Has anyone managed to Assassinate...

…every Grunt and Elite in the first section of the Spartan Ops Mission: Need to Know?

I’ve tried a couple of times now.

Getting the Zealot, and the Grunts on the way to him, is easy enough. The General took some timing but I managed to get him, but as I was working my way through the Grunts immediately near him, everyone just woke up. Then I saw a Minor shooting at me from the Plasma Turret. Tried getting him after Zealot but apparently I was too loud and a Grunt near him woke up.

In the new episode? Sounds like fun…haven’t been able to play it yet though…planning on it tomorrow

Turret guy always sees me, I only tried twice though.

Only time I played that one Solo I’m pretty sure they were all awake from the start - zero assassinations :frowning:

I’ve gotten everyone except the guy on the turret, he usually sees me kill the General I assume.

Didn’t even think to try this, then again, in a public matchmaking game, I’m lucky enough to just get an assasination.

> Only time I played that one Solo I’m pretty sure they were all awake from the start - zero assassinations :frowning:

I had it glitch out on me like that once.

But 9/10 they are all asleep, save for the Elites.

In theory it should be doable. The Elites are the only ones awake and there’s only three of them; Zealot at the control console by your way in, the General near the Zealot and the Minor on the far side. Once they are dead it’s a simple matter of walking up behind each Grunt and introducing Mr. Knifey to their brain stem.

Unless the game is just programmed so that they all wake up after X condition is met.

Almost. The farthest ive gotten is assassinating everyone save the people next to the turret.

> Only time I played that one Solo I’m pretty sure they were all awake from the start - zero assassinations :frowning:

If you sprint your way to the camp the enemies will not have gotten to there sleeping positions yet. Just walk there.

I think the intent for that portion is for you to move around to the right and glitch the computer system by killing the elite that is there. It wasn’t intended for you to assassinate all the enemies in the section.

use active camo and try beating them down, thats usually alot more quiet.

> > Only time I played that one Solo I’m pretty sure they were all awake from the start - zero assassinations :frowning:
>
> I had it glitch out on me like that once.
>
> But 9/10 they are all asleep, save for the Elites.
>
> In theory it should be doable. The Elites are the only ones awake and there’s only three of them; Zealot at the control console by your way in, the Warrior near the Zealot and the Storm on the far side. Once they are dead it’s a simple matter of walking up behind each Grunt and introducing Mr. Knifey to their brain stem.
>
> Unless the game is just programmed so that they all wake up after X condition is met.

Sorry to be -Yoink!- about this, it’s just that getting the ranks wrong bugs me for some reason. I had to alter this, for my own peace of mind.

I’m actually going to try to accomplish this later on tonight, though.

I was hammering out my backstab commendation using this level. I would do the 5 quick assassinations at the start and then select restart mission and do those 5 again.

Was hammering out the backstab commendation nicely then I got a little more brave and tried to branch out a little further. About an hour later I had completly revamed my loadout mobility/stealth/active cammo, about 15 mins later I assassinated the last guy in the cannon.

Needless to say I got the satisfaction of getting my backstab commendation and also the satisfaction of assassinating every one of those mofos.

ps. sometimes they get buggy and just wake up even tho you didnt make any noise. Sometimes you miss the assassination and melee them and they dont do anything except continue to sleep and let you assassinate them after the melee.

Enjoy and good luck, was very rewarding.

Haven’t tried. Interesting idea. What difficulty level?

Developers play Spartan Ops episode 6, mission 3.

They show what you can do if you play stealth, including calling the Covies’ airstrike on themselves.

i didnt get them all assassinated, but i came close and i think its probably possible… as for the elite at the top near the turret, i used active camo, ran up the side of the rocks so i could jump down into that back area where the elite walks back and forth from. I jumped onto his back and assassinated upon landing, it didnt wake the grunt near him, but i was unable to get the ‘middle’ elite without waking up the grunts.