Has Halo lost its casual players?

Ever since Halo 5 came out, I’ve had mixed feelings about it. One of the things that I’ve noticed are that it is leaning more towards E-Sports than ever before. Halo used to be a game that I would pick up every so often to have some social fun, and I knew that I would have a good time. Nowadays you need dedication to even stand a chance in Warzone, and be lucky that you are paired with a good team in Arena, to even enjoy it without raging due to constantly losing. I’m aware that this isn’t really new to the Halo multiplayer, but it never really was a problem until the new installment. I’m also aware that they are adding social playlists. I would like to see what you will think Halo’s future will be, and whether or not it will return to what it was before.

Yes, a total loss to me

looking at past populations in certain playlists: Doubles, Action Sack, BTB, Grifball and Infection have always maintained high numbers

for 343i to make Halo 5 look like its a competitve arena game they have to keep their Arena population numbers high

the lack of “fun playlists” and game options prevent players from using forge to make maps/games that will take players away from their Arena/Warzone

the term “social playlist” has lost its original meaning and now just means “unranked” in H5

there is no TRUE social playlist in H5 because that would mean ppl are having fun and engaging with other players in a positive way.

i am working on a husky raid variant and a personal creation called “Platforming” but they cannot be included until we have random weapon starts and oddball

Yes

Sadly, I fell this as well…

i hope they lost its casual players

back to the competitive halo 3 days yesssss

> 2533274837711938;6:
> i hope they lost its casual players
>
> back to the competitive halo 3 days yesssss

Halo 3 had loads of casuals too. Halo 3 introduced a legitimate Infection game mode. And Grifball. Wut

> 2533274837711938;6:
> i hope they lost its casual players
>
> back to the competitive halo 3 days yesssss

Casual is what Halo was for, I guess not anymore. now people are gana say “go play halo ya tryhard!” Sigh…

Warzone is filled with virtually nothing but casuals. So is BTB. I do not see any shortage of everyday regular players.

No the game is filled with casuals in warzone every day.

> 2533274913088112;1:
> Ever since Halo 5 came out, I’ve had mixed feelings about it. One of the things that I’ve noticed are that it is leaning more towards E-Sports than ever before. Halo used to be a game that I would pick up every so often to have some social fun, and I knew that I would have a good time. Nowadays you need dedication to even stand a chance in Warzone, and be lucky that you are paired with a good team in Arena, to even enjoy it without raging due to constantly losing. I’m aware that this isn’t really new to the Halo multiplayer, but it never really was a problem until the new installment. I’m also aware that they are adding social playlists. I would like to see what you will think Halo’s future will be, and whether or not it will return to what it was before.

Only time will tell, they did make more money on opening week than any other Halo (and no, the consoles didn’t make up an extra $100,000,000 in sales). Retaining players will be the challenge. I do not believe that 343i wants to lose the casuals and will try to prevent that from happening. Gearing Halo 5 for esports does not make it any less of a great game for casuals either. It just means the game is trying to be well balanced with a high skill cap.

I think the casual players such as myself will still play Halo 5 MP, the Spartan Companies opened up for the more serious players on organized teams. They lose too much revenue if the casual players were left behind. Time (Working 9-5 job) prevents me from being a serous non-casual player, but I’ll always enjoy the competition that it brings. I just try to help where I can towards victory which is a blast. Can’t say that using a ghost or a scorpion is my specialty but it’s fun just blasting away at the enemy. Sure I’m not on very competitive teams most of the time, but it’s fun being placed in a session where the enemy has a lead and you’re doing everything to catch up. Or being in one of those back and forth games where it comes down to the last shot where your you’ll win or lose by less than 10 points, to me those are the best games.