Has 343i lost the right to remain silent?

For what it’s worth, I appreciate that 343i has taken the mantle after Bungie left, and I loved Halo 4’s…campaign. And only the campaign. The multiplayer and Spartan Ops did not live up to the hype for me.

The biggest issue I currently have is not just how the game turned out, but how quickly it hit the fan between development and release. The problem is that we knew next to nothing after it’s initial reveal at E3 '11 until the spring showcase during the following March. And it seems 343i may be doing it again with the next title. They’ve been very focused on Spartan Assault, which felt like a half-baked Halo wars meets geometry wars when I played it on W8. I don’t get why it’s getting so much attention while their next biggest game is being left in secrecy. I’d love to say they’ll surprise us, I’d love to say they’ll prove me wrong. That’s exactly how I felt when they starved us for information during Halo 4’s development. And they fell flat.

So do they have a right to do it again? To keep us in the dark and finally share information of the game only once they hit the point of no return? Halo 4’s lackluster was almost enough for me to finally give up on Halo. My hype for the next game is nearly zero, I am incredibly cautious of 343’s next move. I gave them the benefit of the doubt since it was their first game, but now is the real dealbreaker. I want Halo to evolve, but not in the way of taking bare bone features from every other shooter and calling it the sequel to one of the most successful arena shooters, Halo 3.

Please 343i, be more connected with us as the community, that’s what made Bungie so great. But I feel that Halo 4 proves that as developers, you isolated yourselves from us, and gave us what many of us didn’t want nor asked for. I may be in the minority and I’m sorry if that all seems harsh, but Halo is my passion so I must stand where I feel best on the situation. And right now, I don’t fully trust 343i.

I agree 90% in that I didn’t even like the campaign for Halo 4 all that much (It definitely was the strong point). Multiplayer was… Underwhelming doesn’t even begin to cover it. Pathetic.

I was in the minority of my friends and colleagues back before it released. I, unlike them, defended 343i and trusted them to do the franchise justice. Then, they cater to the many. The CODers, the Battlefans, pretty much everyone but the Halo purists.

Halo 5 is the do or die for me. No more chances.

> <mark>I agree 90% in that I didn’t even like the campaign for Halo 4 all that much (It definitely was the strong point). Multiplayer was… Underwhelming doesn’t even begin to cover it. Pathetic.</mark>
> <mark>I was in the minority of my friends and colleagues back before it released. I, unlike them, defended 343i and trusted them to do the franchise justice. Then, they cater to the many. The CODers, the Battlefans, pretty much everyone but the Halo purists.</mark>
> <mark>Halo 5 is the do or die for me. No more chances.</mark>

Exactly!!!

> Multiplayer was… Underwhelming doesn’t even begin to cover it. Pathetic.

Didn’t stop you from playing it for a whole year I see.

> Exactly!!!

I wouldn’t be saying anything either. Your record is even more incriminating.

> > Multiplayer was… Underwhelming doesn’t even begin to cover it. Pathetic.
>
> Didn’t stop you from playing it for a whole year I see.
>
>
>
> > Exactly!!!
>
> I wouldn’t be saying anything either. Your record is even more incriminating.

Oh boy, I haven’t seen this argument in a long time!

So, because they’ve both played the game a lot and dislike it, are you implying that lessens their argument? If anything it gives them more credibility, as they’ve had so much experience with the game and still dislike it.

I don’t understand the do or die argument. I have no problem owning halo 4 and not playing it. When I do a series run through I will play halo 4 again. Decent campaign, not as good as 1-3 but definitely better than odst and reach.

if halo 5 has crappy multiplayer I will do the same as I did for halo 4, buy no dlc and not play it.

Now if the single player for 5 sucks (like reaches did) then I don’t know what I will do. If it is really awful that won’t stop me from getting halo 6 to finish the trilogy but I may get rid of the whole series after I finish it.

