Has Halo Really Died?

Is it true? 343 will no longer make Halo games? Have Trashnite and Bland of Duty really taken this franchise down?

Mod Edit:

https://twitter.com/Halo/status/1616918614254157828?t=7fpD_WWJhvaG7p79YkX7Ew&s=19

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

9 Likes

Nah man, the mishandling of 343 has taken down halo but now it can rest and recover

4 Likes

4 Likes

Halo has not died, halo is going to live on with new developers, 343 has had their fair share of trouble handling halo but a lot of people have their own opinions about infinite, I feel like this game was truly a return to form, halo 4 was different, halo 5 was worse imo, I’ve actually had alot of fun with infinite and why would they just throw away a game with great mechanics instead of just improve upon them. Halo is not dying,

4 Likes

Halo Infinite is NOT a return to form, it is a complete failure because it chose to chase trends and appease nostalgic fanboys and YouTubers and eSports players.

11 Likes

It’s the most “halo” game 343 has made so yes, return to form, halo 4 and 5 were NOT halo

4 Likes

Most doesn’t mean it actually got there.Its far from a halo game. It just has a halo coat of paint.

4 Likes

1 Like

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

https://twitter.com/Halo/status/1616918614254157828?t=7fpD_WWJhvaG7p79YkX7Ew&s=19

This topic was automatically opened after 32 hours.

I don’t think Halo is dead. The last time I checked the Xbox most played list Infinite was at #20. Sure not great but not dead either. When I play infinite I never have trouble finding games in multiplayer. The future isn’t looking to great but who knows what the future holds. Infinite has some good bones so to speak. The game mechanics are great… If they can manage to make some way better multiplayer maps, come up with better events, a better unlock/xp system. They could have a pretty solid game multiplayer wise. Campaign will need a ton of help though, hopefully they drop the open world stuff and go back to a linear campaign.

1 Like

I think at this point, Halo is dead.

It seemed to have died with Reach. Halo 4 had some potential, but then it quickly worn out. Halo 5 was a far cry from what the game was. It just has its name, but it was anything but.

Halo Infinite seem to have gotten back on the right track. However, that seem to have died afterwards, with the fans being disappointed in 343’s efforts, yet again. Now, with the developers leaving, this might be the end of the road for Halo as we know it.

Halo will never die.

1 Like

For context imagine how bad a place Nintendo would have to be in for them to issue the statement “Mario is here to stay.”

HALO Infinite for me is one of the best HALO.
I know it’s different for a lot of people, but for me it’s a masterpiece.

But it was clear that 343 wouldn’t listen to the community.
It happened in Japan.
Audio director Mr. Toshima destroyed the community by changing the original trilogy’s master chief voice actor from Mr. Tani to Mr. Koyama.
He is leaving 343 during this time of staff cuts, he apologized on his blog. But lost time never comes back.
I don’t hold a grudge against him, but it’s true that 343 doesn’t listen to the community.

In HALO WARS2, there is a defect in the save data,
While recognizing that there are many errors such as game synchronization errors often occur
We shut out the community’s requests without any awareness of protecting the reliability of the product.

Even if 343 itself remains, what should be protected with the highest priority is quality.
There is no doubt that the people who had no intention of protecting it ended up destroying HALO.

1 Like

1 Like

Halo needs some chicken noodle soup. Seriously, jokes aside, Halo needs time AWAY from the spotlight as does 343 in order to figure out their next step. With the layoffs future projects won’t come as easy to 343 as they used to.

I’m more than willing to give each and every title a fair chance because I believe every new game deserves a fair shot to shine, but man, I’m not spending 60$ on the next title unless I know it will be more like Reach and less like whatever Infinite was supposed to be.