Has the TU altered weapons?

I need to check if I’m imagining this; The BR seems to be firing faster and the DMR slower. The Carbine also seems to be killing quicker. It could just be a case of ‘wishful thinking’

Somebody else created a thread asking this same thing. I haven’t played yet but the consensus in that other thread seemed to be that it was in the OPs head.

I really want this to be true but I don’t want to go and start playing and get disappointed. :stuck_out_tongue:

I dunno, Test it.

Someone did ask if the BR has a faster RoF so you can’t be the only one who has noticed something…

They couldn’t really alter the weapons without at least releasing a note, could they?

I don’t believe there are any plans in the second TU to alter weapons.
On another note, I don’t think it’s a very good idea to nerf the DMR while simultaneously buffing the BR.

I think a minor adjustment on both sides is needed, I don’t want Halo to turn into a game with lightning fast kill times. That needs to stick to SWAT

> I think a minor adjustment on both sides is needed, I don’t want Halo to turn into a game with lightning fast kill times. That needs to stick to SWAT

Halo has always had fast kill times.

clarification- halo has had quick kill time IF you are good enough to do it.

the halo 1 Pistol has the fastest kill time at .6 second BUT almost no one could do that consistently.

my girlfriend can 5 shot anyone with the DMR, it is too easy to use.

> Halo has always had fast kill times.

I don’t think so…

Well, I know they added the ability to adjust weapon behaviours on the fly. I am hoping to see a nerf to the DMR on some level. The BR seems to be pretty much fine the way it is though.

The Carbine, all they’d have to do is tighten up it’s accuracy a bit, so it behaves more consistently. OR just make it take one less shot to kill a player.

I didn’t see any changes playing earlier. I guess today’s bulletin will reveal all…

This is under the “news section” and it’s dated today.

HALO 4 TU CHANGE LIST 3.28.13
BY B IS FOR BRAVO · 03.28.2013 10:09

The 3.28.13 Halo 4 Title Update is live. Here is a breakdown of what is included in this particular title update.
• Enabled “X-Markers” on the HUD to designate when and where teammates are killed.
• Updated Active Camo to fully reveal players when they fire all weapons.
• Reduced the auto aim, magnetism, and damage on the Gauss Warthog.
• Fixed an issue where some players at SR-130 did not see their specialization on their in-game playercard.
• Fixed various issues with ordnance nav markers.
• Fixed various join-in-progress issues with Flood.

> This is under the “news section” and it’s dated today.
>
> HALO 4 TU CHANGE LIST 3.28.13
> BY B IS FOR BRAVO · 03.28.2013 10:09
>
>
> The 3.28.13 Halo 4 Title Update is live. Here is a breakdown of what is included in this particular title update.
> • Enabled “X-Markers” on the HUD to designate when and where teammates are killed.
> • Updated Active Camo to fully reveal players when they fire all weapons.
> • Reduced the auto aim, magnetism, and damage on the Gauss Warthog.
> • Fixed an issue where some players at SR-130 did not see their specialization on their in-game playercard.
> • Fixed various issues with ordnance nav markers.
> • Fixed various join-in-progress issues with Flood.

Last TU there were a bunch of tweaks that weren’t even mentioned in the TU Change List.

How come the weapons tuning feature isn’t mentioned in the change list of the TU?

That probably means we didn’t get it, therefor no changes. I hope that’s not true because the TU announcement did say it had backend weapons tuning.

> > I think a minor adjustment on both sides is needed, I don’t want Halo to turn into a game with lightning fast kill times. That needs to stick to SWAT
>
> Halo has always had fast kill times.

The kill times in Halo are very slow compared to pretty much any other ModernDutyWarShooter FPS out now. Which is how it needs to stay.

> How come the weapons tuning feature isn’t mentioned in the change list of the TU?
>
> That probably means we didn’t get it, therefor no changes. I hope that’s not true because the TU announcement did say it had backend weapons tuning.

I scratching my head about that too.

> > How come the weapons tuning feature isn’t mentioned in the change list of the TU?
> >
> > That probably means we didn’t get it, therefor no changes. I hope that’s not true because the TU announcement did say it had backend weapons tuning.
>
> I scratching my head about that too.

Well it’s an ability they added in with the title update but it doesn’t directly affect the game until they actually choose to do something with it. So maybe they didn’t list it because as of now it doesn’t do anything?

They tweaked the BR’s RoF and potentially some other things. If you didn’t read the bulletin closely enough, the backend tuning of the weapons no longer needs a TU to implement them.

In plain English: They can change it whenever they want to, no TU needed. Which means it isn’t added in the TU change list.

I’ve played today and yes, the RoF of the BR is slightly increased. As far as the other weapons go, I’m not sure.

> They tweaked the BR’s RoF and potentially some other things. If you didn’t read the bulletin closely enough, the backend tuning of the weapons no longer needs a TU to implement them.
>
> In plain English: They can change it whenever they want to, no TU needed.
>
> I’ve played today and yes, the RoF of the BR is slightly increased. As far as the other weapons go, I’m not sure.

I understand that. But you think they’d at least add in the TU change list that they added the ability to change weapons without a TU… but they didn’t, which makes me wonder if they even added it in at all.