Has the DMR been nerfed at all?

I said this in another thread recently but…

> Hemmorage was broken due to DMR starts. And dont say it was too open, of course it was, had it been BR start it would be playable.
>
> You should NOT be able to spawn with a weapon that can fire across the map with Lazor precision.

They say that it now has a slower ROF. I can only hope that they do not tear apart vehicles like they did in reach.

Slower ROF, and 14 round magazine.

It doesn’t need a rof change, it needs the range and accuracy nerfed.

> I said this in another thread recently but…
>
>
>
> > Hemmorage was broken due to DMR starts. And dont say it was too open, of course it was, had it been BR start it would be playable.
> >
> > You should NOT be able to spawn with a weapon that can fire across the map with Lazor precision.
>
> They say that it now has a slower ROF. I can only hope that they do not tear apart vehicle like they did in reach.

The DMR doesn’t need to be nerfed, if you were to start with an AR on hemmorage then it would be worse then it already is.

From what was implied in the UNSC Weapons video each weapon is being forced more into roles so that there is no one “go-to” weapon that dominates everything.

> > I said this in another thread recently but…
> >
> >
> >
> > > Hemmorage was broken due to DMR starts. And dont say it was too open, of course it was, had it been BR start it would be playable.
> > >
> > > You should NOT be able to spawn with a weapon that can fire across the map with Lazor precision.
> >
> > They say that it now has a slower ROF. I can only hope that they do not tear apart vehicle like they did in reach.
>
> The DMR doesn’t need to be nerfed, if you were to start with an AR on hemmorage then it would be worse then it already is.

I never said it needed to be AR start, BR would be balanced perfectly. This is the scale i see in terms of effective range:

Shotgun- AR- pistol- Br -DMR- Sniper

For BTB we need BR starts. I would say pistol/AR start but i don’t think the Pistol is as great as it was, cant tell yet though.

DMR looks pretty balanced to me. I don’t see why it would need to be nerfed.

It’s too late anyways.

> > > I said this in another thread recently but…
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > Hemmorage was broken due to DMR starts. And dont say it was too open, of course it was, had it been BR start it would be playable.
> > > >
> > > > You should NOT be able to spawn with a weapon that can fire across the map with Lazor precision.
> > >
> > > They say that it now has a slower ROF. I can only hope that they do not tear apart vehicle like they did in reach.
> >
> > The DMR doesn’t need to be nerfed, if you were to start with an AR on hemmorage then it would be worse then it already is.
>
> I never said it needed to be AR start, BR would be balanced perfectly. this is the scale i see in terms of effective range
>
> Shotgun- AR- pistol- Br -DMR- Sniper
>
> For BTB we need BR starts. I would say pistol/AR start but i don’t think the Pistol is as great as it was, cant tell yet though.

Valhalla with BR starts sucked, Hemorrhage is larger than valhalla and contains less cover, so it will suck even more.

> DMR looks pretty balanced to me. I don’t see why it would need to be nerfed.
>
> It’s too late anyways.

How is it too late when any aspect of any weapon is changeable with a post-release update? If they decide it needs to be nerfed they can put out a day one update that will do as such.

> It doesn’t need a rof change, it needs the range and accuracy nerfed.

Range and accuracy is the whole -Yoinking!- point for the DMR. (designated MARKSMAN rifle) to nerf its range and accuracy is to change it’s niche.

> It doesn’t need a rof change, it needs the range and accuracy nerfed.

The Battle Rifle?

> > It doesn’t need a rof change, it needs the range and accuracy nerfed.
>
> Range and accuracy is the whole -Yoinking!- point for the DMR. (designated MARKSMAN rifle) to nerf its range and accuracy is to change it’s niche.

This :confused:

But I like sniping people with the DMR…

DMR has a killtime of 1.4 ish in H4
Reach it was around 1.7

Yeah I believe everyone agrees that the DMR was way to powerful against vehicles in Reach. It is hopefully tuned down enough.

> Yeah I believe everyone agrees that the DMR was way to powerful against vehicles in Reach. It is hopefully tuned down enough.

No, the DMR was fine. The vehicle physics just suck. The Warthog can flip over if you sneeze on it.

> > > I said this in another thread recently but…
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > Hemmorage was broken due to DMR starts. And dont say it was too open, of course it was, had it been BR start it would be playable.
> > > >
> > > > You should NOT be able to spawn with a weapon that can fire across the map with Lazor precision.
> > >
> > > They say that it now has a slower ROF. I can only hope that they do not tear apart vehicle like they did in reach.
> >
> > The DMR doesn’t need to be nerfed, if you were to start with an AR on hemmorage then it would be worse then it already is.
>
> I never said it needed to be AR start, BR would be balanced perfectly. This is the scale i see in terms of effective range:
>
> Shotgun- AR- pistol- Br -DMR- Sniper
>
> For BTB we need BR starts. I would say pistol/AR start but i don’t think the Pistol is as great as it was, cant tell yet though.

This is irrelevant as we don’t have “starts” now. We choose them.

You want to avoid getting DMR’d from across the map? Make a load out specifically designed for that situation. Use the specializations and tactical packages to better suit the job you want to do.

Also, remove the pistol from your little list.

AR - BR - DMR

Hemorrhage was broken in general. That map is not suitable for DMR starts. You can’t just nerf the DMR because it was by far the best weapon on one crappy map. There’s really no reason to nerf it. It would have been much better to just remove Hemorrhage than to nerf the DMR. If everybody has the same weapon at the start, then how is it overpowered? You have one too. Unless you’re one of those weirdos that runs around Hemorrhage with an AR, I don’t really get how it’s unfair. I’m glad the DMR can shoot that far. With such an open map like that, having no range on the DMR would be frustrating. That’s why Valhalla was so frustrating in Halo 3. The BR needed more range for huge maps, and the DMR did just that. Although, a RoF nerf wouldn’t be that awful. I just fear that the DMR will destroy the BR every single time, since they take the same amount of bullets to kill, but the DMR shoots faster AND is more accurate.

> > > > I said this in another thread recently but…
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > Hemmorage was broken due to DMR starts. And dont say it was too open, of course it was, had it been BR start it would be playable.
> > > > >
> > > > > You should NOT be able to spawn with a weapon that can fire across the map with Lazor precision.
> > > >
> > > > They say that it now has a slower ROF. I can only hope that they do not tear apart vehicle like they did in reach.
> > >
> > > The DMR doesn’t need to be nerfed, if you were to start with an AR on hemmorage then it would be worse then it already is.
> >
> > I never said it needed to be AR start, BR would be balanced perfectly. This is the scale i see in terms of effective range:
> >
> > Shotgun- AR- pistol- Br -DMR- Sniper
> >
> > For BTB we need BR starts. I would say pistol/AR start but i don’t think the Pistol is as great as it was, cant tell yet though.
>
> This is irrelevant as we don’t have “starts” now. We choose them.
>
> You want to avoid getting DMR’d from across the map? Make a load out specifically designed for that situation. Use the specializations and tactical packages to better suit the job you want to do.
>
> Also, remove the pistol from your little list.
>
> AR - BR - DMR

You cannot have a load out that counters getting dmred across the map. You could use one yourself but the. Everyone will just end up using it- and then the vehicle destruction will commence.

Hopefully a bit…