Has the update fixed desync?

Really curious to know without making hard drive space just to uninstall after one game. Seems like they say networking/bug fixes with the obvious implication of desync but without addressing it by name im highly skeptical after the geofilter fix cured desync too.

Has desync been fixed by this update?

3 Likes

Unless they specifically state otherwise, nope.

3 Likes

" * Networking & Desync: Improvements have been made to networking, which should reduce instances of “desync.” Vehicles desycning, melee attacks not registering, and blank shots (due to fake reloads) should all see improvements with this update." making me feel like they are hoping to sell it as fixed.

6 Likes

Oh they actually did? Great.

2 Likes

I think we should read that as they’ve fixed parts of a larger problem. If you’re expecting it to be completely fixed, then you’ll likely be disappointed. Seems they’re heading in the right direction though.

5 Likes

Lag will never truly be gone, but they mentioned that they have addressed some of the issues with the update.

1 Like

Key word there is “improvements.” Doesn’t say flat out fix. Game should run better, the question is how much?

1 Like

As long as crossplay is there so is the desync, bevause that’s what causes it. So no, nothing changed, I’d say it got even worse after today’s update since I’m getting a ton of games with 5-7 unkillable PC players all day long.

1 Like

The issue with this question is that you’re assuming there’s just one issue that causes desync. So the devs could fix 30 desync bugs out of 31, but the only issue that affects you is the unfixed 31st

This is a lie. I guarantee controller players still have a huge advantage over MnK players. I’ve only played MnK on Infinite since launch and this update literally changed nothing despite what they said.

As usual this is wrong. Crossplay isn’t an issue otherwise games like CoD, Battlefield, Apex, Gears of War etc… would have have issues. But guess what? They don’t.

Desync is caused because Halo is operating on the Xbox One.

Played several matches tonight and haven’t noticed any serious Lag issues. But it just feels like I’m sort of eye balling it in a sense saying that since it wasn’t tons of matches after the update.

I’d rather play more games and see how long it’ll last till it becomes more noticable.

2 Likes

I got shot behind a wall only once tonight, usually it’s 2+ per match. So, it seems like improvement so far.

3 Likes

In Halo it is, 100% all the bizzare, odd, anoying situations happen when you play against a PC player, this is NOT a coincidence. Just the idea to force console players to compete with PC users alone is questionable to begin with. So maybe it wouldn’t resolve desync completely, but in a huge part, and I do mean HUGE.

That’s BS and you know it, controller cannot and never will match M+K speed and precision, both at the same time. It has absolutely no advantage agains M+K in close range, not to mention guns like Command or that beam thing are almost uncontrollable on consoles, and the only guns with any sort of bullet magnetism that is helping you are BR and pistol, that’s it. As if the controls in Halo are any good to begin with, but that’s not the case, they’re too slow, even on max sensitivity settings, and lack precision due to strange acceleration curve. If it was something remotely close to let’s say CoD, then maybe the difference between M+K wasn’t that hige, but it is.

Whenever someone lies about how controllers have an advantage it’s obvious he doesn’t even play the hame, or at best has his mind trapped on that single scenario where you’re shooting at each other from a distance with BR in rankeds, but that’s just a single scenario over a hundred, thousands situations that happen every single match. So please, play the game, and I mean all the modes, all the guns, then talk.

Nope. Melee fights are still a combination of hilarious and infuriating :facepunch:

2 Likes

Nope. Still getting stuttering and rubberbanding every match. Even on a 40 ms connection I’m getting laggy games

2 Likes

This is the biggest joke I’ve ever read.

1 Like

I’d call it a patch for the time being. With how often updates cause issues and various challenges to the game coding itself, I’d hold off. This is a great step in the right direction and I’m proud of this amazing 343i December game improvement. I’m very very happy! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s amazing how acceptable the game is now. This is what we should have had at launch. Things are decent and function relatively well compared to a year ago. However I’m not going to praise them for making the game be acceptable. This is a great update, but making something be what it was supposed to be a year ago is not something to celebrate.
It’s more like…
sigh of relief
“freaking finally.”

3 Likes