Has anything been said about vehicle damage?

I wondered after PAX 2012 about this. Reach’s vehicle combat was very, very broken with the health system for vehicles. Also, it was annoying that you could destroy a Banshee with a Sniper Rifle easier than using a Rocketlauncher or Spartan Laser.

Halo 3’s vehicle combat was perfect and was balanced. No overpowered Sniper Rifle, and good Rocketlauncher.

SO

How’s going to be?

In short its like reaches. Normal weapons can still hurt vehicles but not as much as the DMR could in reach. The sniper rifle is anti material it SHOULD be able to hurt vehicles.

> In short its like reaches. Normal weapons can still hurt vehicles but not as much as the DMR could in reach. The sniper rifle is anti material it SHOULD be able to hurt vehicles.

In short they said in the bulletin that the vehicles are beefier now than they were in Reach.

> > In short its like reaches. Normal weapons can still hurt vehicles but not as much as the DMR could in reach. The sniper rifle is anti material it SHOULD be able to hurt vehicles.
>
> In short they said in the bulletin that the vehicles are beefier now than they were in Reach.

In short i did play at PAX. and i am stating my experiences.

> > > In short its like reaches. Normal weapons can still hurt vehicles but not as much as the DMR could in reach. The sniper rifle is anti material it SHOULD be able to hurt vehicles.
> >
> > In short they said in the bulletin that the vehicles are beefier now than they were in Reach.
>
> In short i did play at PAX. and i am stating my experiences.

in short i just wanted to say in short.

I really liked the vehicle health In Reach. I just didnt like how vehicles could be toppled over by a DMR. I didnt like how bad the splatters were. in fact i hated it. i didnt like how the wraith could shoot you off -____-

As long as its a more perfected version of reach im fine

> I wondered after PAX 2012 about this. Reach’s vehicle combat was very, very broken with the health system for vehicles. Also, it was annoying that you could destroy a Banshee with a Sniper Rifle easier than using a Rocketlauncher or Spartan Laser.
>
> Halo 3’s vehicle combat was perfect and was balanced. No overpowered Sniper Rifle, and good Rocketlauncher.
>
> SO
>
> How’s going to be?

I killed a Falcon with 4 shots from the Sniper Rifle. Got a triple kill. Just sayin’.

> The sniper rifle is anti material it SHOULD be able to hurt vehicles.

yes, but if it’s more effective to SNIPE a tank or a helicopter, than to fire a ROCKET at it, there’s a big problem
which is stated in Reach

> > > > In short its like reaches. Normal weapons can still hurt vehicles but not as much as the DMR could in reach. The sniper rifle is anti material it SHOULD be able to hurt vehicles.
> > >
> > > In short they said in the bulletin that the vehicles are beefier now than they were in Reach.
> >
> > In short i did play at PAX. and i am stating my experiences.
>
> in short i just wanted to say in short.
>
> I really liked the vehicle health In Reach. I just didnt like how vehicles could be toppled over by a DMR. I didnt like how bad the splatters were. in fact i hated it. i didnt like how the wraith could shoot you off -____-
>
> As long as its a more perfected version of reach im fine

That’s another question, will the Wraith have that powerful thruster?

> > > In short its like reaches. Normal weapons can still hurt vehicles but not as much as the DMR could in reach. The sniper rifle is anti material it SHOULD be able to hurt vehicles.
> >
> > In short they said in the bulletin that the vehicles are beefier now than they were in Reach.
>
> In short i did play at PAX. and i am stating my experiences.

In short…wait, ok you got me there. So the sniper still does decent damage against vehicles? I played at RTX but I only got to play on Haven.

> > The sniper rifle is anti material it SHOULD be able to hurt vehicles.
>
> yes, but if it’s more effective to SNIPE a tank or a helicopter, than to fire a ROCKET at it, there’s a big problem
> which is stated in Reach

It still takes a bunch of ammo to take down vehicles in Reach. Compare that to the one/two shot(s) vehicle-killing method of the rocket launcher.