Haters and Fair Representation

Hi Halo forum community!

Well this will be my first thread in a while, my last one discussed imbalance from memory and before that I discussed AA (or something similar) however today I’d like to discuss this idea of ‘Haters’ and fair representation.

Now I won’t start my thread by saying ‘recently as you know’ as that phrase is increasingly growing on my nerves instead let me just say this: Haters. This has become quite a common term on the forums and the idea is quickly spreading that it is:

-Haters against Blind fanboys
-Competitive MLGs against Casual armour lock users
-Us against Them

But I thought we were on the same side? No? Ok then. As a wise thread once said: ‘perhaps we all need to clam down’. However there have already been several threads about ‘lets have a calm friendly discussion’ and even more like ‘HATERS SHUT UP!’ so I’ll cut right to the chase.

Both sides are Halo players. Both sides have an opinion which deserves to be heard without any prejudice and both sides really need to start realising that they want different Halos. That’s right you read correctly: Different Halos. Whilst many people are trying to argue that both sides should just make up and that the community should not be split I disagree. It has become quite clear that forcing the community to come together and designing a game for everyone is not fair to either side and is simply not working.

So why not just have separate playlists for the different communities. Split Halo into:

Infinity Slayer
Reach style playlists with AA
Classic Halo with the same amount of playlists as the one above
Community - Fan made maps, weekend and monthly bonuses, action sack ect
MLG

This way the Classic core Halo fans get the game we want whilst those who prefer AA get what they want as well. Everyone deserves an opinion however until we learn how large the Classic playlist will be we neither side can complain that the ‘other side’ is ruining Halo.

However having said that, if the classic playlist is small or non-existent like it is in Reach; expect a lot of complaining and hate -far more than now, especially seeing as I will start to join in.

So there it is, a ‘stop the pointless arguing’ thread with a difference. As always I have designed my thread to inspire thought so please feel free to post any comments or thoughts you have below -in a reasonable manor. Oh and by all means both sides continue discussion but lets just clam down and please keep the fish puns to a minimum :wink:

Cheers,

Red Head 535 (getting a better gamertag soon)

Better to be red, than dead

AL is bad, all AA’s are bad.

> AL is bad, all AA’s are bad.

That opinion is fine provided that you phrase it in a non-offensive way. Provided that the classic Halo playlists are as large as those with AA would you be happy with Halo4?

> Hi Halo forum community!
>
> However having said that, if the classic playlist is small or non-existent like it is in Reach; expect a lot of complaining and hate -far more than now, especially seeing as I will start to join in.

I agree with what you are saying, there should be different groups in the community and they might not get along, because people want different things. However, I do believe halo could be designed for everyone, as you said split up the playlists, but 343 has already mentioned this.

As for the reachs classic playlist failing, it either shows one of two things, 1. not many people want to play classic halo or 2. the more likely option, the purest can’t decide on what they want to have and are unhappy when they are given something that isn’t right.

So for the purest, stop saying how AAs suck and how loadouts a ruining the game. Instead start a thread titled Classic Playlist Settings. In this thread have an actual discussion of things you want to see in this game, 4sk BR, new or old weapons, new or old maps. Start actually being constructive in your area of the game rather than being nonconstructive in the casuals area of the game.

Better dead than red, BLUE MASTER RACE!!!

OT: Everyone has a right to their opinion, but this forum hates to here oppositions and will be little people if they don’t follow 343i.

> > Hi Halo forum community!
> >
> > However having said that, if the classic playlist is small or non-existent like it is in Reach; expect a lot of complaining and hate -far more than now, especially seeing as I will start to join in.
>
> I agree with what you are saying, there should be different groups in the community and they might not get along, because people want different things. However, I do believe halo could be designed for everyone, as you said split up the playlists, but 343 has already mentioned this.
>
> As for the reachs classic playlist failing, it either shows one of two things, 1. not many people want to play classic halo or 2. the more likely option, the purest can’t decide on what they want to have and are unhappy when they are given something that isn’t right.
>
> So for the purest, stop saying how AAs suck and how loadouts a ruining the game. Instead start a thread titled Classic Playlist Settings. In this thread have an actual discussion of things you want to see in this game, 4sk BR, new or old weapons, new or old maps. Start actually being constructive in your area of the game rather than being nonconstructive in the casuals area of the game.

Exactly, constructive criticism, generating ideas but this whole idea of Casuals V Competitives and the prejudice which is on both sides is astounding. I have seen players ignore peoples opinions based on their k/d. I have also seen players state that if 343 followed competitive players views that Halo would be crap!