> > Multiplayer was… Underwhelming doesn’t even begin to cover it. Pathetic.
>
> Didn’t stop you from playing it for a whole year I see.
>
>
>
> > Exactly!!!
>
> I wouldn’t be saying anything either. Your record is even more incriminating.

I’m not gonna say that I haven’t criticized 343i in the past whether it being rant rage, logical reasons why I didn’t like something, and purely my opinion w/ no facts behind it.

The fact is that if I were to ignore what you’d said , and say I never said anything bad about 343i, then I’d be a hypocrite. I know my past, I also know during 343i time months prior to Halo 4’s release I took off the rage glasses that most of the community had on, and changed. Than began giving the best logical reasons why I didn’t like something 343I were doing.

“I wouldn’t be saying anything either. Your record is even more incriminating.”
I don’t give a -Yoink- what you think I should be saying. Oh no my record is incriminating throw me in jail. Please I think anyone here that acts like they’re above others on these forums by acting like they never said anything bad about Halo 4 whether it be a logical explanation why they don’t like something or a rant. Is a hypocrite!

> > > Multiplayer was… Underwhelming doesn’t even begin to cover it. Pathetic.
> >
> > Didn’t stop you from playing it for a whole year I see.
> >
> >
> >
> > > Exactly!!!
> >
> > I wouldn’t be saying anything either. Your record is even more incriminating.
>
> Oh boy, I haven’t seen this argument in a long time!
>
> <mark>So, because they’ve both played the game a lot and dislike it, are you implying that lessens their argument? If anything it gives them more credibility, as they’ve had so much experience with the game and still dislike it.</mark>

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

> > > Multiplayer was… Underwhelming doesn’t even begin to cover it. Pathetic.
> >
> > Didn’t stop you from playing it for a whole year I see.
> >
> >
> >
> > > Exactly!!!
> >
> > I wouldn’t be saying anything either. Your record is even more incriminating.
>
>
> So, because they’ve both played the game a lot and dislike it, are you implying that lessens their argument? If anything it gives them more credibility, as they’ve had so much experience with the game and still dislike it.

How is that supposed to give them more credibility? If you dislike a game, you don’t play it.

Hey, I hate Bioshock 2 with passion, what should I do? I know! Play more Bioshock 2.

It doesn’t lessens their argument, but it makes you wonder why would you keep playing something you dislike in the first place.

[deleted]

> > > > Multiplayer was… Underwhelming doesn’t even begin to cover it. Pathetic.
> > >
> > > Didn’t stop you from playing it for a whole year I see.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > Exactly!!!
> > >
> > > I wouldn’t be saying anything either. Your record is even more incriminating.
> >
> > Oh boy, I haven’t seen this argument in a long time!
> >
> > So, because they’ve both played the game a lot and dislike it, are you implying that lessens their argument? If anything it gives them more credibility, as they’ve had so much experience with the game and still dislike it.
>
> How is that supposed to give them more credibility? If you dislike a game, you don’t play it.
>
> <mark>Hey, I hate Bioshock 2 with passion, what should I do? I know! Play more Bioshock 2.</mark>
>
> It doesn’t lessens their argument, <mark>but it makes you wonder why would you keep playing something you dislike in the first place.</mark>

Maybe because if the majority of the fanbase did. The population would suffer. Oh wait that’s exactly what happened, maybe since you know some of us have been playing this game for years we want to help improve the next game, and overall just support game we’ve became attached to. So, in the end result the only thing that makes us want to play is know the problems w/ the current game and help better the next one by giving our feedback via forums.

Heck, if anyone thinks my playtime in H4 is a lot which is pretty much a week in total I think. I’ve played 40+ days of Reach last time I checked.

> > > > Multiplayer was… Underwhelming doesn’t even begin to cover it. Pathetic.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > Exactly!!!
> > >
> > > I wouldn’t be saying anything either. Your record is even more incriminating.
> >
> >
> > So, because they’ve both played the game a lot and dislike it, are you implying that lessens their argument? If anything it gives them more credibility, as they’ve had so much experience with the game and still dislike it.
>
> How is that supposed to give them more credibility? If you dislike a game, you don’t play it.
>
> Hey, I hate Bioshock 2 with passion, what should I do? I know! Play more Bioshock 2.
>
> It doesn’t lessens their argument, but it makes you wonder why would you keep playing something you dislike in the first place.

