has 343 admit their failure yet?

Edited by Moderator - Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

The first step to getting better is admitting you have a problem. I haven’t been around much since Halo 4 is dead so I may have missed it, but has 343 came out and stated that their design philosophy of spartan in a wheelchair was a mistake yet?

Im curious. If 343 actually knows the direction they took Halo MP in was a mistake then halo 5 has a chance.

Whether Halo 4 failed is all a matter of opinion, not fact.

343 have said countless times they know where they have gone wrong in Halo 4 and will be improving it upon in Halo 5.

With Bravo and Neighbor now at 343 we should hope not to see any more mishaps as far as matchmaking is concerned. That said I don’t know their position in the company or what say they have in the game.

I’d blame Microsoft studios more than 343 for this…

They more or less pressures 343 into making halo 4 the way it was…

But you can still blame then for just about everything afte launch

> Whether Halo 4 failed is all a matter of opinion, not fact.
>
> 343 have said countless times they know where they have gone wrong in Halo 4 and will be improving it upon in Halo 5.
>
> With Bravo and Neighbor now at 343 we should hope not to see any more mishaps as far as matchmaking is concerned. That said I don’t know their position in the company or what say they have in the game.

NEIGHBOR WORKS AT 343?

No wonder this game had so much competitive coverage…

Several months ago the Franchise Development Director, Frankie, spoke in a Bulletin. Here he said that the team acknowledges that they made mistakes.

Looking at recent updates, it certainly seems like 343i is pushing to right the wrongs. I don’t expect them to eliminate everything new, but they’ll certainly improve and know more about what can go wrong prior.

Before, it was a new team going in blind.

> > Whether Halo 4 failed is all a matter of opinion, not fact.
> >
> > 343 have said countless times they know where they have gone wrong in Halo 4 and will be improving it upon in Halo 5.
> >
> > With Bravo and Neighbor now at 343 we should hope not to see any more mishaps as far as matchmaking is concerned. That said I don’t know their position in the company or what say they have in the game.
>
> NEIGHBOR WORKS AT 343?
>
>
> No wonder this game had so much competitive coverage…

He just a tester he won’t be making any huge changes and 343 can pretty much ignore his suggestions if they wanted.

> Whether Halo 4 failed is all a matter of opinion, not fact.
>
> 343 have said countless times they know where they have gone wrong in Halo 4 and will be improving it upon in Halo 5.
>
> With Bravo and Neighbor now at 343 we should hope not to see any more mishaps as far as matchmaking is concerned. That said I don’t know their position in the company or what say they have in the game.

Uhhh, it’s 14th on the XBL charts. FOURTEENTH!!!

Saying “we know where we went wrong” without going into specifics is the kind of thing I tell my girlfriend when I actually have no clue as to why she’s mad at me lol.

> >
> > 343 have said countless times they know where they have gone wrong in Halo 4 and will be improving it upon in Halo 5.
> >
> > With Bravo and Neighbor now at 343 we should hope not to see any more mishaps as far as matchmaking is concerned. That said I don’t know their position in the company or what say they have in the game.
>
> Uhhh, it’s 14th on the XBL charts. FOURTEENTH!!!
>
> Saying “we know where we went wrong” without going into specifics is the kind of thing I tell my girlefriend when I actually have no clue as to why she’s mad at me lol.

I don’t care about multiplayer, its place on the chart is irrelevant, Halo 4 was great

You don’t care about multiplayer so then you dont have the authority to comment on how god awful the multiplayer truly was thanks and goodbye

> You don’t care about multiplayer so then you dont have the authority to comment on how god awful the multiplayer truly was thanks and goodbye

I can comment on the game and aspects I liked, but I can say whenever I play the multiplayer I have a lot of fun, almost as much as CE PC (best Halo)

343i and Microsoft measure success by sales, not by population. If 343i sells X number of games they are considered a success by their employers. If they sell more than X then they are considered gods by their employers.

Believe me, they are concerned about the population numbers, but from the sales perspective the game is more than successful.

Frankie O’Connor admitted in a Weekly Bulletin that they didn’t get to do all the things they wanted to.

Stop being so childish.

> > > Whether Halo 4 failed is all a matter of opinion, not fact.
> > >
> > > 343 have said countless times they know where they have gone wrong in Halo 4 and will be improving it upon in Halo 5.
> > >
> > > With Bravo and Neighbor now at 343 we should hope not to see any more mishaps as far as matchmaking is concerned. That said I don’t know their position in the company or what say they have in the game.
> >
> > Uhhh, it’s 14th on the XBL charts. FOURTEENTH!!!
> >
> > Saying “we know where we went wrong” without going into specifics is the kind of thing I tell my girlefriend when I actually have no clue as to why she’s mad at me lol.
>
> I don’t care about multiplayer, its place on the chart is irrelevant, Halo 4 was great

That’s cool, but unfortunately for you, for millions upon millions of people, MP is very important.

> >
> >
>
> Uhhh, it’s 14th on the XBL charts. FOURTEENTH!!!
>
> Saying “we know where we went wrong” without going into specifics is the kind of thing I tell my girlefriend when I actually have no clue as to why she’s mad at me lol.

haha fair enough

Lets look at it from another point of view. People have been posting on these forums for the last year. Whether it be constructive criticism or down right insulting to 343, I’m pretty sure they get the idea.

> 343i and Microsoft measure success by sales, not by population. If 343i sells X number of games they are considered a success by their employers. If they sell more than X then they are considered gods by their employers.
>
> Believe me, they are concerned about the population numbers, but from the sales perspective the game is more than successful.

Since when do you speak for MS?

Halo has been a system selling and online community growing game for MS. Expanding XBL and creating an ecosystem that snowballs and draws people to the xbox platform and away from others, like PSN, is very important to MS. Simply selling units of Halo 4 is a small part of the the business puzzle.

It’s no coincidence that MS is putting so much money into exclusive timed COD DLC and games like Titanfall. They know games like Halo Reach and Halo 4 are not doing it for XBL. It’s not a big enough draw.

Nice one, Loscocco.

Anyways, it’s all a money game now, no matter how much nostalgia is present in the series; Microsoft is going to continue seeking out the cash like a anteater seeks money, and in all honesty, I don’t expect them to do anything else.