Has Halo 5 got the best Gun balancing ?

So as i stated does Halo 5 have the best Gun balancing in gaming history? For me no it doesn’t, but i ask you do you think halo 5 has the best gun balancing in gaming history if so tell me yes or no and explain why please

comment below

see you on the battlefield spartans

(Screw farmers)

I don’t think so some weapons are way to op and with halo 5’s small maps you don’t have to worry about engaging in long range combat (I’m looking at you Strom rifle)
I don’t think it’s the worst but it’s definitely not the best

I can’t speak for all of gaming as I pretty much only stick to Halo. But it has the best as far as Halo is concerned. Every weapon is useful now and fills it’s purpose. Halo is no longer a one weapon game so to speak. It’s probably the one thing they really nailed about the multiplayer.

Not even close, the large number of small maps coupled with insane weapons like the storm rifle/ SMG(not to mention the not so sleeper op AR) makes precision weapons outclassed in Halo 5 which is laughable in a Halo game. But ya just have to keep pleasing those casuals 343 :wink:

> 2535418056251110;4:
> Not even close, the large number of small maps coupled with insane weapons like the storm rifle/ SMG(not to mention the not so sleeper op AR) makes precision weapons outclassed in Halo 5 which is laughable in a Halo game. But ya just have to keep pleasing those casuals 343 :wink:

And if I’ve played since CE yet like having automatics that actually useful in CQB? I think them having a headshot multiplier is a bit overkill, but I’d take this AR over 3’s or Reach’s anyday.

> 2533274881560701;5:
> > 2535418056251110;4:
> > Not even close, the large number of small maps coupled with insane weapons like the storm rifle/ SMG(not to mention the not so sleeper op AR) makes precision weapons outclassed in Halo 5 which is laughable in a Halo game. But ya just have to keep pleasing those casuals 343 :wink:
>
> And if I’ve played since CE yet like having automatics that actually useful in CQB? I think them having a headshot multiplier is a bit overkill, but I’d take this AR over 3’s or Reach’s anyday.

It’s not about them being %100 able to kill, it’s about slowly forcing the enemy into cover while you try to find a better weapon.

No, not even by Halo standards, in fact out of ALL the Halo games Halo 5 has the MOST broken weapon balancing. Halo isn’t meant to be fast-paced, it’s supposed to be a tactical Sci-fi FPS, meaning slow paced. Perhaps if the maps were actually campaign sized then my answer would be different, but let’s look at some of the weapons, The Answer, Halo 2 Beam Rifle Delta, Nornfang, Spnkr Prime, the list goes on. These weapons along with even the basic loadout weapons are completely unbalanced as the point of loadout weapons is to repel enemies, but not quite enough to kill them consistently, something Halo 4 almost got right ‘cough’ boltshot was broken ‘cough’. But still I can’t help but feel that the people who claim Halo 5 has the best weapon balancing don’t really know what HALO weapon balancing is compared to every other FPS game out there.

> 2535434457651384;6:
> > 2533274881560701;5:
> > > 2535418056251110;4:
> > > Not even close, the large number of small maps coupled with insane weapons like the storm rifle/ SMG(not to mention the not so sleeper op AR) makes precision weapons outclassed in Halo 5 which is laughable in a Halo game. But ya just have to keep pleasing those casuals 343 :wink:
> >
> > And if I’ve played since CE yet like having automatics that actually useful in CQB? I think them having a headshot multiplier is a bit overkill, but I’d take this AR over 3’s or Reach’s anyday.
>
> It’s not about them being %100 able to kill, it’s about slowly forcing the enemy into cover while you try to find a better weapon.

Heh, in Halo 3 and Reach the AR was essentially ‘poke your opponent while they beat you to death or get out of your effective range.’

I think Halo 5 in general is a bit too fast overall, and I think automatics are too good even for the faster sandbox, but I’d rather not see them go back to Halo 3 levels of suck. They need to have a slightly longer bodyshot TTK (one or two extra shots to kill on the AR, SMG, and Storm Rifle), slightly less red reticle range, and removal of the Headshot multiplier (which should only be on precision weapons imo.) That’d increase their time to kill and decrease mid-range effectiveness while their forgiving automatic nature and damage output would still be reasonable within 15 meters or so. That’s how I’d change then within the H5 sandbox, and time will tell how H6 does with combat pacing.

I do agree that Halo 5 is too fast and that Halo should be slowed down some, but at the same time, Automatics need to be (just a bit) better than 3 and Reach.

where did that came from? Well, at least it made me smile. H5g seems to have the most unbalanced weapon system in a while.

> 2535434457651384;7:
> No, not even by Halo standards, in fact out of ALL the Halo games Halo 5 has the MOST broken weapon balancing. Halo isn’t meant to be fast-paced, it’s supposed to be a tactical Sci-fi FPS, meaning slow paced. Perhaps if the maps were actually campaign sized then my answer would be different, but let’s look at some of the weapons, The Answer, Halo 2 Beam Rifle Delta, Nornfang, Spnkr Prime, the list goes on. These weapons along with even the basic loadout weapons are completely unbalanced as the point of loadout weapons is to repel enemies, but not quite enough to kill them consistently, something Halo 4 almost got right ‘cough’ boltshot was broken ‘cough’. But still I can’t help but feel that the people who claim Halo 5 has the best weapon balancing don’t really know what HALO weapon balancing is compared to every other FPS game out there.

