Has Everyone Forgotten FUD?

I swear everyone forgot Forward Unto Dawn.

So it seems like everyone thinks that the Flood and Precursors are coming back or showing up. Another idea bouncing around is that the Didact and Cortana are not really dead. What if 343i doesn’t make like most companies, and leaves things dead instead of resurrecting them?

Then you look back to FUD and the rest of the Universe and realize that Insurrectionists played a huge part. Not to mention Karen Traviss’ novels have lead into them. On top of that 343i has stated that Halo 5 is going to be darker. Pretty hard to imagine it getting darker then having to kill humans,as far as humanity goes. That also opens a huge opportunity to see John’s reaction to going and killing humans.

The other big part would be Lasky and how much he despised the war with Insurrectionists. It might give him the opportunity to lead to a peaceful resolution and true unification of humanity.

I would love to see 343i swing the problem back to Human infighting. There is just so much that can be done there and there is far more then just a paragraph of allusion. You have some of the driving force behind Lasky, John being man or machine and being able to kill his fellow human, two new books that make reference to it along with all the rest of the books. Insurrection is what the Spartans were originally created for and have never really been dealt with in the games. Not to mention you have the Covenant remnants that could easily ally with the Insurrectionists.

There are so many “What If” scenarios to play from there with a solid backing in the canon. I would appreciate ideas and skepticism. This just seems like the most likely way to go for 343i because they can create plenty of new and original content, maintain canon, and still tie in plenty alien races.

I have not forgotten FUD. It was awesome! I wish that they continued it a little more. some fragments of the story confused me at first and was lacking in some parts of the series. Otherwise, I give great tribute to 343i for making a live-action series.

And Halo 5 being darker? I have a simple response to that: everything will fall onto the Chief’s lap: Cortana, the return of the Didact, the Insurrectionists, the Storm Covenant, possibly the Flood and/ or the Precursors, all happening progressively and I haven’t even played Halo 4 yet (sigh). He should start a business or hire a sidekick! hehehe, only joking. But anyway, I think that John is under enough mental stress from returning and making new enemies at once. Humanity is technically, though not all are entirely, evil and John is doing it under the most hazardous missions for the good of the people.

I know I am going to receive flak for this…

So what if… Naomi and the remainders of Blue Team side with the Innies and John has to go kill his former team?

What if Lasky and John side with the Innies and take Infinity with them?

What if John needs Halsey to save Cortana and ends up sparking a civil war in the UNSC over it? (Not just Innies vs. UNSC, but some of FLEETCOM vs. ONI)

What if, after Humanity is well and truly fractured Flood and/or Precursors strike and destroy Earth?

So many ways you could go with this angle…

look, the didact isnt dead. he fell into the slipspace portal underneath the composer

Hows is it a slipspace portal? Just looked like he fell into the composer to me. He could possibly come back as some sort of super Promethean Knight.

He’s immune to the Composer. He’ll be back as he was.

> He’s immune to the Composer. He’ll be back as he was.

Slipspace would tear the Didact apart.

> I know I am going to receive flak for this…
>
> So what if… Naomi and the remainders of Blue Team side with the Innies and John has to go kill his former team?

I hope not. Incredibly cliche and would be a butchering of Blue team’s characters.

Hope this doesn’t count as flak, just saying.

> > He’s immune to the Composer. He’ll be back as he was.
>
> Slipspace would tear the Didact apart.

Not really… how do you think Forerunner teleporters work?

The Insurrectionist War has been over for a while now. I don’t really want the Didact to come back either. I liked the illusion that all the Forerunners are dead. I definitely don’t want to see a bunch of Precursors running around. I think everyone has forgotten about Jul Mdama and his rebellion against the Arbiter.

> The Insurrectionist War has been over for a while now. I don’t really want the Didact to come back either. I liked the illusion that all the Forerunners are dead. I definitely don’t want to see a bunch of Precursors running around. I think everyone has forgotten about Jul Mdama and his rebellion against the Arbiter.

The Insurrectionist War never ended it just changed to the Covenant. Not to mention the UNSC let a lot of the outer colonies get glassed. There also seems to be a considerable amount of foreshadowing in Karen Traviss’ novels. I would agree that Mdama and his own rebellion would be interesting. However, I think that is more of a place for a book to tell the story.

I really think having the UNSC try to use the Master Chief to kill Insurrectionists would be a great way to delve even more into his character and his humanity.

Ultimately the Didact should be dead. John doesn’t miss and any time he has had the intent of killing something it dies. The first Halo being a prime example. John is the only one who escapes death.

> > Ultimately the Didact should be dead. John doesn’t miss and any time he has had the intent of killing something it dies. The first Halo being a prime example. John is the only one who escapes death.
>
> Sgt. Johnson? :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Anyways, the Didact is alive in one form or another. He narrated the post credits sequence, after all.