They have experience with the game, this gives their opinion more valid and reliable. If they had never played it and were saying how bad it is, then they would just be making assumptions on something they’ve never experienced. When a person has a lot of experience with something, in general, that makes them more qualified, and a reliable source, to talk about that experience. This is really elementary stuff.

You’re assuming they’ve kept playing it and do so on a regular basis. Even if they do, then they either do it in hopes that it will somehow get better, it’s preferable to the alternatives, or they’re masochists. Likely not the latter.

> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > Exactly!!!
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
> Hey, I hate Bioshock 2 with passion, what should I do? I know! Play more Bioshock 2.
>
> It doesn’t lessens their argument, but it makes you wonder why would you keep playing something you dislike in the first place.

I think you dont fully get it. you see there are many fans who absolutely loved Halo and were completely hyped for halo 4. but after it came out they noticed that it didnt live up to their expectations.
I think its more of a case of denial, they’re trying to convince themselves that it doesn’t stink by playing over and over again. and/or a case of insanity. they play the same disappointing game over and over again expecting it to be different.

Its most likely a Case of denial.

or it could be something entirely different. I dunno.

They most certainly have the right to remain silent while working on some tricks up their sleeves.

>
> So, because they’ve both played the game a lot and dislike it, are you implying that lessens their argument? If anything it gives them more credibility, as they’ve had so much experience with the game and still dislike it.

Dislike it? Sounds like they hate it. Why would they play something they hate for a year?

> > > > > Multiplayer was… Underwhelming doesn’t even begin to cover it. Pathetic.
> > > >
> > > > Didn’t stop you from playing it for a whole year I see.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > Exactly!!!
> > > >
> > > > I wouldn’t be saying anything either. Your record is even more incriminating.
> > >
> > > Oh boy, I haven’t seen this argument in a long time!
> > >
> > > So, because they’ve both played the game a lot and dislike it, are you implying that lessens their argument? If anything it gives them more credibility, as they’ve had so much experience with the game and still dislike it.
> >
> > How is that supposed to give them more credibility? If you dislike a game, you don’t play it.
> >
> > Hey, I hate Bioshock 2 with passion, what should I do? I know! Play more Bioshock 2.
> >
> > It doesn’t lessens their argument, but it makes you wonder why would you keep playing something you dislike in the first place.
>
> I think you dont fully get it. you see there are many fans who absolutely loved Halo and were completely hyped for halo 4. but after it came out they noticed that it didnt live up to their expectations.
> I think its more of a case of denial, they’re trying to convince themselves that it doesn’t stink by playing over and over again. and/or <mark>a case of insanity. they play the same disappointing game over and over again expecting it to be different.</mark>
>
> Its most likely a Case of denial.
>
> or it could be something entirely different. I dunno.

Sadly that was me for a while.

> > > > > Multiplayer was… Underwhelming doesn’t even begin to cover it. Pathetic.
> > > >
> > > > Didn’t stop you from playing it for a whole year I see.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > Exactly!!!
> > > >
> > > > I wouldn’t be saying anything either. Your record is even more incriminating.
> > >
> > > Oh boy, I haven’t seen this argument in a long time!
> > >
> > > So, because they’ve both played the game a lot and dislike it, are you implying that lessens their argument? If anything it gives them more credibility, as they’ve had so much experience with the game and still dislike it.
> >
> > How is that supposed to give them more credibility? If you dislike a game, you don’t play it.
> >
> > Hey, I hate Bioshock 2 with passion, what should I do? I know! Play more Bioshock 2.
> >
> > It doesn’t lessens their argument, but it makes you wonder why would you keep playing something you dislike in the first place.
>
> I think you dont fully get it. you see there are many fans who absolutely loved Halo and were completely hyped for halo 4. but after it came out they noticed that it didnt live up to their expectations.
> <mark>I think its more of a case of denial, they’re trying to convince themselves that it doesn’t stink by playing over and over again. and/or a case of insanity. they play the same disappointing game over and over again expecting it to be different.</mark>
> <mark>Its most likely a Case of denial.</mark>
> <mark>or it could be something entirely different. I dunno.</mark>

