Has Forge actually been confirmed playable offline

I’ve read a few bits here and there but nothing that clearly states we’ll be able to create offline. It’s obviously a big deal to some folk including myself that we’re not merely renting what we create, so offline is a must. It just seems an assumption at this point unless it has been clearly stated already that we can use Forge entirely offline?

Anyone know for sure?

I doubt they will since they made custom games online only so I doubt they’d do the same for Forge.

> 2533274829873463;2:
> I doubt they will since they made custom games online only so I doubt they’d do the same for Forge.

Yeah I’m not too confident especially as you can’t even load in a multiplayer map to explore. Crazy though because it means a lot of the more serious creators may not go near it for fear they wont be able to keep their creations down the line. For a lot of folk it’s not even a problem of not being online but rather the stuff you create in Forge doesn’t really belong to you anymore if you can’t potentially get to it down the line

Ah well at least Project Spark allows for this

Everything runs on the thunderhead servers. No servers - no play play.

> 2533274792014876;4:
> Everything runs on the thunderhead servers. No servers - no play play.

Brilliant, guess I’m done then

I’m sure forge will e offline

Playing devil’s advocate: What would be the point of keeping forge maps beyond online play anyway? There’s no splitscreen or LAN. Your saves are on the cloud.

This is merely a symptom of the real issues.

Cant say for absolute certainty, but it looks like online only. You cant even load up custom games to run around the maps, or even look at/customise your spartan when not connected.

Its pretty stupid if you ask me, forge was one of those things I did all the time, especially when I wasn’t online. Just building junk and messing around with features and bugs to make something amazing happen, like the underwater forge space in Reach or infinite dominion turret gauntlets in 4.

Really hoping they change this.

> 2533274797640604;7:
> Playing devil’s advocate: What would be the point of keeping forge maps beyond online play anyway? There’s no splitscreen or LAN. Your saves are on the cloud.
>
> This is merely a symptom of the real issues.

This

If you are an offline player forge is redundant for you as you cant play it with anyone anyways, only downside is that if your internet is down then you have nothing to to do.

> 2533274797640604;7:
> Playing devil’s advocate: What would be the point of keeping forge maps beyond online play anyway? There’s no splitscreen or LAN. Your saves are on the cloud.
>

Seconded, but I don’t think you aren’t playing devils advocate but just speaking the truth =(

Not everyone forges maps to be played on. Remember Reach? There was a whole lot of forge art and faithful recreations of things from other media, had a Normandy SR1 that was pretty accurate inside and out. It was good fun wandering around the ship. Even forged an imperial lading craft in a death star hangar myself, did it while I was offline for a while. When I came back online, I uploaded it to my file share and it was the most popular download of the month.

> 2533274911198538;12:
> Not everyone forges maps to be played on. Remember Reach? There was a whole lot of forge art and faithful recreations of things from other media, had a Normandy SR1 that was pretty accurate inside and out. It was good fun wandering around the ship. Even forged an imperial lading craft in a death star hangar myself, did it while I was offline for a while. When I came back online, I uploaded it to my file share and it was the most popular download of the month.

In the basket of issues Halo 5 has and which portions of the fanbase to please, I’m sorry to say non-gameplay oriented forge art is probably near the bottom. That’s not to discount the work put into forge art, but I don’t think that would be a good argument relative to other reasons Halo should provide for offline/couch play.

> 2533274797640604;13:
> > 2533274911198538;12:
> > Not everyone forges maps to be played on. Remember Reach? There was a whole lot of forge art and faithful recreations of things from other media, had a Normandy SR1 that was pretty accurate inside and out. It was good fun wandering around the ship. Even forged an imperial lading craft in a death star hangar myself, did it while I was offline for a while. When I came back online, I uploaded it to my file share and it was the most popular download of the month.
>
>
> In the basket of issues Halo 5 has and which portions of the fanbase to please, I’m sorry to say non-gameplay oriented forge art is probably near the bottom. That’s not to discount the work put into forge art, but I don’t think that would be a good argument relative to other reasons Halo should provide for offline/couch play.

except it isn’t difficult to allow a game to play offline and save locally…

> 2533274855279867;14:
> > 2533274797640604;13:
> > > 2533274911198538;12:
> > > Not everyone forges maps to be played on. Remember Reach? There was a whole lot of forge art and faithful recreations of things from other media, had a Normandy SR1 that was pretty accurate inside and out. It was good fun wandering around the ship. Even forged an imperial lading craft in a death star hangar myself, did it while I was offline for a while. When I came back online, I uploaded it to my file share and it was the most popular download of the month.
> >
> >
> > In the basket of issues Halo 5 has and which portions of the fanbase to please, I’m sorry to say non-gameplay oriented forge art is probably near the bottom. That’s not to discount the work put into forge art, but I don’t think that would be a good argument relative to other reasons Halo should provide for offline/couch play.
>
>
> except it isn’t difficult to allow a game to play offline and save locally…

I’ve made no arguments against those.

I’m just saying their are arguments for these that are simply more important than Forge art.

> 2533274797640604;7:
>

Not to forget that the servers for Halo 5 theoretically will never be shut off, MS said multiple times that as soon as someone would try to play a game, the servers would spin up because everything is hosted in their Azure cloud.