Has anyone figured out how to tell HOST???

I was curious if anyone has figured out how you can tell if your the host of the match yet? I know in reach it was the reticule reset at spawn.

1.You kill people trought the wall
2.Your strafe is more faster
3.You need 3 more shoots to die (5 in the body)

In brief you are like an immortal god on that specifically game.

> 1.You kill people trought the wall
> 2.Your strafe is more faster
> 3.You need 3 more shoots to die (5 in the body)
>
> In brief you are like an immortal god on that specifically game.

Host isn’t nearly as bad as your making it.

You know your host when right when an ordinace drops and under it is like a spinning gold crosshair and it shows it for about 3 sec after it drops.

> You know your host when right when an ordinace drops and under it is like a spinning gold crosshair and it shows it for about 3 sec after it drops.

Has this been confirmed? I have heard this before and I have been trying to find out how to tell if you are host for a awhile now.

> You know your host when right when an ordinace drops and under it is like a spinning gold crosshair and it shows it for about 3 sec after it drops.

I saw this the other night and I was like WTF IS THIS??? I also went 36-20 on Haven with 500 points. So, definitely possible…

Its the person with the most kills…

Not sure, I haven’t been able to tell yet…
shame that there are no dedicated servers D:

It’s only noticable to me when the host has a poor net connection and instead of JUST him lagging, it’s every player/

When you quit out, you see the screen searching for a new host.

> When you quit out, you see the screen searching for a new host.

Yeah, but if you do that it’s a 75% chance your xbox will red ring

> When you quit out, you see the screen searching for a new host.

When you quit out? Spartans don’t quit soldier

If you’ve ever found yourself running around snagging longer than usual killstreaks while thinking “Holy Balls I’M A GOD!” - You were the host.

If you’ve ever found yourself running around getting capped from what seems to be incredibly difficult distances or angles while thinking “%#&@! DUDE IS CHEATING!” - He was the host.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Seems like the simple answer is that NOBODY KNOWS!

> If you’ve ever found yourself running around snagging longer than usual killstreaks while thinking “Holy Balls I’M A GOD!” - You were the host.
>
>
> If you’ve ever found yourself running around getting capped from what seems to be incredibly difficult distances or angles while thinking “%#&@! DUDE IS CHEATING!” - He was the host.
>
>
> Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

THIS!

> If you’ve ever found yourself running around snagging longer than usual killstreaks while thinking “Holy Balls I’M A GOD!” - You were the host.
>
>
> If you’ve ever found yourself running around getting capped from what seems to be incredibly difficult distances or angles while thinking “%#&@! DUDE IS CHEATING!” - He was the host.
>
>
> Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

The dude in question doesn’t exactly have to be host, but either way you wouldn’t be host in that scenario.

Like another person said, the spinny gold icon for ordnance drops seems to only be for hosts. Likewise, if the weapon icon appears in a timely fashion, and vanishes exactly when you pick it up, you’re host.

When the hell will Microsoft get with the times and do server-side hosting instead of player hosting?

You see, this is why we need a race gametype. At least on Reach and 3, people implemented the race gametype into numerous different host check maps

> > You know your host when right when an ordinace drops and under it is like a spinning gold crosshair and it shows it for about 3 sec after it drops.
>
> I saw this the other night and I was like WTF IS THIS??? I also went 36-20 on Haven with 500 points. So, definitely possible…

20 deaths? I would not be proud of that.

If you see almost all the ordnance weapons right when the game starts, then you’re host.