Has 343i said anything about the flood?

I remember around this time on 2012 Frankie confirmed that we wouldn’t fight the flood in Halo 4 but nothing has been said about the flood in Halo 5, I have a feeling that they will be in this game but very late in the game and SPOILERS for those that haven’t read Escalation what if Blue team comes into contact with The Spirit Of Fire? should be interesting.
If the flood is not in Halo 5 then I bet that they will save them for Halo Wars 2.

I want the damn flood in this game its been awhile since they have been in a halo game not counting simulations/remakes.

Hopefully if the flood is in this game we won’t know until October 27.

I would hope the flood show up at some point, for all this backstory talking about the flood and how they’re “The greatest threat the galaxy has ever known” we sure haven’t seen them in quite a while.

Lol this makes me think back to the last time we had a game where we fight the Flood… Halo 3. Which was 8 years ago… I would like to seem them return.

They haven’t said anything about them in relation to Halo 5 but I have my hopes up that they’ll be in the game.

Cortana-ghost said the “Domain is open”.

The Domain is Precursor-related, who are now the Flood.

So the Flood are, in a way, in Halo 5. Whether we’ll see them or even fight them, only time will tell.

If they do return, I want to hint to it AT ALL. Make it be a HUGE surprise for us.

If they are in the game, why would they spoil that reveal?

> 2533274840469109;9:
> If they are in the game, why would they spoil that reveal?

Because we just got confirmation of the fireteams. I would’ve loved to have had Osiris, aside from Locke, remain a mystery until launch. Getting confirmation of stuff is awesome, it’s fun but, going in blindly?! Not knowing anything ahead of you?! Oh man, that is the best experience you could wish for.

It would be cool to see them back.

Honestly, why would there be flood anywhere? Left over research? Would it be more of a discovery if we could at least run into say a Forerunner Builder, even the Lifeshaper or even a Precursor. Imagine a race that built all races, Forerunners, Ancient Humans, etc. That race decides Forerunners did not deserve to inherit the mantle. So they choose the Ancient humans as the next race for mantle. I think they also wanted to remove the Forerunners, I do not remember the book clearly.

Those are far more exiciting to meet than flood. If you want the mystery of the flood and darkness then I guess I get where you’re coming from.

> 2533274883849234;10:
> > 2533274840469109;9:
> > If they are in the game, why would they spoil that reveal?
>
>
> Because we just got confirmation of the fireteams. I would’ve loved to have had Osiris, aside from Locke, remain a mystery until launch. Getting confirmation of stuff is awesome, it’s fun but, going in blindly?! Not knowing anything ahead of you?! Oh man, that is the best experience you could wish for.

With this community? They have to tell us something that’s in the game, as much as we would love to be surprised people here would start screaming that they never tell us anything and that they don’t listen to us.

If the flood are in I hope we hear nothing about it, I want that need to crap my pants feeling I got in the first game. The flood would be the ultimate surprise for this game.

> 2533274813506525;12:
> Honestly, why would there be flood anywhere? Left over research? Would it be more of a discovery if we could at least run into say a Forerunner Builder, even the Lifeshaper or even a Precursor. Imagine a race that built all races, Forerunners, Ancient Humans, etc. That race decides Forerunners did not deserve to inherit the mantle. So they choose the Ancient humans as the next race for mantle. I think they also wanted to remove the Forerunners, I do not remember the book clearly.
>
> Those are far more exiciting to meet than flood. If you want the mystery of the flood and darkness then I guess I get where you’re coming from.

The Flood are the Precursors and they arrived initially from outside the galaxy. You honestly expect me to believe more are not awaiting beyond the void?

I hate the Flood probably the worst enemy in the Halo series. I can’t stand being slapped in the face by a bunch of space zombies and for some reason I get hit even when they are not in attacking range. They are more of an annoyance more than anything else and I never want to see them again. Unless somehow 343 can make them not annoying anymore. And as far as Halo Wars goes unless it’s also on PC I really don’t want to play another one of those. RTS games do not work on consoles…ever. You need a keyboard and mouse. So unless the genre has changed I’ll pass on it. Halo Wars is still the only Halo game I hate to this day…

Of course I don’t want 343i to say that they are in the game but to give us a hint, I still hope that they will appear late in the game.

> 2533274920741579;16:
> Of course I don’t want 343i to say that they are in the game but to give us a hint, I still hope that they will appear late in the game.

Yes a hint would be okay just don’t make it too obvious.

> 2533274819456162;15:
> I hate the Flood probably the worst enemy in the Halo series. I can’t stand being slapped in the face by a bunch of space zombies and for some reason I get hit even when they are not in attacking range. They are more of an annoyance more than anything else and I never want to see them again. Unless somehow 343 can make them not annoying anymore. And as far as Halo Wars goes unless it’s also on PC I really don’t want to play another one of those. RTS games do not work on consoles…ever. You need a keyboard and mouse. So unless the genre has changed I’ll pass on it. Halo Wars is still the only Halo game I hate to this day…

The flood can take any shape or form. They don’t have to be anything at all like what we’ve previously encountered.

That being said, i completely disagree on your opinion of the flood, as I always found the flood combat in the previous games to be intense and challenging. And I’m probably in the minority but some of my favorite missions in previous games were the ones that focused solely on the flood, 343 Guilty Spark being a prime example. The feeling of being overrun made the game feel fun and exciting!

Will there be a ‘Halo 5’?

Halo 5: Guardians could be a build up to Halo 5 in which The Flood show up in force.
Could confuse people but they had Halo 3 and Halo 3 : ODST

I would rather save The Flood for another game or have them show up last minute just so we can have enough time to appreciate Chief / Lockes team, the hunt, what the covenant is up to, what’s happened to the Didact and where humanity is at with finding forerunner techology. I wouldn’t want The Flood forced in there just because we haven’t seen or fought them in so long.

I really hope it is in the game, but in the last mission or something. 343 should keep it secret until launch, make it a huge surprise.