Has Halo 5 changed much since launch?

I hadn’t played it in about 5 years until this week so I can’t honestly remember what it was like.

Massively in regards to game content and in the quality of the systems behind its matchmaking.

> 2775209234672000;2:
> Massively in regards to game content and in the quality of the systems behind its matchmaking.

What sort of things have they changed? Is there a good place to read major changes?

I want to play objective but I think arena will be too much for me when I’m finding my feet.

> 2533274801036271;3:
> What sort of things have they changed? Is there a good place to read major changes?

Content-wise you can get some good information from reading THESE (start at the bottom and work your way up the page).

And if you feel super motivated you could page through all the Feedback Threads that Josh Menke created and had discussions within to get an idea of all the background improvements made to the matchmaking system since 2017. There were tons.

> I want to play objective but I think arena will be too much for me when I’m finding my feet.

If the population is healthy enough throughout the skill spectrum at the time of your match searches you should be fine. The problem is that at this point in time within the game’s lifecycle the population health isn’t very good, but at least its good enough to create matches. In the end, you just got to get a bit lucky with the matchmaking.

Just realize that the Team Arena playlist modifies some of the settings to be more competitive than generally found in most other playlists. For instance, it’s pistol starts only, the Ground Pound & Spartan Charge mechanics are turned off, the Motion Tracker is swapped out for the Abilities Tracker, and the maps are fine tuned for competitive tourney gameplay.

There is a rotational playlist called Core Play that possesses the same collection of mixed objectives, but with the more casual (typical) gameplay settings. Perhaps keep an eye out for it rotating in which can be done HERE. Beyond that the social environment also possesses the Big Team Battle playlist which features objective modes; though, it can sometimes be tougher to find balanced matches given the team sizes. Plus, a playlist called Roaming King, which is a great take on King of the Hill, rotates in and out in case that’s an objective you’re interested in. Oh, and the rotational Anniversary Throwback playlist offers a couple CTF modes amongst a ton of Slayer modes, but you’re playing on recreations of classic Combat Evolved maps and wielding the powerful M6D pistol. That’s a personal favorite of mine. Not to mention, there’s the H3 Classic Throwback playlist which removes all of the Halo 5 mobility options and gives you several objective modes to play on recreations of classic Halo 3 maps. And lastly, there’s a few King of the Hill modes within the rotational Action Sack playlist which are quite good. One is called Pig of the Hill and I’m forgetting the other one or two.

> 2775209234672000;4:
> > 2533274801036271;3:
> > What sort of things have they changed? Is there a good place to read major changes?
>
> Content-wise you can get some good information from reading THESE (start at the bottom and work your way up the page).
>
> And if you feel super motivated you could page through all the Feedback Threads that Josh Menke created and had discussions within to get an idea of all the background improvements made to the matchmaking system since 2017. There were tons.
>
>
> > I want to play objective but I think arena will be too much for me when I’m finding my feet.
>
> If the population is healthy enough throughout the skill spectrum at the time of your match searches you should be fine. The problem is that at this point in time within the game’s lifecycle the population health isn’t very good, but at least its good enough to create matches. In the end, you just got to get a bit lucky with the matchmaking.
>
> Just realize that the Team Arena playlist modifies some of the settings to be more competitive than generally found in most other playlists. For instance, it’s pistol starts only, the Ground Pound & Spartan Charge mechanics are turned off, the Motion Tracker is swapped out for the Abilities Tracker, and the maps are fine tuned for competitive tourney gameplay.
>
> There is a rotational playlist called Core Play that possesses the same collection of mixed objectives, but with the more casual (typical) gameplay settings. Perhaps keep an eye out for it rotating in which can be done HERE. Beyond that the social environment also possesses the Big Team Battle playlist which features objective modes; though, it can sometimes be tougher to find balanced matches given the team sizes. Plus, a playlist called Roaming King, which is a great take on King of the Hill, rotates in and out in case that’s an objective you’re interested in. Oh, and the rotational Anniversary Throwback playlist offers a couple CTF modes amongst a ton of Slayer modes, but you’re playing on recreations of classic Combat Evolved maps and wielding the powerful M6D pistol. That’s a personal favorite of mine. Not to mention, there’s the H3 Classic Throwback playlist which removes all of the Halo 5 mobility options and gives you several objective modes to play on recreations of classic Halo 3 maps. And lastly, there’s a few King of the Hill modes within the rotational Action Sack playlist which are quite good. One is called Pig of the Hill and I’m forgetting the other one or two.

Was a very good read, thank you for helping me! It looks like they have some really good tweaks for competitive so hopefully this system is implemented into Halo Infinite as I like how it works.

As much as I loved 1-50 it doesn’t work as well as you want it to.

some good and bad.the bad mess with some the weapons strength.they added some maps

no I think the menu never changed in halo 5.