As for Reach’s classic playlist, the maps weren’t designed with it in mind so it played awful. You could state the same with Halo4 however it can be done if enough though is put into the design and movement speeds.

> Better dead than red, BLUE MASTER RACE!!!
>
> OT: Everyone has a right to their opinion, but this forum hates to here oppositions and will be little people if they don’t follow 343i.

Yes this is true. But there is prejudice and ignorance on both sides. Both sides need to take a breather, wait until more info is released about the classic playlist then decide their opinion with Halo4.

> Better dead than red, BLUE MASTER RACE!!!
>
> OT: Everyone has a right to their opinion, but this forum hates to here oppositions and will be little people if they don’t follow 343i.

I don’t think people are expecting the masses to blindly go along with whatever 343i is shoveling without input. If a person makes constructive criticism and provides some rationale versus simply trashing Halo 4 and 343i for attempting to maintain the Halo experience while at the same time introducing new enhancements/changes, then I believe people are receptive to that. At least, that is what I have seen thus far.

If you don’t believe me, simply take a look at the threads yourself and if anyone wants to debate that, then we can start posting links to threads as examples.

> > AL is bad, all AA’s are bad.
>
> That opinion is fine provided that you phrase it in a non-offensive way. Provided that the classic Halo playlists are as large as those with AA would you be happy with Halo4?

How was that phrased offensively? And more importantly, what’s wrong with being offensive?

> > > AL is bad, all AA’s are bad.
> >
> > That opinion is fine provided that you phrase it in a non-offensive way. Provided that the classic Halo playlists are as large as those with AA would you be happy with Halo4?
>
> How was that phrased offensively? And more importantly, what’s wrong with being offensive?

It was not phased offensively.

What’s wrong with being offensive? Simple, you get banned, people call you a hater and you get ignored.

> > > AL is bad, all AA’s are bad.
> >
> > That opinion is fine provided that you phrase it in a non-offensive way. Provided that the classic Halo playlists are as large as those with AA would you be happy with Halo4?
>
> How was that phrased offensively? And more importantly, what’s wrong with being <mark>offensive</mark>?

As long as it isn’t intentionally. In this case, I doubt it was.

> > > Hi Halo forum community!
> > >
> > > However having said that, if the classic playlist is small or non-existent like it is in Reach; expect a lot of complaining and hate -far more than now, especially seeing as I will start to join in.
> >
> > I agree with what you are saying, there should be different groups in the community and they might not get along, because people want different things. However, I do believe halo could be designed for everyone, as you said split up the playlists, but 343 has already mentioned this.
> >
> > As for the reachs classic playlist failing, it either shows one of two things, 1. not many people want to play classic halo or 2. the more likely option, the purest can’t decide on what they want to have and are unhappy when they are given something that isn’t right.
> >
> > So for the purest, stop saying how AAs suck and how loadouts a ruining the game. Instead start a thread titled Classic Playlist Settings. In this thread have an actual discussion of things you want to see in this game, 4sk BR, new or old weapons, new or old maps. Start actually being constructive in your area of the game rather than being nonconstructive in the casuals area of the game.
>
> Exactly, constructive criticism, generating ideas but this whole idea of Casuals V Competitives and the prejudice which is on both sides is astounding. I have seen players ignore peoples opinions based on their k/d. I have also seen players state that if 343 followed competitive players views that Halo would be crap
>
> As for Reach’s classic playlist, the maps weren’t designed with it in mind so it played awful. You could state the same with Halo4 however it can be done if enough though is put into the design and movement speeds.

I will admit that my posts can fall in the ignorant casual post, because I get sick of people telling 343 to remove AAs, and to turn halo back into a arena shooter.

But the fact is 343 is already trying to help them get the game they want with classic playlist and they seem to completely ignore it. There does seem to be a lot more hope with halo 4 classic playlist as default halo 4 should have roughly halo 3 movement (apart from sprint), this means that maps should be designed with a classic movement. Also bungie did something that was incredibly stupid, they ignored classic right from the word go where as 343 has acknowledged it right away.

Agreed red head. Just out of interest, did you get the idea to make this thread from mine? Doesn’t matter whether you answer or not.