>
> So what if… Naomi and the remainders of Blue Team side with the Innies and John has to go kill his former team?
>
> What if Lasky and John side with the Innies and take Infinity with them?
>
> What if John needs Halsey to save Cortana and ends up sparking a civil war in the UNSC over it? (Not just Innies vs. UNSC, but some of FLEETCOM vs. ONI)
>
> What if, after Humanity is well and truly fractured Flood and/or Precursors strike and destroy Earth?
>
> So many ways you could go with this angle…

When discussing the direction the series may go with my friend I also had this thought. In my minds eye I pictured an aged helmet-less John leading a group of rebels against The “Evil Empire”.

I guess I want an excuse to shoot at Spartan IV’s during the campaign lol.

Why is everyone thinking the Didact’s dead? You hear his voice in the Epilogue.

> Hows is it a slipspace portal? Just looked like he fell into the composer to me. He could possibly come back as some sort of super Promethean Knight.

The composer is the big thing in the middle of the two beams. You know, the thing that the Didact took from the facility. Nor from the composer comes two beams. One goes up to Earth and hits New Phoenix, turning people in to data. The other beam goes down in to the Slipspace event and transports the collected data somewhere to make more Knights. This could be Requiem since in the terminals he makes the Knights there or another Forerunner place. The Didact fell in to the slipspace event, with his working armour, so I bet he got transported somewhere and is still alive. He might have been hurt, but alive. That’s how it’s a slipspace portal anyway, Cortana even said it when you float towards it.

Yes, the Didact is speaking in the epilogue. However he is speaking to other Forerunners. He even states, “We are hopeless to stop it”. The “it” being the Reclamation. Why are the Forerunners hopeless to stop it? Because they are all dead now. It is a dead Didact speaking to other dead Forerunners.

I say the Didact is speaking to other Forerunners because he is talking about standing before others and being accused of crimes. Didact is dead or with the rest of the Forerunners wherever they disappeared off to.

If he is with the rest of them and they are all alive then I am going to say that it leaves an opening for the end of Halo 5/ beginning of Halo 6 to have him come back with more help.

My main point is there has to be some fighting to happen to weaken humanity and leave it open to getting hurt in 5. That way in 6 we come back and win it all. Insurrectionists are a huge part of the back-story and one that has never been vetted in the games.

Sgt Maj Johnson is dead and was on our side, anything opposing the Chief has died. The only lucky thing he had was surviving the Flood; which he did because of some BA combat with a crate full of plasma grenades and then him denying medical treatment for the radiation poisoning.

Just a small little edit to your post, being that Johnson survived because of his training and such during Project ORION (Read: basically Spartan I). The Boren’s Syndrome/plasma grenade crate story was a coverup.

I’m not particularly worried about forerunners bearing whatever might they have left (Possibly the Master Builder and crew?), I’m mostly worried about something darker, and more destructive than the flood… but only time will tell.

>
>
> What if Lasky and John side with the Innies and take Infinity with them?
>
> What if John needs Halsey to save Cortana and ends up sparking a civil war in the UNSC over it? (Not just Innies vs. UNSC, but some of FLEETCOM vs. ONI)
>
> What if, after Humanity is well and truly fractured Flood and/or Precursors strike and destroy Earth?
>
> So many ways you could go with this angle…

Not necessarily flak, in my opinion, the story may go in many directions, but somebody, technically speaking is out to get them, and so on. I wouldn’t be shocked if MC, Lasky, etc. joined the Innies or anyone fighting over an A.I. seems a little bit childish, and I think that there would be mistrust between the Spartans and them, but hey, I am totally not against it. I do not trust ONI.

Not. One. Bit.

1 The insurrection is dead. It died when the covie war fleets bombarded their planets with plasma. they are not spartans they do not respawn they do not pass go and wont collect 200 dollars.

2 The diadact - Odds are his body is dead. But what so many seem to forget is the domain. They showned in campain that he can access it and it is still functional. If you want darker picture a bunch of prothean knights and covies attacking human worlds lead by a guy that distroyied humanity 1 time already and now cannot be killed by bullets of any weapon the cheif can use.

3 Precusers are likely dead. They final revenge upon the galaxy for their defeat was the flood. (the ultimate fu hand granade wouldnt you say?)

If any of you actually listened to the epilogue, you’d hear him say:

“I stand before you accused of a sin of ensuring Forerunner ascendancy. Of attempting to save us from this fate where we are forced to…recede. Humanity stands as the greatest threat in the galaxy. Refusing to eradicate them is a fool’s gambit. We squander eons in the darkness, while they seize our triumphs as their own. The mantle’s responsibility for all things belongs to Forerunners alone. Think my acts as you will, but do not doubt the reality. The reclamation has already begun, and we are hopeless to stop it.”

He’s talking about how he’s being tried for treason by trying to defend the Forerunners during the Human/Forerunner War! It’s him talking to whoever is putting him on trial! He’s dead. Leave it at that, guys.