Has this been discussed yet?

Has anyone wished that Halo infinite’s graphical art style could just be the H2A graphics but 1000x better due to slipspace engine / better hardware like PC / XSX?

What type of art style do you wish to see when 343 finally shows us how the game will look with their next trailer?

> 2533274831074612;1:
> Has anyone wished that Halo infinite’s graphical art style could just be the H2A graphics but 1000x better due to slipspace engine / better hardware like PC / XSX?
>
> What type of art style do you wish to see when 343 finally shows us how the game will look with their next trailer?

I think our wishes are irrelevant at this point. The art style we saw in the gameplay demo is pretty much what we’re getting. I read a 343i article and they confirmed they’re sticking with that style. I expect better textures and lighting etc, but not much more, and I don’t like what we saw, I voiced my concerns when I saw the Discover Hope trailer, the recent demo confirmed my thoughts.

> 2592250499819446;2:
> > 2533274831074612;1:
> > Has anyone wished that Halo infinite’s graphical art style could just be the H2A graphics but 1000x better due to slipspace engine / better hardware like PC / XSX?
> >
> > What type of art style do you wish to see when 343 finally shows us how the game will look with their next trailer?
>
> I think our wishes are irrelevant at this point. The art style we saw in the gameplay demo is pretty much what we’re getting. I read a 343i article and they confirmed they’re sticking with that style. I expect better textures and lighting etc, but not much more, and I don’t like what we saw, I voiced my concerns when I saw the Discover Hope trailer, the recent demo confirmed my thoughts.

I felt the discover hope trailer and even the original engine demo in fact looked like a super juiced up version of H2A’s graphics though. I recently watched them again and thats why I felt to ask if this had been talked about yet. I dont feel like the demo we got this year reflected what was shown in the engine demo or the deliver hope trailer which is really strange lol.

> 2533274831074612;3:
> > 2592250499819446;2:
> > > 2533274831074612;1:
> > > Has anyone wished that Halo infinite’s graphical art style could just be the H2A graphics but 1000x better due to slipspace engine / better hardware like PC / XSX?
> > >
> > > What type of art style do you wish to see when 343 finally shows us how the game will look with their next trailer?
> >
> > I think our wishes are irrelevant at this point. The art style we saw in the gameplay demo is pretty much what we’re getting. I read a 343i article and they confirmed they’re sticking with that style. I expect better textures and lighting etc, but not much more, and I don’t like what we saw, I voiced my concerns when I saw the Discover Hope trailer, the recent demo confirmed my thoughts.
>
> I felt the discover hope trailer and even the original engine demo in fact looked like a super juiced up version of H2A’s graphics though. I recently watched them again and thats why I felt to ask if this had been talked about yet. I dont feel like the demo we got this year reflected what was shown in the engine demo or the deliver hope trailer which is really strange lol.

I agree. The engine demo looked insane, I loved what we saw. The Discover Hope trailer had me worried and I voiced that opinion, and I got roasted for it in the thread but I was convinced we were seeing an inferior design, the gameplay demo was terrible. It was not even close to what we saw before. As stated 343i had an article up, and I read they’re sticking with the artstyle, I’m not expecting big changes, just lighting and texture improvement. I want to be proven so wrong though.

I liked the general art style as it was presented. It felt appropriately Halo.

It just needs better lighting and some better textures (showing wear and tear etc). Digital Foundry had a nice video showing how a lot of the detail of the textures was lost with the way they did lighting / shadows. Some more general wear and tear wouldn’t go astray.

A lot of people seem to want ultra-realistic graphics… and Microsoft tended to push this narrative when they put the game up on a pedestal for showing off the next gen consoles. I’m not sure this would suit Halo, or be easy to implement for an open world at 4K / 60fps - especially if you want large scale battles.

Polish what they showed us and I will be very happy.

> 2592250499819446;4:
> > 2533274831074612;3:
> > > 2592250499819446;2:
> > > > 2533274831074612;1:
> > > > Has anyone wished that Halo infinite’s graphical art style could just be the H2A graphics but 1000x better due to slipspace engine / better hardware like PC / XSX?
> > > >
> > > > What type of art style do you wish to see when 343 finally shows us how the game will look with their next trailer?
> > >
> > > I think our wishes are irrelevant at this point. The art style we saw in the gameplay demo is pretty much what we’re getting. I read a 343i article and they confirmed they’re sticking with that style. I expect better textures and lighting etc, but not much more, and I don’t like what we saw, I voiced my concerns when I saw the Discover Hope trailer, the recent demo confirmed my thoughts.
> >
> > I felt the discover hope trailer and even the original engine demo in fact looked like a super juiced up version of H2A’s graphics though. I recently watched them again and thats why I felt to ask if this had been talked about yet. I dont feel like the demo we got this year reflected what was shown in the engine demo or the deliver hope trailer which is really strange lol.
>
> I agree. The engine demo looked insane, I loved what we saw. The Discover Hope trailer had me worried and I voiced that opinion, and I got roasted for it in the thread but I was convinced we were seeing an inferior design, the gameplay demo was terrible. It was not even close to what we saw before. As stated 343i had an article up, and I read they’re sticking with the artstyle, I’m not expecting big changes, just lighting and texture improvement. I want to be proven so wrong though.

Could you tell me in particular why you thought the discover hope trailer had you worried? It was using in engine assets and looked super comparable to the engine demo just in a different environment.

