Has 343 taken too long to address CSR?

I don’t think this thing is likely going to be out until March from all indications. Has 343 taken too long to TU the system and other errors? While Halo is losing steam, other FPS games seem to be gaining it. If the tu goes live in March, five months will have eclipsed since the release of H4 (almost half a year.)

they are trying to have it come out in April now, but i highly doubt that it will be ready then.

I do find it odd that it wasn’t at least formulated (hell if that’s a word) pre-launch and tested live in the environment at that point. It seems like it was still in development post-launch. I’m not sure which portion of the team would be working on developing that, but its one I assume wouldn’t be on highly limited resources prior to launch.

Ultimately, I see it as a low priority function that got back-burnered prior to launch.

> they are trying to have it come out in April now, but i highly doubt that it will be ready then.

Even if it is done by April, we’re talking APRIL! IMO that’s absurd. Should not take 5 months to put a ranking system in the game. Halo2 and 3 both had an in game ranking system at launch. Reach…well ya, we all know about that abomination.

I feel the real problem is the dwindling Halo 4 population, by April there may not be enough players for a CSR addition to really matter.

The only think 343 can do at this point to salvage what little fanbase they have left is to issue a public press release apologizing to the Halo community, and admitting they -Yoinked!- up.

Effective immediately, they will halt all work on any paid DLC and Spartan Ops, and put all development effort towards fixing custom games, putting a proper ranking system IN-GAME, re-organizing playlists into social and ranked, and fixing the numerous balance issues.

Furthermore, they will have an entire community feedback team dedicated to interacting with the community and community leaders, truly gathering feedback by actually interacting with us rather than observing and collecting. This team would debate with us, get us to explain ourselves and back up our arguments with reason and fact. THAT is how to get ideas from your community, you have to be in the trenches WITH them.

Lastly, I believe they should refund everyone who purchased their first map pack as a gesture of good faith, and of good will that they will follow through on the above promises.

No. And here’s why: They didn’t even have to do it. It literally adds nothing to the game but happiness to a vocal minority. The fact that they are trying their best to do something is already good enough.

April is about 6 months after release… Was excited but really. Even if not by our names in playlist, In-Game via Service record would be nice. Instead we are waiting for something that is unusable?

It kinda makes sense I guess. I’m spending more time on waypoint than I am playing Halo 4 anyway… Why not? HeadDesk

Yes, but H4 was rushed by Microsoft.

Halo 4 had to come out of the box swinging after the failure of Halo; Reach, and seeing how it failed to deliver like previous titles before Halo: Reach I think it is safe to say they missed their opportunity.

If they do the new ranking system correctly die hards who played ranked will surely return, but as far as getting the entire population back? Dream on dreamer, It is too lat, and most of us already manned the life boats.

I really enjoyed playing this game for a while, I think it’s great. I do think they are taking too long when it comes to the updates and balancing though, and it’s a shame. The community is getting smaller, and with other great games coming out soon, it’s going to be extremely hard to keep people’s attention.

I was planning on making halo 4 my go to game for the next year, but I don’t think that is going to happen now. Crysis 3 looks amazing, and I will be picking it up. When DLC comes out for halo ill throw in the disk and play for a while, but it’s hard not to get mad at some of the balancing issues this game has.

> No. And here’s why: They didn’t even have to do it. It literally adds nothing to the game but happiness to a vocal minority. The fact that they are trying their best to do something is already good enough.

And you sir, have just proved your ignorance. The vocal minority? It’s dismissing comments like that, that try to diminish peoples concerns and make a mole hill out of a mountain. Everyone I’ve seen, played with, heard on youtube, etc., noob and pro alike, are calling out for ranks. Pros don’t want to have a borring game of 80-210 to 600 almost every game if people even stay in that long. And noobs don’t want to go into a game where they get sniped off spawn and double and triple teamed, which makes it feel more like a 8v4. You must really have very little knowledge of the subject matter if you’re making comments like that.