Has anyone ever noticed...

That in the level Composer, in the room with the hunters, if you go to the center of the room there are four white tubes, and inside of them are an activation index, a *monitor, and a disk with forerunner symbol. All possibly from installation 03.

> That in the level Composer, in the room with the hunters, if you go to the center of the room there are four white tubes, and inside of them are an activation index, a *monitor, and a disk with forerunner symbol. All possibly from installation 03.

Those are from the nearby Halo installation.

Didn’t see it. will look for it. thanks.

Just checked it out! Never noticed it before, pretty awesome find!

If you walk up to them and hold X, you will get to hear someone from Ivanoff station talk about them.

If you also go to the back room, there are two data pads on the table, holding X on them will play some dialogue from Doctor Halsey.

Activation Index Dialogue

TIM: OK… Specimen 2006…
Artifact is believed to be the Activation Index for Gamma Halo, based on the anecdotal information from Alpha and Delta Halo mission logs.
Key component in the activation and firing of the Halo weapon, a few of us have been speculating lately if it has a secondary and tertiary purposes as well.
Theories still forthcoming.

Forerunner ‘circle’ a.k.a. Specimen 815 Dialogue
DR. TILLSON: Specimen, 815, thought that’s a bit misleading as we’ve been seeing these things all over the Halo.
Icon is similar to other Forerunner glyphs, with the noted exception of a strong, vertical extrusion.
Going to send this to Linguistics, but… I don’t know. My gut’s telling me there’s something else here.

Monitor-looking device a.k.a. Specimen 1534
SCIENTIST: Speciment 1534. Initial findings suggest an imaging component, perhaps a piece of some large device or possible a vehicle of some sort.
Reticular hazing also implies use as a beam focuser; could have done double-duty as a weapon sight.
Passing off to SPEC-WAR for further testing.

Empty Tube
SYSTEM: I’m sorry. We are currently experiencing system-wide outages. If you require immediate assistance, contact Infrastructure, 048.

Data Pad in the back room with Doctor Halsey
DR. HALSEY: Catherine Halsey, personal observation - December 15, 2554.
While the survey craws examining Gamma Halo may be what pass for experts at ONI now, they are woefully out of their league for a task of this scale.
There has been one somewhat startling discovery, however.
One of the teams stumbled upon a device remarkably similar to the AI Matrix Compiler currently in use by the UNSC.
See as how I designed that particular compiler, this finding, needles to say, has piqued my curiosity.

Pretty interesting!

There’s also audio to go with each artifact. The point of the room is an artifact laboratory. There’s also a Halsey audio log in the adjoining room.

It isn’t a Monitor, according to Vociferous, “Can’t say exactly what it is, unfortunately, but it may or may not be the optical sensor conduit of a large Forerunner machine depicted in a few of our more recent novels.”

So…part of a War Sphinx?

> That in the level Composer, in the room with the hunters, if you go to the center of the room there are four white tubes, and inside of them are an activation index, a *monitor, and a disk with forerunner symbol. All possibly from installation 03.

I saw them…funny thing, i thought it was part of the level, as in look at it, then an new objective would appear. Its pretty interesting though. However, i don’t think its a monitor though.

Ya, i saw them in like December. There is also an audio log from Halsey in the room in the corner from 2553 i believe.

> It isn’t a Monitor, according to Vociferous, “Can’t say exactly what it is, unfortunately, but it may or may not be the optical sensor conduit of a large Forerunner machine depicted in a few of our more recent novels.”
>
> So…part of a War Sphinx?

Ooooo that would explain what it is then.

Off topic, I hope the War Sphinx appears later on in the games. That’d be slick to have.