Has movement/gameplay been confirmed?

Has it been confirmed yet if were going back to classic style movement and gameplay or current halo 5 gameplay?

Not to my knowledge, only thing that was confirmed was 4 player split screen and PC version will have things PC players would expect in PC games
They hinted at customization similar to reach and the how the infinite trailer was made also had ZETA written on it. So ZETA halo confirmed even though doesn’t match Halo 3’s ZETA halo. Oh and looks like Chief got a new AI with the AI serial number in the infinite trailer fully visible.
The playable elite question can was kicked down the road with it being neither confirmed or denied.

I really hope 343 takes the hint the players have been not-so-subtly dropping for the last six years and finally revert back to classic movement/gameplay. The old-school formula is what made Halo such a huge success in the past and the simplistic melee/grenades/weapons system could be what draws many fans, old and new, to Infinite.

> 2533274917158807;3:
> I really hope 343 takes the hint the players have been not-so-subtly dropping for the last six years and finally revert back to classic movement/gameplay. The old-school formula is what made Halo such a huge success in the past and the simplistic melee/grenades/weapons system could be what draws many fans, old and new, to Infinite.

I agree with this. Classic movement is far better for Halo than people realize.

Nothing is known about the gameplay at this point.

Nothing is known about how the game will play at the moment. All we have are glimpses at the art style and small details. Being realistic we can assume it will retain a similar gameplay style to H5, albeit toned down to remove certain spartan abilities (spartan charge comes to mind immediately).
If we want to be super hopeful we can assume a change back to classic movement - the core of what made Halo as good as it was before.

> 2533274917158807;3:
> I really hope 343 takes the hint the players have been not-so-subtly dropping for the last six years and finally revert back to classic movement/gameplay. The old-school formula is what made Halo such a huge success in the past and the simplistic melee/grenades/weapons system could be what draws many fans, old and new, to Infinite.

Classic movements and H2 BR

Not yet but if 343i really wants to make the majority of halo fans happy and bring back old fans that left they will make the game play like classic halo. It would make them more money (probably) if they make the game play like classic halo. If I would imagine what they would use as a base would be Halo 3 (most likely) or use H2A as a base (I dobt it).

If we don’t get complete classic gameplay, I hope that we can at least have Spartan Charge and Ground Pound removed. There is not a word that can describe the stupidity of these abilities in my opinion.

> 2533274917158807;3:

The amount of classic Halo games being made at the moment really proves this. The original gameplay was so iconic that people are actually making their own since 343 won’t provide it. There’s Halo Online, which had 10k online immediately after releasing before being practically silenced by microsoft. For a game that only spread by word of mouth and no marketing that’s saying something. There’s Installation 01 which is looking amazing, this one I can’t wait for. There’s also Project Contingency and Glassed. The community has missed it for too long and took it upon themselves to fill the void that exists.

343 would make a big mistake imo if they don’t aim to pull in this massive group of enthusiasts, because if they don’t provide a product this group can get behind they now have options and those still around aren’t going to stay if they are frustrated once again.

Personally I am in a weird spot, I actually like the movement in h5 and the classic, so I personally could care less either way. If they go with modern keeo sprinting the same, sliding, and maybe clamber. Thrusting I’d be ok with but wouodnt mind if it left. Spartan charge and ground pound were cool but I feel like they didnt fit for some reason.

With the tidbits of info we do have like split screen, reach customization. And them merging classic and modern art style really has me hyped. On a side note there were rumors that the next gen xbox was coming out (scarlett) and h6 would be on that and not xb1 but I feel they kinds confirmed it’ll be on xb1. If it was on next gen console only I’d be a little upset cuz I’m not ready to buy a new one.