Has the Plasma Rifle been confirmed out or in

Has the Plasma Rifle been confirmed out or in…
would you like it to return

Game Informer said that it’s been replaced by a different gun.

One of the guys that played the demo said he found a giant plasma repeater/rifle.

> Game Informer said that it’s been replaced by a different gun.

Source?

It wouldn’t be halo without the plasma rifle. It has become iconic in the halo series.

> > Game Informer said that it’s been replaced by a different gun.
>
> Source?

A source would be nice, because if you are talking about the magazine article, they dont even mention the plasma rifle, let alone saying it was replaced

I believe it’s been retweaked or replaced. No one made it fast enough through the Campaign demo to find it however. It was that one playtest with a bunch of football players, Killa KC from MLG and some other people from the community.

The last Sparkast that focused on the MP said that it was a gun that was usually avoided but drained shields fast (the term used was “depeleter” rather than a killer of health (a finisher). One gun fits that description: The Plasma Rifle

This new, unknown gun is a finisher, not a depelter. Which is similar to how the Plasma Repeater worked (unlike typical Covenant weapons in Halo, the Repeater damages health faster than shields)).

I’ll leave it here in case you think i am blowing smoke or you are not in the loop

I’ve caught wind of troubling rumors that the Plasma Rifle is not in Halo 4, but I hope they’re false. I love the Plasma Rifle.

> > > Game Informer said that it’s been replaced by a different gun.
> >
> > Source?
>
> A source would be nice, because if you are talking about the magazine article, they dont even mention the plasma rifle, let alone saying it was replaced

My mistake, it wasn’t Game Informer.

http://www.halo4news.net/2012/04/new-halo-4-information-from-power-unlimited/

> It wouldn’t be halo without the plasma rifle. It has become iconic in the halo series.

Thats silly, its just a small weapon. That doesnt make it a neccessary input.

i think the plasma rifle should return to its halo ce glory

Yea i think its confirmed to not be returning :confused:

Since there’s no dual-wield I would imagine that we’ll be seeing the plasma repeater instead of the plasma rifle, which I am fine with.

> > > > Game Informer said that it’s been replaced by a different gun.
> > >
> > > Source?
> >
> > A source would be nice, because if you are talking about the magazine article, they dont even mention the plasma rifle, let alone saying it was replaced
>
> My mistake, it wasn’t Game Informer.
>
> http://www.halo4news.net/2012/04/new-halo-4-information-from-power-unlimited/

I like this comment.

"343, here is a message to you: halo is like my baby and you are like the world. I had my baby for years playing and getting to understand it. Then one day my baby left the coop to go explore new things. As soon as my baby left, you have been taking care of it . After 2 whole years my baby called and said “I’m coming home pops! On November 6th!” And you know what else my baby said. He said “the worlds been good to me and COD can go suck a -Yoink-.”

THE END.

Pretty touching story."

my moneys on the assault carbine

> my moneys on the assault carbine

AR + covenant carbine hmm…

> > my moneys on the assault carbine
>
> AR + covenant carbine hmm…

I like the plasma repeater more than the plasma rifle, but this assault carbine sounds awesome

> > > > > Game Informer said that it’s been replaced by a different gun.
> > > >
> > > > Source?
> > >
> > > A source would be nice, because if you are talking about the magazine article, they dont even mention the plasma rifle, let alone saying it was replaced
> >
> > My mistake, it wasn’t Game Informer.
> >
> > http://www.halo4news.net/2012/04/new-halo-4-information-from-power-unlimited/
>
> I like this comment.
>
> “343, here is a message to you: halo is like my baby and you are like the world. I had my baby for years playing and getting to understand it. Then one day my baby left the coop to go explore new things. As soon as my baby left, you have been taking care of it . After 2 whole years my baby called and said “I’m coming home pops! On November 6th!” And you know what else my baby said. He said “the worlds been good to me and COD can go suck a -Yoink!-.”
>
> THE END.
>
> Pretty touching story.”

It’d be touching if the baby wasn’t currently sucking CoD’s -Yoink-. It seemed to bring back custom loadouts, join-in-progress, instant respawns, and ordinance drops. Worst. Baby. EVER.