You listed WZ weapons. WZ isn’t supposed to be balanced on purpose.

> 2535434457651384;7:
> No, not even by Halo standards, in fact out of ALL the Halo games Halo 5 has the MOST broken weapon balancing. Halo isn’t meant to be fast-paced, it’s supposed to be a tactical Sci-fi FPS, meaning slow paced. Perhaps if the maps were actually campaign sized then my answer would be different, but let’s look at some of the weapons, The Answer, Halo 2 Beam Rifle Delta, Nornfang, Spnkr Prime, the list goes on. These weapons along with even the basic loadout weapons are completely unbalanced as the point of loadout weapons is to repel enemies, but not quite enough to kill them consistently, something Halo 4 almost got right ‘cough’ boltshot was broken ‘cough’. But still I can’t help but feel that the people who claim Halo 5 has the best weapon balancing don’t really know what HALO weapon balancing is compared to every other FPS game out there.

So you’re judging Halo 5’s sandbox through REQs that aren’t in the competitive aspect of the game?

Might as well bring up Blaze of Glory, bladed Loadout weapons, Prophet’s Bane, and Tartarus’s Gavel.

Or just any weapon + Damage Boost

Every gun is viable… I’d say things are pretty balanced.

Auto’s too powerful? Thrust backwards… it’s easy to beat them with a ranged weapon if you play your encounters correctly, and that’s how it should be.

It certainly has the best weapon balance of any game I’ve ever played. This is the first game where I don’t feel like a single weapon is useless, even the boltshot!

Mostly yes all weapons in the game now serve a purpose in the game and not a single weapon is borderline useless. The reason why I said “mostly” is that the autos need a slight tweak in terms of damage and the AR headshot multiplier needs to go away and that’s not counting the REQ variants of each weapon.

H5 has the best Arena weapon balance of any of the Halos.

Each weapon is lethal in its own niche. No one weapon dominates at all ranges. Utility weapons function appropriately as utilities, and not as a one-gun-that-dominates-every-other-gun.

I may Hate Sprint But I’m NOT a fan of the AR along with other autos becoming damn Nerf Guns. " The AR is supposed to force people into Cover"

No. If you’re having such a hard time with Someone Autoing you then maybe you need to actually Work on your BR Accuracy instead of blaming a weapon that STILL loses to 4/5 shot Precision rifles like it’s nothing, Since you know it’s such a better weapon and everything.

If someone honestly out AR’s you, with This magnitude of precision Aim assist, The deserve every second of it.

To my self, in others halo the weapons of the ground were adornment, they were worth nothing. In this they are worth if it is used well. Anyway a gun or an RB wins an AR if it is known to shoot well for example. For me the RB is still the best weapon, both for long range and short

> 2533274816788253;3:
> I can’t speak for all of gaming as I pretty much only stick to Halo. But it has the best as far as Halo is concerned. Every weapon is useful now and fills it’s purpose. Halo is no longer a one weapon game so to speak. It’s probably the one of the many things they really nailed about the multiplayer.

This is pretty much exactly what I’d say, but I added something in bold :slight_smile:

> 2533274883994189;1:
> So as i stated does Halo 5 have the best Gun balancing in gaming history? For me no it doesn’t, but i ask you do you think halo 5 has the best gun balancing in gaming history if so tell me yes or no and explain why please
>
> comment below
>
> see you on the battlefield spartans
>
> (Screw farmers)

I don’t know about best gun balancing in gaming history! as there have been A LOT of games in history lol… but out of the Halo games, I actually think it might be. Taking Arena only here obviously, I think all the guns are pretty visible which I like. I do think the autos are a bit over powered though. For me, the autos need to lose there zoom bonuses, as in they shouldn’t be able to zoom at all. Weapons like the SMG, Strom rifle and SAW are SO strong even at mid range it’s insane and that’s all thanks to the zooming.

> 2533274833081329;11:
> > 2535434457651384;7:
> > No, not even by Halo standards, in fact out of ALL the Halo games Halo 5 has the MOST broken weapon balancing. Halo isn’t meant to be fast-paced, it’s supposed to be a tactical Sci-fi FPS, meaning slow paced. Perhaps if the maps were actually campaign sized then my answer would be different, but let’s look at some of the weapons, The Answer, Halo 2 Beam Rifle Delta, Nornfang, Spnkr Prime, the list goes on. These weapons along with even the basic loadout weapons are completely unbalanced as the point of loadout weapons is to repel enemies, but not quite enough to kill them consistently, something Halo 4 almost got right ‘cough’ boltshot was broken ‘cough’. But still I can’t help but feel that the people who claim Halo 5 has the best weapon balancing don’t really know what HALO weapon balancing is compared to every other FPS game out there.
>
> So you’re judging Halo 5’s sandbox through REQs that aren’t in the competitive aspect of the game?
>
> Might as well bring up Blaze of Glory, bladed Loadout weapons, Prophet’s Bane, and Tartarus’s Gavel.
>
> Or just any weapon + Damage Boost

Again ALL of these weapons CAN AND ARE used in the Arena aspect as well, and I also said that the loadout weapons are broken too, try reading the whole thing carefully next time.