Hardware the demo ran on?

Some of the demo’s graphics just don’t look right. Now I’m not talking about the art style. I mean some visual effects don’t seem to be “maxed out” or sometimes even worse, as if totally missing. I understand that it’s not the final game, but was it really played on XSX, or was it on PC/X1X with lowered settings (which was the case with GTAV’s PS5 event trailer – they used PS4 footage instead of PS5’s)?

Don’t think we’ll know, no way they will say XSX.

However this was supposed to be our first look at Halo for the next generation on the next generation Xbox console… so why the eff would they give us a demo that looked completely at home in E3 2010?!

It’s beyond me that 343 saw that demo and thought ‘Yeah that looks good, lets launch the new Halo with this showcase’. What were they thinking the reaction would be?!

they confirmed it ran on a computer… but the video said it was supposed to resemble what it would look like on series x

> 2533274881534340;3:
> they confirmed it ran on a computer… but the video said it was supposed to resemble what it would look like on series x

> 2533274881534340;3:
> they confirmed it ran on a computer… but the video said it was supposed to resemble what it would look like on series x

Really? Wow then next-gen consoles are in a really white-hotted face off: first a PS5 showcase kicking off with PS4 footage, now a supposedly XSX event starting with this.

> 2535472130922237;5:
> > 2533274881534340;3:
> > they confirmed it ran on a computer… but the video said it was supposed to resemble what it would look like on series x
>
> Really? Wow then next-gen consoles are in a really white-hotted face off: first a PS5 showcase kicking off with PS4 footage, now a supposedly XSX event starting with this.

source: https://gamerant.com/halo-infinite-gameplay-demo-pc/

> 2533274843280400;2:
> Don’t think we’ll know, no way they will say XSX.
>
> However this was supposed to be our first look at Halo for the next generation on the next generation Xbox console… so why the eff would they give us a demo that looked completely at home in E3 2010?!
>
> It’s beyond me that 343 saw that demo and thought ‘Yeah that looks good, lets launch the new Halo with this showcase’. What were they thinking the reaction would be?!

And the latest Waypoint article says the game will “grow and evolve over time” “well beyond launch”. So the game is not even planned to “fully take advantage of XSX” at launch? Geez.

> 2533274881534340;6:
> > 2535472130922237;5:
> > > 2533274881534340;3:
> > > they confirmed it ran on a computer… but the video said it was supposed to resemble what it would look like on series x
> >
> > Really? Wow then next-gen consoles are in a really white-hotted face off: first a PS5 showcase kicking off with PS4 footage, now a supposedly XSX event starting with this.
>
> source: Halo Infinite Demo Was Running on PC

After that shtishow MS wont dare say that it was running on XSX, even them saying simlar spec PC is dangerously close

> 2533274843280400;8:
> > 2533274881534340;6:
> > > 2535472130922237;5:
> > > > 2533274881534340;3:
> > > > they confirmed it ran on a computer… but the video said it was supposed to resemble what it would look like on series x
> > >
> > > Really? Wow then next-gen consoles are in a really white-hotted face off: first a PS5 showcase kicking off with PS4 footage, now a supposedly XSX event starting with this.
> >
> > source: Halo Infinite Demo Was Running on PC
>
> After that shtishow MS wont dare say that it was running on XSX, even them saying simlar spec PC is dangerously close

The only way they could save this is by saying it ran on PS5 hahah. They also said it’s an old build. For sure the final game will look a bit better, but unless they really do some major turnaround and have the launch later than we expect, effects and banished assets will stay cartoony

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

It’s so depressing and frustrating and saaaaad :sob:. Why hasn’t 343i been shut down already? Every single thing they’ve ever done is bad, they can’t even do an app for smartphones right. Please 343i go do something else, but leave Halo alone, pleeease :weary:.

I honestly think the game isn’t polished yet in terms of graphics considering ray tracing is coming out till after release. There is a night and day difference between demo and campaign trailer.

For those that want gritty, we been arguing to go back to original halo art style and halo 3 was the most successful and one of the most loved halo games. The colors and kinda bright feel of halo CE and halo 3 are brought back. This isn’t dark halo reach style, sorry. I like this approach with the art style and color but I’d like to see more texture details.

I hope MS has another event to show off hardware and use another more polished halo infinite demo as an example. By all means it can be the same demo they shower but showing off framerate, texture details with VRS, mesh shading and ray traced lighting or shadows.

Otherwise I got what I was looking for. The music is great and the design of the enemies is back to original. It’s fast paced, equipment is back. Definately buying with the series x. Hope we see the changes and we all get to enjoy a huge halo game that’s amazing just like the old days! Goodluck everyone and see you all on installation 07!