Has anyone tried this

As with a lot of things Microsoft develops they bring out updates. Usually updates after updates sees the software get slow, clunky and bug ridden. wipe the software and reinstall it and it seems to work better again.We have had quite a few updates for the MCC now and It makes me wonder if that may be causing issues.

Since the last update has anyone completely removed MCC from their Xbox One, hard reset, reinstalled the game and download the extra content and updates again and hard reset their Xbox One again before trying to play the game to see if it improves performance.

Please share any success you may have had. If someone has done this and got positive results then I will give it a try too.

Nope, but you should try it and let us know.

> 2535467931753589;2:
> Nope, but you should try it and let us know.

Have not done that. If it fixes the stability of map-loading, let us know. Perhaps i will try that on monday so i can let it download while im at work.

> 2621068176009823;3:
> > 2535467931753589;2:
> > Nope, but you should try it and let us know.

We are not your guinea pigs in a lab. You try it then let us know.

> 2535419752757787;6:
> We are not your guinea pigs in a lab. You try it then let us know.

He hasn’t told anyone to do it. He was just asking if anyone had done this, and, if they have, if those people could share the results. Don’t be salty, brah.

> 2533274915643658;7:
> > 2535419752757787;6:
> > We are not your guinea pigs in a lab. You try it then let us know.
>
>
> He hasn’t told anyone to do it. He was just asking if anyone had done this, and, if they have, if those people could share the results. Don’t be salty, brah.

And I’m telling him to try it.

> 2621068176009823;3:
> > 2535467931753589;2:
> > Nope, but you should try it and let us know.

I would recommend not wasting your time doing this. Unless there was an error during the installation/updating process (which the Xbox should have detected), doing it all over again won’t change anything.

> 2533274793734669;10:
> I would recommend not wasting your time doing this. Unless there was an error during the installation/updating process (which the Xbox should have detected), doing it all over again won’t change anything.

This was my thought as well…

> 2533274793734669;10:
> I would recommend not wasting your time doing this. Unless there was an error during the installation/updating process (which the Xbox should have detected), doing it all over again won’t change anything.

Reinstalls sometimes fix problems with PC games. Why not Xbox games too?

> 2533274932105911;12:
> > 2533274793734669;10:
> > I would recommend not wasting your time doing this. Unless there was an error during the installation/updating process (which the Xbox should have detected), doing it all over again won’t change anything.
>
>
> Reinstalls sometimes fix problems with PC games. Why not Xbox games too?

True. Also clearing the cache on the 360 used to help a LOT of games. In fact you had to clear the cache to play the H3 beta.

I do remember clearing the cache 1 time on the X1 for Destiny. Worked a lot better after that. I should try that for TMCC. In all honesty I am just waiting for truly working ranked playlists, then I will play this game again. Hoping the April CU introduces those.

The only strange thing about clearing the cache on the X1 is that it gives you a strange message about deleting all local saves. But it does work with nothing to worry about.

> 2787272447958470;13:
> > 2533274932105911;12:
> > > 2533274793734669;10:
> > > I would recommend not wasting your time doing this. Unless there was an error during the installation/updating process (which the Xbox should have detected), doing it all over again won’t change anything.
> >
> >
> > Reinstalls sometimes fix problems with PC games. Why not Xbox games too?
>
>
> True. Also clearing the cache on the 360 used to help a LOT of games. In fact you had to clear the cache to play the H3 beta.
>
> I do remember clearing the cache 1 time on the X1 for Destiny. Worked a lot better after that. I should try that for TMCC. In all honesty I am just waiting for truly working ranked playlists, then I will play this game again. Hoping the April CU introduces those.
>
> The only strange thing about clearing the cache on the X1 is that it gives you a strange message about deleting all local saves. But it does work with nothing to worry about.

I still can’t find matches so I’m pretty desperate for a fix here. If you come up with anything, make sure to let us know.

> 2535419752757787;6:
> We are not your guinea pigs in a lab. You try it then let us know.

yeah ytf did he post tthis

> 2787272447958470;13:
> > 2533274932105911;12:
> > > 2533274793734669;10:
> > > I would recommend not wasting your time doing this. Unless there was an error during the installation/updating process (which the Xbox should have detected), doing it all over again won’t change anything.
> >
> >
> > Reinstalls sometimes fix problems with PC games. Why not Xbox games too?
>
>
> True. Also clearing the cache on the 360 used to help a LOT of games. In fact you had to clear the cache to play the H3 beta.
>
> I do remember clearing the cache 1 time on the X1 for Destiny. Worked a lot better after that. I should try that for TMCC. In all honesty I am just waiting for truly working ranked playlists, then I will play this game again. Hoping the April CU introduces those.
>
> The only strange thing about clearing the cache on the X1 is that it gives you a strange message about deleting all local saves. But it does work with nothing to worry about.

Yeah just clear you LOCAL cache, if you clear everything you will lose all your saves. Really you should do this after every update anyway. I have been doing that since update #1 and I was having better luck with the game than most people for quite some time there.

Coincidence??? Well yeah probably! :slight_smile: but it doesnt hurt to take the extra couple minutes

> 2535419752757787;6:
> We are not your guinea pigs in a lab. You try it then let us know.

He’s basically wanting more people to do it so we can get a good sample. You can’t draw any conclusions about anything with one data point. He isn’t even asking you to do it in the first place.