Has anyone here ever captured the Fortress....

…After the enemy team took it? For every game I have been in so far on Stormbreak, it seems like whoever captures the base and Lochagos pretty much wins the match. There was a time where my team was so close to capturing it as most of the enemy team were gone fishing for Warden, but those odds slipped away when the enemy team came out from every direction in the fortress and REQ’d us all down. That was about all I can remember when there was an opportunity where we could have actually capture it, but I am interested to see if anyone here has had a successful attempt of capturing this thing.

I’ve seen it taken for my team and away from my team on multiple occasions.

It can be done but you’ve got to lure them out. If everyone is turtling in there it’s damn near impossible, but if you take 2 of the bases you can get a lot of then to leave and open up an opportunity, or just hold what you’ve got and win without it. You can also easily take just about any base once Warden spawns but by then it’s usually too late to decide the match by base points.

Yeah I took it when they were off to fight warden

I’ve taken it and had it taken. It requires coordination. It’s not like the armories where it can be brute forced. There are simply too many choke points for that kind of approach to that objective.

The Fortress changed possession 4 times yesterday in a game I played. My team ended up losing, but that’s not the point.

The best way to do it is to take both armories. The enemy team will most likely try to take the opposite base that you recently captured, and you can take advantage of that by taking the fortress. My friends and I did this yesterday.

Yes. None of the bases are impossible to recapture. The fortress is a little more difficult but doable.

Fortress is large with a lot of places to hide so it makes it difficult because where normally you kill everyone and start to capture before the enemy has respawned, now your still looking for that last people in the back so you haven’t even started the capture and the first wave of defenders are back.

Best tactic is to have a warthog outside between the small bases and the Fortress, this slows the enemy from getting back to you and you don’t have to leave the Fortress to kill people who are outside waiting to come in

I usually see a tank and warthog bring the pain then the team cleans up and caps it.

> 2533274827896316;3:
> It can be done but you’ve got to lure them out. If everyone is turtling in there it’s damn near impossible, but if you take 2 of the bases you can get a lot of then to leave and open up an opportunity, or just hold what you’ve got and win without it. You can also easily take just about any base once Warden spawns but by then it’s usually too late to decide the match by base points.

Yep pretty much tug and pull, but I hope people still don’t believe you get points when having a Base. There are no base points

tons of times. If you have team work, it is very hard not to succeed in warzone

I almost captured it single handedly one time. I was using camo and a sword, and the enemy team was distracted trying to get one of my team’s armory. Sadly one guy showed up in the last moment and killed me.

But in my experience, the Fortress is by far the hardest central base to change hands in Warzone. In addition, other than the Fortress, there is only one route from East Armory and West Armory, and it’s easily defendable, so who controls the Fortress pretty much controls the map. Even if the team without the Fortress manages to get both armories at least one armory at a time will be disputed and change hands frequently. Whoever has the Fortress has little to worry about losing all three bases.

March on Stormbreak is the most uneven map in the game, it’s easier to get results like 1000×300 there than in any other map.

Several times, even once single handedly with a shotgun.