Has Halo 4 done this to you?

I love Halo CE and 4 to death, but ever since spoiler: Cortana died, I haven’t been able to play CE, at all. Her death has killed my desire to play this game. How can I fix this? I cry every time I think of her, and she is very present in this game.

Cortina is pretty key… I bet she is in the Composer ready for Halo 5.

Hmm, i’d put “SPOILER” in the title if i were you, you don’t give much a chance for someone to veer away from this thread by putting “spoiler” right next to “cortana died”.

But i don’t know, i don’t think we’ve seen the last of Cortana…

The whole point of her demise was to be emotional.

> Cortina is pretty key… I bet she is in the Composer ready for Halo 5.

Composer blew up.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

OP, are you a pu ssy? I hope you’re kidding because i would be so embarassed if i was your daddy

Spoilers

Actually, I think Cortana’s death was probably the best death ever in a video game. It was sad as hell, of course, but it’s just so beautifully done. Absolutely brilliant. But then again, I think she’s still alive somehow. 343 wouldn’t just write Chief’s last friend (well, last friend that we know from the games) off in the first game of the trilogy. They’ve said a million times that this trilogy will be about Master Chief finding his humanity, and I think we all saw in Halo 4 that Cortana is the one thing that humanizes him. Right after she died, the Chief was colder than ever, like he’d given up everything… “Our duty as soldiers is to protect humanity, whatever the cost…” He sounded so down when he said that.

I truly believe that Cortana will make a comeback, and I also think and HOPE that the Chief will have to make a decision between saving her or following orders. He already did that in Halo 4, but I’m thinking it’ll happen again with even bigger stakes on the line…

> This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
>
>
> *Original post. Click at your own discretion.
> OP, are you a pu ssy? I hope you’re kidding because i would be so embarassed if i was your daddy

You’re really mature, aren’t you. You felt absolutely no sadness with this ending? If not I truly feel sorry for you. How would you like to know a really good character for 10 years and then just have him/her…gone? Maybe I am a little over-the-top, but I just got attached to her over a decade. Jeez, lay off.

> I love Halo CE and 4 to death, but ever since spoiler: Cortana died, I haven’t been able to play CE, at all. Her death has killed my desire to play this game. How can I fix this? I cry every time I think of her, and she is very present in this game.

I feel sad every time I hear her talk too. :expressionless: We can only pretend she is alive at that moment in the game.

Maybe her death was the only way MC could fine his humanity? Discuss

> This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
>
>
> *Original post. Click at your own discretion.
> OP, are you a pu ssy? I hope you’re kidding because i would be so embarassed if i was your daddy

LOL

> > This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
> >
> >
> > *Original post. Click at your own discretion.
> > OP, are you a pu ssy? I hope you’re kidding because i would be so embarassed if i was your daddy
>
> LOL

Aren’t you the person who uploaded some Halo Wars soundtracks?

> Maybe her death was the only way MC could fine his humanity? Discuss

Cortana really did seem to flesh out chief more than he himself or his actions ever did. If you look at it in Halo CE-4, Cortana was a helluva lot more human than chief ever was. Chief never spoke but what, twenty sentences in CE? Yet Cortana was always commenting on the environment, chief’s tactics, his neural implants, and more.

> > Maybe her death was the only way MC could fine his humanity? Discuss
>
> Cortana really did seem to flesh out chief more than he himself or his actions ever did. If you look at it in Halo CE-4, Cortana was a helluva lot more human than chief ever was. Chief never spoke but what, twenty sentences in CE? Yet Cortana was always commenting on the environment, chief’s tactics, his neural implants, and more.

I agree with both of you.

I felt that loosing Cortana is what Master Chief needs at this point of his journey, especially if he is to discover his own humanity. I also found it fitting that up to this point his most important human characteristics were represented within and by an AI. Ironically, as a result of loosing that “machine”, he is made to loose the most human sides of himself.

Hopefully this loss will make him realize that he is…not a machine…not a soldier…not just a spartan…but a human.

And to be honest, I’m still hoping that his reward in a later game will be a possible reunion with a transformed Cortana.

=d

Nope, what’s stopped me going back to CE:A (and the other Halos - aside from 3 to finish the Heroic runthrough I started to gear me up for 4) is that I’m having too much fun in 4 :slight_smile:

I certainly think/hope that Cortana, the Cortana not just a Cortana, will return to us somehow.

It sucked seeing her go, if she is actually gone. Hopefully there’s a chance she’s still around since she’s one of the best characters in this series, if not at times the best.

Wasn’t there another half of Cortana that stayed with Dr. Halsey in Reach to decipher more Forerunner glyphs or something like that? I recall seeing two halves, one to stay with Halsey, the other to go with the Master Chief. If that was the case, then there is probably going to be a “reunion”, but not the sort John would be hoping for. Her other half never met him, so it’ll be like they met for the first time.

> > This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
> >
> >
> > *Original post. Click at your own discretion.
> > OP, are you a pu ssy? I hope you’re kidding because i would be so embarassed if i was your daddy
>
> You’re really mature, aren’t you. You felt absolutely no sadness with this ending? If not I truly feel sorry for you. How would you like to know a really good character for 10 years and then just have him/her…gone? Maybe I am a little over-the-top, but I just got attached to her over a decade. Jeez, lay off.

What that guy said to the OP was idiotic and stupid but what you said was just as idiotic and stupid.

I feel the same way in weird sense. But, I don’t believe Cortana is really dead. She can’t be. Halo is just not the same without her.

I missed how good she looked in Halo 4. :wink:

HAY OOOH!!!