> I will admit that my posts can fall in the ignorant casual post, because I get sick of people telling 343 to remove AAs, and to turn halo back into a arena shooter.
>
> But the fact is 343 is already trying to help them get the game they want with classic playlist and they seem to completely ignore it. There does seem to be a lot more hope with halo 4 classic playlist as default halo 4 should have roughly halo 3 movement (apart from sprint), this means that maps should be designed with a classic movement. Also bungie did something that was incredibly stupid, they ignored classic right from the word go where as 343 has acknowledged it right away.

Yes. My main concern is that will it be large enough? 343 have to face facts that there are some, well in fact many of the community who just do not want change or at least do not want change which leads to imbalance. From what I have seen 343 do realise this but to what extent? The closer the number classic playlists there are to the Reach gametypes the more happy fans will be overall.

> > > > AL is bad, all AA’s are bad.
> > >
> > > That opinion is fine provided that you phrase it in a non-offensive way. Provided that the classic Halo playlists are as large as those with AA would you be happy with Halo4?
> >
> > How was that phrased offensively? And more importantly, what’s wrong with being <mark>offensive</mark>?
>
> As long as it isn’t intentionally. In this case, I doubt it was.

Well, if one is offended, first one should sit down and ask oneself why. If one thinks about why oneself is offended, in most cases one actually ceases to be offended. Then one should read this quote by Stephen Fry:

“It’s now very common to hear people say, ‘I’m rather offended by that,’ as if that gives them certain rights. It’s actually nothing more than… It’s simply a whine. It’s no more than a whine. ‘I find that offensive.’ It has no meaning, it has no purpose, no reason to be respected as a phrase. ‘I am offended by that.’ Well so -Yoinking!- what?”

One should then realize that the universe doesn’t care whether one is offended or not, and one should ignore the perceived offense and move on with life, rather than trying to make life difficult for everyone else because one’s feelings are hurt and/or pride is wounded. Savvy?

(This is not directed at you, by the way, but rather the entire rather uptight forum in general.)

> Agreed red head. Just out of interest, did you get the idea to make this thread from mine? Doesn’t matter whether you answer or not.

I’m sorry I have an awful memory, which thread was yours? I’ll have a quick look at the list…

[BACK IN 5 MINS]

> > Agreed red head. Just out of interest, did you get the idea to make this thread from mine? Doesn’t matter whether you answer or not.
>
> I’m sorry I have an awful memory, which thread was yours? I’ll have a quick look at the list…
>
> [BACK IN 5 MINS]

The one about 343. All good bro.

> > > > > AL is bad, all AA’s are bad.
> > > >
> > > > That opinion is fine provided that you phrase it in a non-offensive way. Provided that the classic Halo playlists are as large as those with AA would you be happy with Halo4?
> > >
> > > How was that phrased offensively? And more importantly, what’s wrong with being <mark>offensive</mark>?
> >
> > As long as it isn’t intentionally. In this case, I doubt it was.
>
> Well, if one is offended, first one should sit down and ask oneself why. If one thinks about why oneself is offended, in most cases one actually stops being offended. Then one should read this quote by Stephen Fry:
>
> “It’s now very common to hear people say, ‘I’m rather offended by that,’ as if that gives them certain rights. It’s actually nothing more than… It’s simply a whine. It’s no more than a whine. ‘I find that offensive.’ It has no meaning, it has no purpose, no reason to be respected as a phrase. ‘I am offended by that.’ Well so -Yoinking!- what?”
>
> One should then realize that in the grand scheme of things, the universe doesn’t care whether one is offended or not, and one should ignore the perceived offense and move on with life, rather than trying to make life difficult for everyone else because one’s feelings are hurt and/or pride is wounded. Savvy?
>
> (This is not directed at you, by the way, but rather the entire rather uptight forum in general.)

I already thought of those other interpretations of being offended. I just didn’t feel like explaining the whole thing lol xD.

> > > Agreed red head. Just out of interest, did you get the idea to make this thread from mine? Doesn’t matter whether you answer or not.
> >
> > I’m sorry I have an awful memory, which thread was yours? I’ll have a quick look at the list…
> >
> > [BACK IN 5 MINS]
>
> The one about 343. All good bro.

ahh yes, ‘Give 343 a break’.

In all fairness yes, it was one of the many threads which inspired this one. However this issue has been going on for a long time and it was not just your thread which stated this whole thing off.

The reason Reach had a problem with the classic playlist is because it was Reach. A lot of the players who want the classic Halo feel (like me) were scared off quickly and never gave it another serious try.
Another thing is that many of the players wanting the classic experience played MLG.