> 2585548714655118;5:
> I liked the general art style as it was presented. It felt appropriately Halo.
>
> It just needs better lighting and some better textures (showing wear and tear etc). Digital Foundry had a nice video showing how a lot of the detail of the textures was lost with the way they did lighting / shadows. Some more general wear and tear wouldn’t go astray.
>
> A lot of people seem to want ultra-realistic graphics… and Microsoft tended to push this narrative when they put the game up on a pedestal for showing off the next gen consoles. I’m not sure this would suit Halo, or be easy to implement for an open world at 4K / 60fps - especially if you want large scale battles.
>
> Polish what they showed us and I will be very happy.

I think what was shown looked “halo” enough for sure. I just hope we could see something representative of what the game might look like. Even if its just screenshots. I never cared about how many pixels were in a halo game. Halo has always had its strength in its art direction not its pixel count. Thats why im sad that the game HAS to target native 4k textures cause in an open world game that has dynaimc real time lighting it just holds the artists back in so many ways sadly. I wish MS would just let 343 go with upscaled 4k instead of native. It would make alot of issues with the games polish go away.

> 2533274831074612;6:
> > 2592250499819446;4:
> > > 2533274831074612;3:
> > > > 2592250499819446;2:
> > > > > 2533274831074612;1:
> > > > > Has anyone wished that Halo infinite’s graphical art style could just be the H2A graphics but 1000x better due to slipspace engine / better hardware like PC / XSX?
> > > > >
> > > > > What type of art style do you wish to see when 343 finally shows us how the game will look with their next trailer?
> > > >
> > > > I think our wishes are irrelevant at this point. The art style we saw in the gameplay demo is pretty much what we’re getting. I read a 343i article and they confirmed they’re sticking with that style. I expect better textures and lighting etc, but not much more, and I don’t like what we saw, I voiced my concerns when I saw the Discover Hope trailer, the recent demo confirmed my thoughts.
> > >
> > > I felt the discover hope trailer and even the original engine demo in fact looked like a super juiced up version of H2A’s graphics though. I recently watched them again and thats why I felt to ask if this had been talked about yet. I dont feel like the demo we got this year reflected what was shown in the engine demo or the deliver hope trailer which is really strange lol.
> >
> > I agree. The engine demo looked insane, I loved what we saw. The Discover Hope trailer had me worried and I voiced that opinion, and I got roasted for it in the thread but I was convinced we were seeing an inferior design, the gameplay demo was terrible. It was not even close to what we saw before. As stated 343i had an article up, and I read they’re sticking with the artstyle, I’m not expecting big changes, just lighting and texture improvement. I want to be proven so wrong though.
>
> Could you tell me in particular why you thought the discover hope trailer had you worried? It was using in engine assets and looked super comparable to the engine demo just in a different environment.
>
>
>
>
> > 2585548714655118;5:
> >

I honestly can’t say. I just had cocerns over what I saw in the Discover Hope trailer. It was a well produced trailer, top quality editing etc. I just thought it looked odd in comparison to the engine demo. Forget Discover Hope. Just think of the lush open world we saw in the engine demo, then think of the hexagonal open world we saw in the gameplay demo. Not even comparable imo.

> 2533274831074612;3:
> > 2592250499819446;2:
> > > 2533274831074612;1:
> > > Has anyone wished that Halo infinite’s graphical art style could just be the H2A graphics but 1000x better due to slipspace engine / better hardware like PC / XSX?
> > >
> > > What type of art style do you wish to see when 343 finally shows us how the game will look with their next trailer?
> >
> > I think our wishes are irrelevant at this point. The art style we saw in the gameplay demo is pretty much what we’re getting. I read a 343i article and they confirmed they’re sticking with that style. I expect better textures and lighting etc, but not much more, and I don’t like what we saw, I voiced my concerns when I saw the Discover Hope trailer, the recent demo confirmed my thoughts.
>
> I felt the discover hope trailer and even the original engine demo in fact looked like a super juiced up version of H2A’s graphics though. I recently watched them again and thats why I felt to ask if this had been talked about yet. I dont feel like the demo we got this year reflected what was shown in the engine demo or the deliver hope trailer which is really strange lol.

Well, unfortunately that is what we got. That is the latest bit of gameplay/info we have for the game, so we have to base it on that and not the old tech demos, which just show what it can be capable of, not what it will look like necessarily. I do hope we get nice environments like the engine demo showed a couple years ago.

Regarding how the gameplay demo didn’t look comparable to the engine revealing: bear in mind that even E3 demos end up looking better than a lot of games that get released, it’s all eye candy to sway people. I even saw the engine reveal the same way, and I myself am actually one of the few people that is actually pessimistic they’re using a new engine entirely, I just really don’t believe they are 🤷.

It’s unfortunate how poor the gameplay demo looked visually, but I’m by no means surprised.

> 2533274923562209;9:
> Regarding how the gameplay demo didn’t look comparable to the engine revealing: bear in mind that even E3 demos end up looking better than a lot of games that get released, it’s all eye candy to sway people. I even saw the engine reveal the same way, and I myself am actually one of the few people that is actually pessimistic they’re using a new engine entirely, I just really don’t believe they are 🤷.
>
> It’s unfortunate how poor the gameplay demo looked visually, but I’m by no means surprised.

Agreed. Remember Watchdogs? Remember Spider-Man and the whole puddlegate issue? Both of them were downgraded after E3.

I like H2A’s of art style