has anyone played a close game on reach?

like where it goes down to the wire with even teams and the final score is something like 50-49 or 50-48 or something? anytime that’s happend on reach its because some1 went -15 and we barely won, not because the game itself was competitive.

Can you tell me the point in creating a thread just to say “Reach sucks!”?

> Can you tell me the point in creating a thread just to say “Reach sucks!”?

i just wanna know if its just the games im getting put into or if it’s happening to everybody. and this happens pretty much every game with both teams in my experience, one person will go horribly negative and bring the whole team down.

Then use search restrictions…

Happens all the time.

48-50 is the quintessential halo match.

Nice embellishment though bro.

> Happens all the time.
>
> 48-50 is the quintessential halo match.
>
> Nice embellishment though bro.

you can honestly say that you’ve had close games where someone didn’t go horribly negative? i want to play what you’re playing then

Last night got up with a group of peeps and played around 10 games of swat together. Every single game was close.

> Last night got up with a group of peeps and played around 10 games of swat together. Every single game was close.

thanks, might try out swat then

i had a game a few days ago on halo 3, we lost 49-50, but the game was really competitive and close. our team went +1, 0, -2 not +4, +6, -11 like in reach. does that help clear up what i mean by “close” games?

Get some close games sometimes, but I think I have a replay of a normal slayer game that ended up 50-50 before the timer finished so was a tie :confused: only happened once

Go play MLG. Its either close, or you lose because your whole team goes negative. Not just one guy

its called mlg, where a majority of players are good (much better than any other playlist) and 4v4 premades give a lot more challenging matches then scrubbing kids in team slayer. 48-48 tie games coming down to the wire all the time with everyone having close scores, 4-4 or 2-2 flag matches, koth games that come down to whoever can get those last 10 seconds, etc.

Play in parties and with people you can rely upon. I’ve noticed when I’m paired with 4+ people we tend to get matched up with other parties and BTB games can get real close.

I haven’t experienced any close games today. I am done playing mp for today quite frankly Im just using reach to fill the void until Halo 4 comes out.

this might answer your question-http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/Career/HaloReach/GameHistory#/?game=1042534894&section=Unknown 50-49

Yeah, against a team of single digit Onyx players in Arena in S11.

I think I went +11 and the score was 49-49 on Powerhouse for a solid 2-3 minutes.

I went clutch for the last kill.

Yeah for me under the Team Slayer playlist that’s the majority of the games I’ve played. Every now or then you’ll get quitters either on my team or the other team. But mostly I’ve been in games where it’s been pretty close.

I’m finding a lot of close games.

I have had plenty of them.

Yes.

It was on radbar connection in Anniversary Classic on Penance, the rest of my team were lagging out over the course of the match and by the end it was just me. I spent a third of the match getting killed in five separate black screens.

Two guys on the other team were spawning with overshields.

Half the time I was just dropping dead and no one appeared to be in the match, spawned outside the level and insta-suicided on a few occasions.

Ended up with high 30ish kills and 15 deaths, match was 47/50.

Went into black screen when after match scoreboard came up and was still in it 5 minutes later. Finally back to menu after about 6 minutes and the match was never upped to Waypoint.

I got put on probation as well when I hadn’t played Reach for a month LOL.

Asked randy teammates was happened and they replied back they were all in indefinite black screen but could hear other people moving around and themselves being killed.

A game of SWAT.

Teams were up and down all game.

Eventually it came to 49-49

Blue had the upper Lobby on Sword Base

Red was hiding somewhere

All it took was one headshot.
So I looked down a corridor over a bridge, and saw a head.
Shot it and I knew he was just about to shoot me too.

I won. We won.
VICTORY TO THE BLUES!