Harpoon Techniques

What is every ones opinion on adding some skill/choice into the grapple hook? For example, if you walk backwards while grappling something, it should pull it towards you and if you push forwards, it should send you towards the grapple. This could be used in combat if there’s a cliff you want to pull a hostile over or if there is a moveable object you want to pull to fall onto an enemy and killl em… I understand it would not be used much but it would add another layer to an already awesome object in game

I could see that getting abused real quick and also annoying to be on the receiving end of.

> 2535463263896395;2:
> I could see that getting abused real quick and also annoying to be on the receiving end of.

Same here, I understand how fun it might be, but if I’m getting thrown over a cliff I’m not going to enjoy it.

Yeah that could get mistreated real bad.
I think the grapple is perfect the way it is tbh.

I think having it be on a per-target basis works better for gameplay. It would NOT be as fun to be moved against you will because an enemy grappled you whole holding backwards… And would be just silly on vehicles. On the flip side it is very fun flying through the air at an enemy you managed to land the hook into with a Hammer in your hands. And it’s a lot less not-fun for them when it happens.

The grapple works a lot like the grapple on Pathfinder in Apex it’s really good. But will definitely be some crazy plays