I know in my case I’m neither. I do know however that to the best of my knowledge I haven’t played Halo 4 in a round 3 weeks. Even then I only played a couple games a week, but returned to REACH for the majority of the time. Its not like I’m expecting Halo 5 or Halo 4 to change back to Halos olden ways, but I’m simply trying to adapt to this casual type of game. Since I’m preparing for the worst and 343i ignoring Sangheili fans, and the competitive community.

> > > > > > Multiplayer was… Underwhelming doesn’t even begin to cover it. Pathetic.
> > > > >
> > > > > Didn’t stop you from playing it for a whole year I see.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > > Exactly!!!
> > > > >
> > > > > I wouldn’t be saying anything either. Your record is even more incriminating.
> > > >
> > > > Oh boy, I haven’t seen this argument in a long time!
> > > >
> > > > So, because they’ve both played the game a lot and dislike it, are you implying that lessens their argument? If anything it gives them more credibility, as they’ve had so much experience with the game and still dislike it.
> > >
> > > How is that supposed to give them more credibility? If you dislike a game, you don’t play it.
> > >
> > > Hey, I hate Bioshock 2 with passion, what should I do? I know! Play more Bioshock 2.
> > >
> > > It doesn’t lessens their argument, but it makes you wonder why would you keep playing something you dislike in the first place.
> >
> > I think you dont fully get it. you see there are many fans who absolutely loved Halo and were completely hyped for halo 4. but after it came out they noticed that it didnt live up to their expectations.
> > <mark>I think its more of a case of denial, they’re trying to convince themselves that it doesn’t stink by playing over and over again. and/or a case of insanity. they play the same disappointing game over and over again expecting it to be different.</mark>
> > <mark>Its most likely a Case of denial.</mark>
> > <mark>or it could be something entirely different. I dunno.</mark>
>
> I know in my case I’m neither. I do know however that to the best of my knowledge I haven’t played Halo 4 in a round 3 weeks. Even then I only played a couple games a week, but returned to REACH for the majority of the time. Its not like I’m expecting Halo 5 or Halo 4 to change back to Halos olden ways, <mark>but I’m simply trying to adapt to this casual type of game.</mark> Since I’m preparing for the worst and 343i <mark>ignoring</mark> Sangheili fans, and <mark>the competitive community.</mark>

Wouldn’t bet on this going further than 4…

Game development companies usually follow the same marketing schedule, and plus I think Microsoft doesn’t want Halo to take away Titanfall’s steam. Also if this title is Halo 5 MS doesn’t want it to distract from their first big exclusive. I mean I hear no one complaining about not hearing about Black Tusk’s game…

> >
>
> Dislike it? <mark>Sounds like they hate it.</mark> Why would they play something they hate for a year?

I’ve already defended myself against the ridiculous comment that started all of this.

dislike:

feel distaste for or hostility toward.

hate:

feel intense or passionate dislike for (someone).

Theirs really no difference between the words. Dislike is just more of a sugar coating word because people find hate as a strong word to use. Also who says I’ve been playing this game for a year? I remember I stopped playing Halo 4 in January and didn’t start playing until around…if memory serves April, or May. Also who says that I have been playing Halo 4 consistently? The only time I was playing H4 consistently was during the summer, but quickly stopped towards the end of summer, and stayed on REACH for the majority of my time since then. Finally, I bet if I shall be so bold that I’ve played less than 50 or 60 games of Halo 4 in the last 4 months.