Has something changed?

Has the MCC matchmaking changed from the OG? Cause i have heard many stories about the games (i have never been able to play MP on the OGs except reach and that was so much fun) MPs and how awesome they were but I don’t understand as now they are full of sweats and it is frustrating to play then now. I am wondering if 343 messed up the SBMM in halo’s MP or if something else waa changed because it is…. Different….

also, what happened to all the elite modes in halo reach??!?!?
why did they take those out?!? Elite slayer was so much fun….

From what I remember seeing (take it with a grain of salt) was that they changed matchmaking up a bit around Reach’s release to MCC, I’ve been playing it since 2017 and from 17-19 it was a blast to play BtB, arena or infection since it was so casual and the teams felt evenly balanced, even felt that way when reach first arrived when invasion was recently added to MCC and still casually playable.

Move onto about 2 months after reach was added and the cursed XP system which encourages people to sweat for a digital number that means nothing plus good players starting to be punished by having to carry a team of new players or really bad ones against a party of sweats which is why I quit matchmaking and just stayed with customs or the casual dive into comp (which unironically feels more casual than Matchmaking) and sometimes infection (not reach since that’s a sweat-fest in its own)

Edit: Also of note when I tried OG H3 in 17 to see how it was it felt a lot more chill than MCC currently even though OG players stuck with the 360 version for that long

> 2535432765560174;1:
> also, what happened to all the elite modes in halo reach??!?!?
> why did they take those out?!? Elite slayer was so much fun….

I so want 4v4 Elite Slayer back into the rotation. And Slayer Pro too.

> 2533275019357130;3:
> > 2535432765560174;1:
> > also, what happened to all the elite modes in halo reach??!?!?
> > why did they take those out?!? Elite slayer was so much fun….
>
> I so want 4v4 Elite Slayer back into the rotation. And Slayer Pro too.

I had so much fun on og reach on elite slayer with the needler and active camo