortened.
>
> *As for FF, I also have mixed feelings about that.

You are so wrong at this statement, it was and never will be accurate, Halo 2 and Halo 3’s rank system had so many problems and were not accurate at defining skill, You are very ignorant into thinking that it was the most accurate system implemented into online video games. Have you not noticed that most video games today that require skill even ones that do not require skill don’t implement anything like the ELO system that both H2 and H3 had because it was so flawed. Bungie also never implemented it in reach I wonder why…

> > *Ordinance drops ARE random. You are only referring to personal ordinance which is slightly different but still flawed. And personal ordinance is still RANDOMLY selected by the game itself. Therefore it still doesn’t matter how well you do in the end. I understand your little scenario about a winning team earning a sniper rifle and what not, but what if that team just happens to earn 3 more sniper rifles? How, exactly, is that fair? Personal ordinance that a player earns should be decided,by the game, based upon what weapons are already being used in the match. That way, there would still be an even weapon balance.
> >
> > *I have mixed feelings about loadouts so if I were to post anything about that now, my opinion might change in the future.
> >
> > *Sprint may not necessarily ruin gameplay, but it would be nice to disable it for custom games… (Another HUGE topic).
> >
> > *I have mixed feelings about the JIP mechanic. I understand that many players have been asking for it since the golden era of Halo 3, but now that it’s here, I’ve noticed that it has some major flaws. If you are put into a pre-game lobby with your friends and notice that you don’t have a full team yet, good luck because the size of your team is going to stay like that for the rest of the game (This is a serious problem that must be fixed). Also if you think you’re safe after leaving a game early, again. You will be smacked with a 60 minute ban. This ban policy shouldn’t makes any sense and,therefore, shouldn’t exist. After all, another player will take your place eventually right??? Players would only get a 15 minute ban for quitting in Halo Reach where this mechanic didn’t exist so why they get banned for quitting in a game where this mechanic DOES exist?
> >
> > *The reason for why there is such a huge craze about the old 1-50 ranking system is because <mark>it is one of the most ACCURATE ranking systems put into a video game</mark>. The ranking system stayed TRUE to the player and developed the more the player enhanced his or her skill. During Halo 3’s prime, I knew I was really good at the game but I also knew that I wasn’t the best. That’s why my highest skill level ended up being 45 which I was (and still am) perfectly fine with. There was no need for a typical XP bar because the ranking system was centered around SKILL and not the amount of hours you put into the game.
> >
> > *Using Ragnarok is a horrible example of explaining map control. All the new features in Halo 4 completely change the way we play on this classic map. Especially the Mantis. It is too out of place to be put into an old map. However, I’m not saying that I dislike the Mantis. It would just make more sense to put the majority of new features into the new maps. Further more, it’s far too easy to gain map control now that players don’t have to worry about rushing to the power weapon spawn or camping it mid-game. All they have to do now is get a power weapon via a lucky personal ordinance and have a field day.
> >
> > *There are times where I like AAs and there are times where I don’t. That’s all I have to say regarding AAs. I’m just glad that Armor Lock is gone. Also, I don’t think that Active Camo is THAT overpowered. Maybe it just needs to have its duration shortened.
> >
> > *As for FF, I also have mixed feelings about that.
>
> You are so wrong at this statement, it was and never will be accurate, Halo 2 and Halo 3’s rank system had so many problems and were not accurate at defining skill, You are very ignorant into thinking that it was the most accurate system implemented into online video games. Have you not noticed that most video games today that require skill even ones that do not require skill don’t implement anything like the ELO system that both H2 and H3 had because it was so flawed. Bungie also never implemented it in reach I wonder why…

Hold on a sec. How am I the one whose being ignorant even after I’ve stated my opinion AND reason for it while all you’ve stated was your own opinion and NOTHING MORE? Did you even bother to read the rest of that paragraph instead of just highlighting the first sentence?? Anyways; Instead of noticing the video games that don’t use this ranking system, I don’t even notice a new video game that requires skill to begin with (I’m not saying that this is a bad thing. I’m just making a point). That is exactly why newer games don’t use this ranking system. Further more, if the old system is as flawed as you think it is, then how come I didn’t see any reasons as to why its flawed in your comment??

Gonna address your points in order:

1.) Ordnance drops are random. Two players do equally well and both receive ordnance. One of them gets an incineration cannon and the other gets a needler. Totally not random.

2.) Agree with you for the most part here. The DMR can keep its range, but tone down the bullet magnetism. The boltshot should not be a loadout weapon. I think I differ from most people when I add that the plasma pistol should not be a loadout weapon either. It is too big of a nerf to vehicles.

3.) Sprint isn’t what breaks gameplay, it’s the cramped maps with terrible lines of sight.

4.) I’ve always been in favor of Join-in-Progress, but there should be an option in the menu that allows you to choose whether you want to join a match already in progress or join a lobby.

5.) And a Call of Duty ranking system is better? A system where everyone can feel special and medals pop up for every little thing you do? The 1-50 system was popular because it rewarded good players and encouraged weaker players to get better. You are greatly exaggerating the amount of boosting and deranking that occurred. And besides, who cares if people sold 50 accounts, did that personally have any affect on your playing experience?

6.) No, it’s not. It’s funny how you list Ragnarok as your example, seeing as it’s the only remade map in the game. Map control isn’t essential since ordnance exists.

7.) Agree with you here. Everything besides camo is fine.

8.) I don’t think a lack of FF hinders the game, but keeping it for vehicles was a dumb call.

> 5.) And a Call of Duty ranking system is better? A system where everyone can feel special and medals pop up for every little thing you do? The 1-50 system was popular because it rewarded good players and encouraged weaker players to get better. You are greatly exaggerating the amount of boosting and deranking that occurred. And besides, who cares if people sold 50 accounts, did that personally have any affect on your playing experience?

My point EXACTLY!!

> Gonna address your points in order:
>
>
>
> <mark>1.) Ordnance drops are random. Two players do equally well and both receive ordnance. One of them gets an incineration cannon and the other gets a needler. Totally not random.</mark>
>
> 2.) Agree with you for the most part here. The DMR can keep its range, but tone down the bullet magnetism. The boltshot should not be a loadout weapon. I think I differ from most people when I add that the plasma pistol should not be a loadout weapon either. It is too big of a nerf to vehicles.
>
> 3.) Sprint isn’t what breaks gameplay, it’s the cramped maps with terrible lines of sight.
>
> 4.) I’ve always been in favor of Join-in-Progress, but there should be an option in the menu that allows you to choose whether you want to join a match already in progress or join a lobby.
>
>
> 5.) And a Call of Duty ranking system is better? A system where everyone can feel special and medals pop up for every little thing you do? The 1-50 system was popular because it rewarded good players and encouraged weaker players to get better. You are greatly exaggerating the amount of boosting and deranking that occurred. And besides, who cares if people sold 50 accounts, did that personally have any affect on your playing experience?
>
> 6.) No, it’s not. It’s funny how you list Ragnarok as your example, seeing as it’s the only remade map in the game. Map control isn’t essential since ordnance exists.
>
> 7.) Agree with you here. Everything besides camo is fine.
>
> 8.) I don’t think a lack of FF hinders the game, but keeping it for vehicles was a dumb call.

I just have to wonder, how is this not the definition of random, when 2 identical events cause different and unexpected circumstances.